To be honest I print quite a few email attachments but few actual emails but your thread has made me think:

I don't think it's very practical to put your main email address into iPrint&scan (too much to scroll thru) or if you have 2 or more email addresses then think it only accepts one.

A good solution for me and maybe for you would be to create a new Gmail email address just for iprint&scan use. Enter that email address into the app.
    Emails you want to print forwards to the new email address.

Open the iprint&scan app on email tab to print the emails you have selected to print.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 03:08 PM
    I actually have 5 email accounts for various purposes.

One of those is a Gmail acct which I don't really use, I just have it because I have a Nexus 7 tablet and used to have a small Motorola android phone for travel (it had a qwerty kb ). But the Google account has now come in handy for Cobalt's Playstore too.

Another of the accounts I have is an enterprise email acct. And that's the email acct I usually want to print emails from, on occasion. Generally the need arises when I can't login to the system from my desktop/laptop or don't want to bother going thru the login process just to print an email, easier to print it from the phone.

The problem for me with the email printer apps is that they have to access the email server, which is fine for Gmail, outlook, hotmail and for my email acct with my ISP. But it's an issue with the enterprise acct because I don't know how to add it, and the IT guys would probably crucify me if I did figure out how to do it and did it.

Your simple solution of forwarding emails for printing to the Google acct is a good one since I don't usually that account anyway. For that matter, forwarding emails for printing to any of the non-enterprise accounts and use PrintHand would work too.

Would be better if BlackBerry could simply provide a means of sharing emails from the Hub.

When I get a chance, I'll see if I can set up my brother printer at home to receive and print emails forwarded directly from the hub. Might be more difficult for the office printers though

And the ultimate solution would be Blackberry just makes printing work in the OS

Passport OS 10.3.1.2243
    02-15-15 05:52 PM
    Another more generic option exists, which is printing to an email address associated with your printer (most new printers can do this).

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    This^ is the best option for newer printers. Many people or offices don't have that. Also some of us more tech proficient are capable of working things out, but unfortunately that is not the case very often with others. I have had many clients ask can I print from this device... It's rarely an easy answer, unless there is a specific app available. PrintHand works but it is also unreliable.
    02-19-15 12:06 PM
    There was an identical thread today on this. I've copied my response below:

People don't seem to understand that if you want wireless printing you have to either: 1) convince printer manufacturers to include the necessary drivers and/or protocols on the printer itself (eg: Airprint and Google Cloud Print), or 2) have an app on the phone that can download from a giant database of printer drivers.

Since it is unlikely that 1 above is feasible for BlackBerry and its lack of market clout, then only 2 is viable. Download Printhand from BBW. Done. Works great.

Another more generic option exists, which is printing to an email address associated with your printer (most new printers can do this).

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    So you can print emails from an Exchange Activesync account with Printhand?
    03-04-15 08:19 PM
29 12