I have to say, this is my biggest disappointment with the Q10.
    I love almost everything about the device, but I used the profiles extensively.
    Without custom profiles, Blackberry took a step backwards towards other phones.

EDIT: Obviously I meant "if" in the thread title.
    dawnjc79 likes this.
    08-08-13 10:48 AM
    I would hope so. This is a feature that's needed.

OR allow an app to control it. I used an app on my Android called "WhoIsIt" that handled it.

Cranky
    08-08-13 11:28 AM
    Fixed your thread title for you and moved thread to BB10 OS Forum since not a Q10 specific issue.

PS Please update your profile... unless BB Curve 8310 is still your current phone, that is.
    08-08-13 11:29 AM
    I would hope so. This is a feature that's needed.

OR allow an app to control it. I used an app on my Android called "WhoIsIt" that handled it.

Cranky
    Multiple apps like this already available on BB10 too, like BeBuzz Pro, Hub++, Color ID, and others.

The one caveat for now is that the app must be left open (i.e. Active Frame) for it to function.
    Coming in a couple months is support for so-called headless apps, meaning apps that can be given permission to run in the background and enhance the UX.
    08-08-13 11:32 AM
    I use BeBuzz10 also, and while it does it's job alright, I'd love to see the return of custom profiles also. That's one of the things I really loved on my 9930 - the ability to create custom profiles for work, office, and home, each with a variety of vibes & sounds based on the ambient noise level and how obnoxious I wanted the phone to be to make sure I noticed it.

ETA: this would also eliminate the need to have another app running all the time too, especially if BB incorporated LED control as they did on OS 7.1....
    08-08-13 12:11 PM
    It could be they are working on something even better.
    Will future releases have custom profiles like legacy BBOS?-roadmap.jpg

APIs that provide new types of notifications along with the ability to control notification settings and create custom notification cards.
    PJD642 likes this.
    08-08-13 12:14 PM