Anyone know if BB10 will work with Ford Sync to read txt messages? I love this feature with my windows phone. This feature doesn't work with Galaxy or iPhone.
    01-21-13 09:29 PM
    it works with windows phone because ford sync is built on the windows embedded automotive OS

wouldn't hold my breath for bb10
    01-21-13 09:36 PM
    I'm pretty sure that it worked with my 9810 torch when I test drove a ford explorer last year.
    01-21-13 10:25 PM
    Yup, it will read the text messages (not BBM), but you can not reply to them through Sync.
    01-31-13 08:20 PM
    Yup, it will read the text messages (not BBM), but you can not reply to them through Sync.
    This is how it currently is for me with my S3; reads them but you can't respond?! Crazy, because I could respond with the previous software.

Glad to hear this anyhow. My Z10 arrives in the next few days and I'd be very disappointed if it didn't work w/ MFT.
    02-06-13 05:30 PM
    I just paired my Z10 to a 2013 Ford Mustang.
    When trying to activate text messages it gave me "this device is not supported".
    Will try again later, but it does not seem to work with my Z10 and did not work with my 9810 previously.
    02-07-13 09:20 AM
    it works with windows phone because ford sync is built on the windows embedded automotive OS

wouldn't hold my breath for bb10
    It also works with my Toyota RAV4. Does that have windows embedded automotive OS also? Because it is a fantastic feature. On Windows Phone 8 (I know no one uses it; I understand that).
    02-07-13 09:24 AM
    I just paired my Z10 to a 2013 Ford Mustang.
    When trying to activate text messages it gave me "this device is not supported".
    Will try again later, but it does not seem to work with my Z10 and did not work with my 9810 previously.
    Someone on the Syncmyride forum states they successfully sync'd a Z10 with their 2011 Flex with Gen1 3.2.2
    Might want to make sure the software is the latest.
    Maybe not all feature will work right away and will be supported in more updates with Sync.
    02-07-13 10:57 AM
    I have a 2013 Ford Edge. And when sitting in the car last night waiting to pick up my hubby a text came through from Bell. It was able to read it out to me just fine.
    02-07-13 11:41 AM
    Anyone know if BB10 will work with Ford Sync to read txt messages? I love this feature with my windows phone. This feature doesn't work with Galaxy or iPhone.
    My bb10 works but I had to activate the MAP setting on my car's sync settings. It's under the system settings menu on your vehicle. Simply make sure that MAP is set to ON or active

MAP, as I understand it, is a protocol for controlling bluetooth devices.

My vehicle has been re flashed with the latest release that it can support. This is a version update with respect to the original 2011 factory installed version of the software.

I hope this works for your vehicle.

Cheers,
    04-01-13 01:48 PM
    On Android you need Vlingo (Dragon now) and it has a great car mode and I love that feature on my Lumia SOMETIMES, cause even with notifications off it still interrupts my music....grrrrrr
    04-01-13 02:09 PM
    I have a 2010 Fusion Hybrid with the older version of Sync (not My Ford Touch). It connects fine and I can receive/make calls and listen to streaming music, etc., but no text messages.

This is not a Z10 issue, that old version of the Sync software was never upgraded by Ford to recognize any new phones for the texting feature. The only phones it works for aren't made anymore.
    04-01-13 02:31 PM
    Yes it does with 2013 Escape Titanium with Ford MyTouch. It worked with my Bold 9900 previously and no problems with the Z10.

Sometimes if it doesn't work or have issues.

1.Delete each other's saved paired devices.

2. Make sure that Ford MySync/MyTouch has text to voice enabled.

3. Re-pair both devices again and set to downloads all contacts to AUTOMATIC.

4. Wait for all your contacts to download.

Once done...and you have a second cellphone handy, send your Z10 a text to test it out. If no second cellphone available then have a friend/relative text you.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 04:52 PM