I just tried this release on my Q10. It works quite nice.

I just have one problem, where saving or loading states using the SNES9xnext core causes Retroarch to crash immediately.

Saving and loading states works fine for me using the nestopia or sega cores.

My Q10 is running OS 10.2.1.2156.

Thanks!
    My experience with RetroArch, at least when it came to 1.0.0.1, was that it created save data for games after NES and Sega. SNES, GB, GBA all utilized save data themselves (usually .smd files) which eliminated the need for save/load states unless you were at a critical point for restarting.
    04-15-14 03:56 PM
    I reported some bugs here:
    https://github.com/jtokarchuk/RetroArch/issues/10

looks like the playbook version has a lot less bugs than the bb10 v.
    Agreed, though there actually is the possibility of controller support on Tablet OS. I was just playing a game on my PlayBook today (Animal Battle) that supports the Steelseries so there's proof it can be done.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 04:00 PM
    Agreed, though there actually is the possibility of controller support on Tablet OS. I was just playing a game on my PlayBook today (Animal Battle) that supports the Steelseries so there's proof it can be done.

Posted via CB10
    From what I read, most of this stuff maps as a Bluetooth keyboard, so it should work.

There's a new thread in the works which will highlight changes and upcoming work for mupen and retroarch
    04-15-14 04:42 PM
    My experience with RetroArch, at least when it came to 1.0.0.1, was that it created save data for games after NES and Sega. SNES, GB, GBA all utilized save data themselves (usually .smd files) which eliminated the need for save/load states unless you were at a critical point for restarting.
    You mean, Nes and Genesis games are more likely to not have save batteries in the original cartridges?

You're right that more SNES games had built in save functionality. Something like an RPG just needs the built in save function.

I was playing Super Castlevania IV today, and I wanted to save state it. It's just easier than passwords. Are .smd files battery saves in retroarch? Most Snes emulators that i've used use .srm files.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 05:37 PM
    Tested the Steelseries FREE pad right away and Retroarch doesn't recognized the type of the pad mark it as unknown but I can map the buttons !! I just have to click on the screen on each button, the screen becomes darker and wait for any command then I have to select any button on the pad and so and so.. only the analog are not recognized they erase the correspondant button!

Major issue is after setting all buttons, load the rom every time I hold any other button apart the arrows it open the retroarch menu.

So every time I hit 1,2,3,4, A,B,L,R buttons it open the retroarch menu but at the second hit we come back into the game...

Will Someone Take Over Development Of RetroArch and Mupen64Plus for BlackBerry 10?-img_20140416_003633.png

Posted from my flawless BlackBerry Z30
    04-15-14 05:46 PM
    You mean, Nes and Genesis games are more likely to not have save batteries in the original cartridges?

You're right that more SNES games had built in save functionality. Something like an RPG just needs the built in save function.

I was playing Super Castlevania IV today, and I wanted to save state it. It's just easier than passwords. Are .smd files battery saves in retroarch? Most Snes emulators that i've used use .srm files.

Posted via CB10
    You're right, was remembering it wrong. Srm is the save data. Smd is the Sega emulator name...my mistake.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 06:37 PM
    Just tried last Retroarch version with my Q5, and it works well. But I would like to be able to change the buttons mapping, and anything I'm changing in the settings (Cascades ones) doesn't work, as if there was nothing mapped anymore. And it also doesn't save these settings.

Are those known issues? Can it be corrected?
    04-15-14 09:14 PM
    04-15-14 09:19 PM
    Follow the link posted by Justin to continue monitoring the development of both Mupen64Plus and RetroArch Cascades.

I used my almighty Z30 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    04-15-14 09:42 PM
    Still getting the Menu flash on controller button input I listed a bit ago. If you need me to take a video or something to show what it's doing let me know.
    Just wanted to add, great work i'm excited to to see the progress!
    Also noticing same issue on Z30 with Moga Pro, i'm following and trying out Retroarch as updates come out.
    presean likes this.
    04-15-14 10:17 PM
    Any updates to RetroArch or Mupen64Plus?

04-16-14 03:27 PM
    What version is the latest?

My version of retroarch is the old one.

@geenaxion Keepin' it Chill Z10 (10.2.1.2228) BB10Store on Aptoide Subscribe "Dance for Life" C0029D483
    04-17-14 03:55 AM
    What version is the latest?

My version of retroarch is the old one.

@geenaxion Keepin' it Chill Z10 (10.2.1.2228) BB10Store on Aptoide Subscribe "Dance for Life" C0029D483
    1.0.2.6 if I'm not wrong

geenaxion likes this.
    04-17-14 06:06 AM
    I know Justin said development was moving here http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=924068

But I haven't seen or heard anything much there lately.

04-17-14 09:05 AM
    Hey, they probably have day jobs so they can eat, and it's been one day. I'm grateful they are using their free time to step up and do something cool for the community.

Posted via CB10
    CyberMan2013 and Mecca EL like this.
    04-17-14 09:10 AM
    What I was trying to do was use the touchscreen as player 1 and the wiimote as player 2.

Posted via CB10
    I tried it and experienced the same thing. It seems once RetroArch starts it automatically maps the first paired wiimote to player 1 and the second to player 2 and there's no way to change it. If you have 2 Wiimotes paired you should be able to use the second as player 2 and the touchscreen as first player though.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 09:27 AM
    Hey, they probably have day jobs so they can eat, and it's been one day. I'm grateful they are using their free time to step up and do something cool for the community.

Posted via CB10
    Don't get me wrong, I totally understand that they DEFINITELY have day jobs (I know this for a fact) and I'm very thankful for their work. I can't help but be excited about it. Gaming is in the blood!

EchoesFX likes this.
    04-17-14 09:38 AM
    Don't get me wrong, I totally understand that they DEFINITELY have day jobs (I know this for a fact) and I'm very thankful for their work. I can't help but be excited about it. Gaming is in the blood!

I understand what you're saying and I also understand and agree with EchosFX. Sometimes we need to curb our enthusiasm and excitement towards something or someone because it might have the opposite effect of what we desire if left unchecked.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CyberMan2013; 04-17-14 at 03:19 PM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-17-14 11:01 AM
    Copy.

04-17-14 11:46 AM
    Copy.

I currently work around 80 hours a week as a network engineer. I also have a wife at home that I am helping paint the house.

I am updating as I can. There is a short pause in the bb10 updates as I promised the playbook people I'd get a build out there. I should be resuming work on the bb10 version tonight.

1. Bluetooth issues
    2. set rom home folder
    3. save state bug

and i'll go from there.
    presean and Mecca EL like this.
    04-17-14 12:16 PM
    I currently work around 80 hours a week as a network engineer. I also have a wife at home that I am helping paint the house.

I am updating as I can. There is a short pause in the bb10 updates as I promised the playbook people I'd get a build out there. I should be resuming work on the bb10 version tonight.

1. Bluetooth issues
    2. set rom home folder
    3. save state bug

and i'll go from there.
    Enjoy your life man. I'm really thankful for whatever can be done whenever you can do it. I'm certainly in no rush and don't let anyone pressure nor rush you. Excessive enthusiasm can become annoying. Most emulation forums have strict rules when it comes to asking the devs for features, when a release is coming out and discussing the grey area of ROMS just to prevent stuff from getting out of hand. You would know what you are looking to accomplish and so far I've seen you ask for input when you needed. That's good and I respect that.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CyberMan2013; 04-17-14 at 10:57 PM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-17-14 03:25 PM
    Agree with CyberMan, Justin. You've reignited a thought-to-be-dead project, which in itself is fantastic. Take your time, work at your own pace.

I know how rough 80+hour weeks are as well, adding to that a family and a house, so no worries. I'm sure Nerdydaddio understands as well.

If you need help feel free to ask us and I'm sure we'll each do what we can on our own.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-17-14 06:58 PM
    Can't read bios file?
    Even though I set it in the setting and the same as the roms.
    I'm using the ps one.

And I can't find where to change the overlay. I'm looking at the input options but it's not there?

04-17-14 11:57 PM

1. Bluetooth issues
    2. set rom home folder
    3. save state bug

and i'll go from there.
    No easter release ?

Happy easter to yall

04-20-14 03:18 AM
    Justin released an update yesterday. I have linked the thread above.

04-20-14 08:14 AM
299 ... 9101112