Hi from Belgium to All,

not sure where to post this but I have a question.

When I switched from my 9900 I could register with my existing BB ID the new phone. One month later the Z10 had a default and BB replaced it, this is where it all started...

Impossible to register the replacement Z10 on the same ID, had to register a new one, result.....had to pay again for all the dowloaded and paid Apps.

Ten I bought a second phone, a Q10, same story, ID existing, impossible to alocate the same ID to my second phone........had to pay again for all the dowloaded and paid Apps..

I firmly intend to buy a Z30 as soon as it comes out, will I have to take a 4th ID and pay again for MY apps?

The rest of the familly is using Apple Toys, and has 9 Apple Toys running one one and the same ID, whoever dowloads an App, it automaticaly ( and for free ) installs on the 8 other devices?

Blankberry ? Is this not a rip off ? what you are doing ?

If anybody knows the solution, please speak out !
    08-11-13 07:01 AM
    You could have migrated the same BlackBerry ID over. That's how it's meant to happen.

When attempting to use your BlackBerry ID on another device, what error did you get?

Essentially you've been ripping yourself off by not following the process outlined for it. As well you could have called BlackBerry for assistance if you were getting errors during the BlackBerry ID migration attempts.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 07:06 AM
    When atempring to register with the existing ID it say that the ID is already registered on another BB device.

I do not want to migrate, I want the same ID and the same purchased app, to work simultaneously on 3 devices !
    08-11-13 08:37 AM
    When atempring to register with the existing ID it say that the ID is already registered on another BB device.

I do not want to migrate, I want the same ID and the same purchased app, to work simultaneously on 3 devices !
    Yeah, doesn't work like that. Your ID is good for one phone at a time.

My advice would be to have a new bbid for your 10 device since your paid apps in BBOS may not be convertible.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 08:58 AM
    You don't need to register with the same BlackBerry id. You just need to use the existing BlackBerry id by logging to the new device. This almost means that you can't use the same BlackBerry id to the previous device at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 09:27 AM
    Interesting. Another advantage for Apple.
    marksthespot60 likes this.
    08-11-13 09:35 AM
    You cannot use two BBIDs at the same time thats the issue.Blackbberry ID and coupon system are on the road map the BBID has landed so that should be in official 10.2. Im waiting for BBID myself have two devices two BBM's.
    08-11-13 09:58 AM
    This is why Apple and Android have more success. One ID, one account, one time payment of the apps, and whole familly can use it !!!
    Will not wait for the Z30, going for Samsung, have ID, paid the apps, will just reload them on the Galaxy Mega.
    My daughte wanted a Z10 White , but will stay with her iPhone. My wife was thinking about a white Q10 but will keep her Iphone 5.
    BIG MISTAKE BlackBerry ! 3 sales missed in one familly, in one week , not good to be gready and rip off the customers. !!!
    Dude_9 likes this.
    08-11-13 10:17 AM
    Good luck with your iPhones

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 10:20 AM
    Um actually you can have the same ID across all devices HOWEVER you can only use BBM on one of those devices.

Btw, when your share a apple ID or Google play account across multiple devices THAT YOU DO NOT OWN OR ARE CURRENTLY USING, you are violating the platforms ToS.

This is why BlackBerry makes it that you need to wipe your device everytime you want to log in with a new BBID

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 10:31 AM
    This is why Apple and Android have more success. One ID, one account, one time payment of the apps, and whole familly can use it !!!
    Yeah, and it's called stealing!
    08-11-13 10:56 AM
    Um actually you can have the same ID across all devices HOWEVER you can only use BBM on one of those devices.

Btw, when your share a apple ID or Google play account across multiple devices THAT YOU DO NOT OWN OR ARE CURRENTLY USING, you are violating the platforms ToS.

This is why BlackBerry makes it that you need to wipe your device everytime you want to log in with a new BBID

Posted via CB10
    This has to be the 20th time we've explained this

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 11:05 AM
    This has to be the 20th time we've explained this

Posted via CB10
    Yea I'm gonna put it on a word sub soon lol

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    08-11-13 11:24 AM
    Why would you expect this to happen? No other software manufacturer let's you purchase once and install on as many machines as you want. While you may have done it, it is not permitted in the license (illegal).

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 11:43 AM
    The only restriction with 3 phones and 1 id is bbm.

That's easy. Just use one (primary) device for bbm.

Posted via CB from my LE
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    08-11-13 12:08 PM
    I have used 1 ID on up to 3 devices (2 phones & 1 PB)

The PB doesn't cause any problems, but on the phones you can only BBM on 1 device at a time.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    08-11-13 02:40 PM
    Yeah, and it's called stealing!
    Who says so ??? Only you. Do you find it notmal, if you are a family of 6, using all together 11 smatphones and tablets that we would have 11 credit cards posted on the net ? I did not ask for it, i keep deleteing games from my iPad that my daughter legaly bought and paid on the Apple Store ( on my account and credit card ) and that Apple themselves keep sending and autmatically installs on our other iDevices, sometimes even agains our will !

In that case why would Apple or the Paystore allow up to 10 devices connected simultaneously to the store under the same account ?

And.....to the experts, the BBM account is connected to the PIN of the phone, not to the BB World store account.

What will BB do when they release BBM to the other OS ?
    08-11-13 02:42 PM
    And.....to the experts, the BBM account is connected to the PIN of the phone, not to the BB World store account.

Actually BBM is associated with the BBID, has been for a while. That is how they will release it on other OSs.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 03:35 PM
    Can a moderator close this topic, I do not get real answers and have heard enough to realize that there is is no coherent answer.

This thread is going to lead nowhere, and definatly not to a credible answer.

Please close the post.
    08-11-13 04:01 PM
    This is a valid question. CB needs to address this topic. I am also considering having 2+ devices with same I'D, but will not do that until I'm sure I don't have to pay again for all apps.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 04:16 PM
    Who says so ??? Only you. Do you find it notmal, if you are a family of 6, using all together 11 smatphones and tablets that we would have 11 credit cards posted on the net ? I did not ask for it, i keep deleteing games from my iPad that my daughter legaly bought and paid on the Apple Store ( on my account and credit card ) and that Apple themselves keep sending and autmatically installs on our other iDevices, sometimes even agains our will !

In that case why would Apple or the Paystore allow up to 10 devices connected simultaneously to the store under the same account ?

BBM is connected to a BlackBerry ID, hence why I can log into a new device and have all my info back.

Your daughter using that iPad with your account is against ToS

BlackBerry allows up to 5 devices connected at the same time through the BBID

Apple allows upto 10 because you may own a iphone a ipod a iPad and a mac computer but YOU MUST OWN AND BE IN CURRENT USE

Posted via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    08-11-13 04:24 PM
    This is a valid question. CB needs to address this topic. I am also considering having 2+ devices with same I'D, but will not do that until I'm sure I don't have to pay again for all apps.

Posted via CB10
    You just can't use BBM on both devices at once, how hard is that to comprehend? Seriously?!?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 04:25 PM
    I can only confirm what others have said. You are perfectly free to use your bbid on as many devices as you want. Your purchased apps can be installed on multiple devices simultaneously.

BBM can only be active on one device. Your BBM account is tied to your bbid now. When you start BBM on a new device it will ask you if you want to migrate your BBM account to your new device. If you don't want to migrate then don't use BBM on the new device. There is nothing stopping you using your purchased apps.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    08-11-13 05:22 PM
    You just can't use BBM on both devices at once, how hard is that to comprehend? Seriously?!?

Posted via CB10
    That should also be addressed! Apple allows Facetime between different devices using the same ID.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 05:29 PM
    Who says so ??? Only you. Do you find it notmal, if you are a family of 6, using all together 11 smatphones and tablets that we would have 11 credit cards posted on the net ?
    When you buy my apps and games for 99 cents, it is sold for use by a single user. If you gave it for free to your 6 family members, I would not be impressed. Why should you be allowed to share it with 6 people for free ??

I didn't think this needed to be said. But BlackBerry is not apple or Google.

Not anymore - that changed ages ago.

Posted via CB from my LE
    08-11-13 05:34 PM
31 12