I'm surprised not to find more topics on this issue.

I can't data transfer files to my BlackBerry when Windows Defender is monitoring in real time. The transfer status out slow (~200 kbps) and quickly degrades to 0 kbps. It rises and falls cyclically until finding it's equilibrium at 0 kbps. Brutal.

As soon as I toggle off real time monitoring, voila, BlackBerry Link comes to live and can transfer data consistently again.

Anyone else have this issue? Maybe there's an BlackBerry executable I can exclude to solve this

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 10:42 PM
    I'm using Avast with Windows Defender turned off (as recommended) with no problems with Link on Windows 7. Are you running other Anti-virus software as well as Defender?
    10-15-15 11:04 PM
    Installing another antivirus should disable Windows Defender. At this point, that may be your best option since there are plenty of very good free security suites. I use Bitdefender on my personal computers and Avast on my servers and business computers.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 06:14 AM
    Interesting! I had problems with Kaspersky Internet Security not playing nice with BlackBerry software on Windows 8.1 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit. However, I have had no issues whatsoever using BB Link or BB Blend and Windows Defender monitoring in real time on these versions of Windows.

Are you using the newest version of BlackBerry Link? Have you tried uninstalling BB Link and then reinstalling? What version of Windows are you using? Have you tested using a Windows compatibility mode? Are you transferring data by WiFi or USB?
    10-21-15 07:17 AM
    I don't run any other anti-viruses and I keep my BlackBerry Link up to date. I'm puzzled others aren't running into this issue!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 10:03 AM
    Sorry can't help. I've never used Windows Defender. Only use Avast Free.

ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    10-26-15 10:07 AM
    I don't run any other anti-viruses and I keep my BlackBerry Link up to date. I'm puzzled others aren't running into this issue!

Posted via CB10
    Oh my God, I need to try it when I get home. I had a problem with Link over at least the past year. I was finally just putting the micro SD into the sd adapter and into the pc, no link no BlackBerry.

I shall try what you proposed and see.

Posted from my Canadian PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-26-15 11:15 AM