I was wondering if blackberry will make it's own whatsapp for blackberry 10 users?
    08-22-17 11:14 AM
    08-22-17 11:20 AM
    Time to move on. Get KEYone
    08-22-17 11:24 AM
    They did. It's called BBM.
    Ecm, johnny_bravo72, bitek and 3 others like this.
    08-22-17 11:29 AM
    That is too funny lol
    08-22-17 03:19 PM
    I was wondering if blackberry will make it's own whatsapp for blackberry 10 users?
    Blackberry won't ever make anything ever again for anyone. BB10 or not. They don't care about you or me or anyone else around here.
    08-22-17 04:16 PM
    If they did, I'm sure it would become the gold standard of messaging apps.
    08-22-17 04:23 PM
    If they did, I'm sure it would become the gold standard of messaging apps.
    So, in other words, discontinued 40 years ago?
    08-23-17 04:07 PM
    Even if they wanted to, it wouldn't be possible. WhatsApp is using a closed API, meaning they aren't releasing the information to other companies that would be required to build a third-party app. Lots of companies that used to have public APIs have been moving to closed APIs over the last few years due to security breaches, but WhatsApp never had a public API as far as I know - they always wrote the apps themselves, and they will no longer support BB10 after the end of this year (and a bunch of other OSs and versions as well).
    08-23-17 11:28 PM
    Certainly not! They won't even say anything about 10.3.4, yet alone to even bother with app support or making 3rd party alternatives in-house.
    08-24-17 09:18 AM
    Blackberry won't ever make anything ever again for anyone. BB10 or not. They don't care about you or me or anyone else around here.
    So, what benefit has BB received from YOU lately? Have you purchased a phone or other service from them, helping them to the profitability that would enable them to fund such a venture? (Ignoring for a moment that the APIs required to do this are not available to them).
    08-24-17 11:04 AM
    Lol

Post via my BlackBerry Passport
    08-24-17 11:42 AM
    So, what benefit has BB received from YOU lately? Have you purchased a phone or other service from them, helping them to the profitability that would enable them to fund such a venture? (Ignoring for a moment that the APIs required to do this are not available to them).
    Well, I am the proud owner of a Priv. And I use locomotives every day that have software run by QNX. And I consider them fortunate to have my acerbic wit and opinions and limited expertise on this forum. Plus my general abrasiveness!
    08-24-17 01:42 PM
    Oh, just what venture are you referring to?
    08-24-17 01:43 PM
    Well, I am the proud owner of a Priv. And I use locomotives every day that have software run by QNX. And I consider them fortunate to have my acerbic wit and opinions and limited expertise on this forum. Plus my general abrasiveness!
    The venture I referred to is the venture to write a native Whatsapp app.

I concede the point to you about the locomotive. That may be the best semi-snarky answer I have seen yet on the forum.

The closest I could come to a comeback on that is that my kid drives a Ford that likely has some QNX in the entertainment centre.

Good for you on the PRIV - I like mine quite a bit, after coming over from a Classic.
    08-24-17 01:58 PM
    The venture I referred to is the venture to write a native Whatsapp app.

I concede the point to you about the locomotive. That may be the best semi-snarky answer I have seen yet on the forum.

The closest I could come to a comeback on that is that my kid drives a Ford that likely has some QNX in the entertainment centre.

Good for you on the PRIV - I like mine quite a bit, after coming over from a Classic.
    Well, I never mentioned anything about writing a .......... Ah! Forget it! Nevermind!
    08-24-17 02:38 PM