I usually don't participate in these forums but this is just ridiculous. This is a photo of my Windows phone 7 device from 2010 ( well before bb10 made it to market). Notice the three dot menu button in the bottom right... Also, that's what they called the People Hub. I'm not sure what op is referring to in W10 as the "hub" but BlackBerry didn't invent that word.
    What isn't wrong with the UI in the attached screenshot?

"People" should start with a capital "P" (and fit on the screen)
    Headings - "all" starts with a lower case "a", but "Family" starts with a capital "F"
    Pictures - different sizes
    What's that mess on the R/H side of the screen?

Tighten it up, tidy it up and it might be usable. I quite like the A-Z list down the R/H side of the BB10 contacts app that you can glide your thumb over to jump to a letter.
    08-14-15 03:15 PM
    I know what people are saying, having been a webOS fan and watched as all it's best features were "borrowed" by the major players (Playbook cards, anyone?).

Anyways, suing for stolen gui ideas would be pretty rich coming from a company that stole ("borrowed") it's entire BB10 gui from Nokia.

And I'm not complaining. I'm glad they did it. BB10 is a great OS.
    Yep, BlackBerry didn't even hide the fact that they stole the UI for BB10 from MeeGo. I have used a BlackBerry Colt, with the first version of BlackBerry 10. In case people forgot, BB10 used to have the same UI has the PlayBook. All of that changed as soon as Nokia killed off MeeGo and went to Windows Mobile. That happened before BB10 got delayed. But then during all of the delays that followed, BB10's UI changed completely from a WebOS clone to a MeeGo clone. Mike and Jim were ready to launch the BlackBerry Colt with the tablet UI, but the plan changed as soon as there was another dead platform to steal from. Any of developers who had a Dev Alpha A knows exactly what I'm talking about.

BlackBerry hasn't made an original UI since the OS 4 days. Funny to see their fans complain about other companies stealing ideas though.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    08-14-15 03:48 PM
    ios copied BlackBerry's top-down gesture. goes both ways i guess.
    The very, very first commercial version of Android had the top-down gesture. Android did it before BlackBerry even had a touch screen device.
    08-14-15 03:55 PM
    Android has that feature as well, kind of a hub, is that where Blackberry got their sideway hub idea from. Blackberry is a late comer to all these all touch screen phone business. The hub is for harping.
    Never seen a "kind of a hub" in Android. And by ios copying from BlackBerry wouldn't that make them an even later comer?

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 04:12 PM
    The very, very first commercial version of Android had the top-down gesture. Android did it before BlackBerry even had a touch screen device.
    Too bad it's still android. Like I said, you wanna say that BlackBerry copied everyone else, but the fact is that they did it better. Android is a mess and ios is well.. a pain.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 04:15 PM
    Too bad it's still android. Like I said, you wanna say that BlackBerry copied everyone else, but the fact is that they did it better. Android is a mess and ios is well.. a pain.

Posted via CB10
    That isn't a fact, it is an opinion. Here are some examples of facts:

1. Android had the swipe down gesture before BlackBerry even had a touch-screen device capable of using gestures.
    2. BB10's UI looked exactly like the Tablet OS UI before Nokia switched to Windows Mobile.
    3. Jolla Sailfish OS was running Android apps months before BB10 could do it.
    4. BlackBerry 10 has less users than Windows Mobile, CyanogenMod and even the legacy BBOS.
    5. Android is the world's most popular mobile operating system by a massive margin.
    08-14-15 04:57 PM
    That isn't a fact, it is an opinion. Here are some examples of facts:

1. Android had the swipe down gesture before BlackBerry even had a touch-screen device capable of using gestures.
    2. BB10's UI looked exactly like the Tablet OS UI before Nokia switched to Windows Mobile.
    3. Jolla Sailfish OS was running Android apps months before BB10 could do it.
    4. BlackBerry 10 has less users than Windows Mobile, CyanogenMod and even the legacy BBOS.
    5. Android is the world's most popular mobile operating system by a massive margin.
    Fact: BlackBerry 10 does it better. Don't care about how many users, most popular whatever, who did what first. It's that good. deal with it.
    08-14-15 08:52 PM
    Windows 10 basically spys on everything you do. Hopefully it is nothing like BB10. I actually have rejected the Windows 10 upgrade because of the privacy issues.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 10:35 PM
    Windows 10 basically spys on everything you do. Hopefully it is nothing like BB10. I actually have rejected the Windows 10 upgrade because of the privacy issues.

Posted via CB10
    What privacy issues? The WiFi sense that can be turned off?
    Or any of the other options that can be turned off?
    08-15-15 08:37 AM
    Press to click was very "innovative".... on their first all touch device.
    I still want a Storm 2! Stupid, I know, but it looks like they improved the screen response a lot. It's a good thing that they only have 2G gsm bands (which my carrier doesn't have), or I'd be sending someone some paypal money...
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-15-15 09:14 AM
    I still want a Storm 2! Stupid, I know, but it looks like they improved the screen response a lot. It's a good thing that they only have 2G gsm bands (which my carrier doesn't have), or I'd be sending someone some paypal money...
    I really loved my Storm 2. The screen worked much better, they added WiFi and it came with significantly more RAM than the Storm 1. If only the 9530 was as good as the 9550 was. BlackBerry had a huge opportunity back then and they really screwed it up.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    08-15-15 09:47 AM
    Windows is being supported by Microsoft
    BB10 is NOT being supported or even loved by BlackBerry

No surprise on how they're appealing these days
    10-06-15 03:07 AM
    Coming up with a unique way of doing things isn't enough - companies need to strive for constant improvement and innovation. It's a company's ability to innovate and navigate change that defines it, not a specific design or product.

As much as BlackBerry has had some very innovative ideas in the past, they have lost their ability to negotiate and respond to change. And Microsoft are a company that have invested heavily in recent years in research and development.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 05:11 AM
63 123