HI All,

I happen to see this below link,

Massive Windows Phone 8.1 feature-list gets detailed, including Quiet Hours, Office Lens and more | Windows Phone Central

it has all the features that would probably be a part of 8.1 update and I was like.. BB10 is already moving(minus the camera).

�Sharing secured WI-Fi Networks with contacts if they have Wi-Fi Sense. They don�t get to see the shared password though(ok ok.. that's not here but is not a big thing!!)
    �Social notifications will now show up in Action Center by swiping from the top of the screen ( LOL.. nothing beats the Hub)
    �Operators can now control Data Sense limits remotely (Operators are really worried on that.. ha ha)
    �Operators can also install certain applications once a SIM card is detected(already in place)
    �Along with normal updates, there are now �important� updates.(not sure what they meant by that)
    �Options to always download emails and pictures within them(long before there)
    �Encrypted and signed e-mail support(oops,, we are on BB, nothing better encrypted)
    �Change default SMS app. You can also change which SMS app will show notifications.(Yawn!!the hub is great)
    �Enterprise enrolled phones can have their passwords changed and remotely locked(lolz... dude its a basic thing that enterprises expects)
    ��Write, when I swipe through letters�. That should be self-explanatory(flick the words with awesome prediction and change of language)
    �Geofence monitoring support. Geofence is a boundary around a place of interest to you. Location services can monitor geofences to tell your apps when you�re entering and leaving them. This would be really good for IFTTT ( I guess we have it)
    �Office Lens support. Will scan in documents and screens(nice but not getting me a buy for this feature)
    �The phone will have to update to the latest version before you can restore it to factory settings -
    �Option to update store apps automatically (a big no infact, a notification is good, let me choose if I want to update or not)
    �Option to update store apps when only on Wi-Fi ( already there)
    �App Suggestions by location(already there)
    �Manual Update checks(ha ha...)
    �Password protected Office document support (nevermind)
    �Trusted app list for NFC that will remove the need for asking whether you want to open a particular app.(I guess there is something already)
    �In-call speech commands. You�ll be able to say �Call XXXXXX�.(its there)
    �Double-Tap to unlock your phone (Feature from Lumia devices on Amber Update and newer) (Swipe to unlock directly is so great)
    �Quiet Hours(Bedside mode)
    �Double Tap to Power Off(???)
    �Notification if charger isn�t of adequate power (its there)
    �Screenshot button combination is now Power + Volume Up(standard)
    �Chkdsk for SD Cards essentially (not needed)
    �Apps on SD Cards are only allowed from ONE originating phone. If it detects that apps from another phone are installed on the SD Card, then it will ask to delete those first (we need this for games at least)
    �Voice Narrator for Accessibility (???)
    �The Search button will be the new way to open Speech instead of the Start button (Since the newer phones will have the start button on screen)
    �New Email sync options with accordance to usage patterns (i.e. If you get a lot of mail on particular days and if you don�t check mail every day).
    �Change the size and amount of tiles on your start screen.(not relevant, maybe more than 16 apps in a folder would do)
    �Wallet supports tickets and membership cards (already there)
    �App Syncing (yeah... we need to do)
    �Backups now include application data (its already there, although link is quite heavy)
    �Screen Reader functionality ( don't know whats this)
    �Screen Recording functionality (we have paid app for this)
    �Inner Circle of contacts. Up to 40 contacts can be in the inner circle. (BBM)
    �You can favorite photos by tapping a heart icon (nice concept, we can do much better in this))
    �Virtual SmartCard support (already there)
    02-17-14 02:38 AM
    I mean we are very much ahead still behind in numbers and for that I blame them for the poor pricing and low marketing efforts that didn't really move the market.

Android thing is now been thought by windows phone 8 team as well and look we started from there only...

hopefully the Jakarta would come to rescue in a way... and 10.3 should have a big change log with some big features(especially in camera app and related).

for me, immediate stuff I want to see are,
    - equalizer- ability to install apps on SD ( with appdata backup)
    - Camera app update(seriously needs an update)- Android Kitkat support that has ART .. (apps really open much faster)
    - Back and forth integration for share menu ( as of now we can share stuff from native to ports, not otherwise)- ability to backup and restore the app data from both native and ports,... ( I guess folder structure remains same so its possible)
    - more battery enhancements required(I feel radio is not really efficient)
    - some new features which make users more productive.
    - 10.3 could also change a bit of UI theme (just saying)
    - bring some BBOS apps especially social feeds to BB10-
    - More apps from BB R&D which takes things to next level or make them just perfect
    - Keyboard prediction to be more fine tuned... I guess there are some gaps...
    - effective use of tiles(tag/pin, update,etc)

Lets all hope for the best..
    02-17-14 02:50 AM
    Great features. I'm looking forward to purchasing a win mobile device.

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    02-17-14 02:54 AM
    This is not complete list of changes and new functions...
    Last edited by dolco; 02-17-14 at 03:36 AM.
    02-17-14 03:03 AM
    The special notifications thing is similar to what we have as "priority hub" so it is there..

Yes I believe Blackberry's best bet is to make the android apps run as good as native (which probably won't happen because android apps are sluggish even on android devices other than the quad/octa core high end devices)

They're on a very steady track to the top, only killing thing is that damn marketing team...

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-10.2.1.1925
    02-17-14 03:52 AM
    Dude. There's WAY more than that. There's still a massive number of features missing in the SDK

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 03:53 AM
    The special notifications thing is similar to what we have as "priority hub" so it is there..

Yes I believe Blackberry's best bet is to make the android apps run as good as native (which probably won't happen because android apps are sluggish even on android devices other than the quad/octa core high end devices)

They're on a very steady track to the top, only killing thing is that damn marketing team...

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-10.2.1.1925
    Which I guess is why MS is smart to get Nokia's marketing team
    02-17-14 03:54 AM
    I am not sure of that.. but probably missing is cortana voice assistant and notification center...which we have already...
    even if there are some more.. I guess we came to the market after them.. Win phone 8 came in sept 2012 and we came in jan 13... and if I consider win phone 7.5 from technology point of view.. its much more before that.. and we have done quite well.. that's my point...isn't it?

Dude. There's WAY more than that. There's still a massive number of features missing in the SDK

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 04:22 AM
    I am not sure of that.. but probably missing is cortana voice assistant and notification center...which we have already...
    even if there are some more.. I guess we came to the market after them.. Win phone 8 came in sept 2012 and we came in jan 13... and if I consider win phone 7.5 from technology point of view.. its much more before that.. and we have done quite well.. that's my point...isn't it?
    WP8 = September 2012
    BB = January 2013
    02-17-14 04:25 AM

��Write, when I swipe through letters�. That should be self-explanatory(flick the words with awesome prediction and change of language)
    This doesn't mean what you think it means. It's not like the BB10 keyboard, but more like the Swype keyboard from Android. Actually, someone who use to work for Swype has informed me that when Swype started out, that Samsung and Nokia were the two main investors so they went to Samsung and Nokia phones first, so this may actually be Swype, just with a different name.
    02-18-14 02:43 PM