With Google being in the News lately with it Maps for iOS, and saying there will be NO Google Applications built for WP8 or Win8RT.

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about Google's Plans for BlackBerry 10 ?
    Will we get Google Maps with Voice Guidance? Street View? Latitude?
    Will we get Google+ or any other Google Mobile Services ??
    Anyone with any information on this please share.

( Google Maps is the only Map application that covers the area i live in, and it does that down to smallest of streets, so it is really important for me, any other maps application is practically useless for me )
    12-13-12 12:05 PM
    I think there has been neither confirmation or denial about this matter though currently it is possible to sideload to a PlayBook the Android app so at the very least there should be no trouble to do so on BB10.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    12-13-12 12:30 PM
    I'm still hoping Google will develop the app for BB10
    12-13-12 12:34 PM
    google flat out refused to make a wp8 maps app? really? Was there a reason given, or do they just not want to spend the resources.
    12-13-12 12:39 PM
    Here is the relevant quote with respect to Windows apps.

Speaking to V3, Clay Bavor, product management director at Google Apps, explained:

"We have no plans to build out Windows apps. We are very careful about where we invest and will go where the users are but they are not on Windows Phone or Windows 8. If that changes, we would invest there, of course.

In 2012 we've laid some of the ground work and really improved the experience of our core apps on mobile devices, such as adding native editing of spreadsheets for both iOS and Android apps."
    It all depends on whether BB10 or WP8 can grab enough marketshare. Of course web based Google services will always be available for everyone.
    12-13-12 12:41 PM
    To be honest, i don't believe so, as yesterday they blocked the ability for BB devices to install & activate Google Maps. it used to just be gone from their download site, but now you can't even install it. if you had it installed already it will work fine, but if you uninstall, you won't be able to get it to work again. Does this mean that Google is seeing BB10 as a real competitor for Android and they want to make it so "Don't get BB10, they don't have Google Maps, so they are inferior"?
    12-13-12 12:42 PM
    A little off track, but I installed the new app this morning on my iPhone and it's really nice. I hope they make it available for all devices.
    12-13-12 12:48 PM
    The sideloaded app i have in my Playbook, neither has voice navigation, nor latitude, nor street view. I don't know if a newer version is available, thats another thing with sideloaded apps, u cant just press update and get a newer version. I'm really looking forward to seeing a native app, but things are looking bleak at best.
    12-13-12 04:02 PM
    To be honest, i don't believe so, as yesterday they blocked the ability for BB devices to install & activate Google Maps. it used to just be gone from their download site, but now you can't even install it. if you had it installed already it will work fine, but if you uninstall, you won't be able to get it to work again. Does this mean that Google is seeing BB10 as a real competitor for Android and they want to make it so "Don't get BB10, they don't have Google Maps, so they are inferior"?
    That sucks, I already have it but damm that's pretty harsh. Did they give any reason why?
    12-13-12 04:11 PM
    I haven't seen any publications as to why, but it's happening to everyone all over. Like i said i'm fairly sure that they're doing this to isolate BB10 and try to make them not sell. "Want Google Maps? get an android" type thing.
    12-13-12 04:17 PM
    Somebody figured out how to get Google Maps on a dev Alpha
    12-13-12 06:04 PM
    google flat out refused to make a wp8 maps app? really? Was there a reason given, or do they just not want to spend the resources.
    The user base for Metro/ModernUI/Windows 8 style apps is too small at the moment. It was also stated that if/when the user base grows, Google will make the apps. That being said, I've little confidence in them being available near launch, but if all goes well they will come eventually.
    12-13-12 07:28 PM
    I think it's 50/50 at this point. If I recall, BlackBerry will be offering it's own solution using TomTom data for maps. There is the chance though that Google could just create it's own app but... it doesn't seem like Google wants to take over the world as they just recently said, "We aren't making a maps app for Windows Phone 8" (not verbatim)

Has me a bit worried. Google Maps is the best, hands down, any platform. The directions are just so spot on when I compare it to other offerings. I know they won't be the native map provider but I really hope they provide an app. They will have to become really popular to get Google's attention..... highschool all over again
    12-13-12 09:43 PM