Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Will Blackberry forget about their NEW customers with BB10?

That's right, I'm talking about the Cheap-asses!! I, like thousands of other people, own a Blackberry Playbook for one reason and one reason only. IT WAS CHEAP. And now we love our Playbooks!! But we are still cheap and we don't like getting ripped off. We all know now that the 16gb Playbook is worth/can be sold for $199. Make it smaller and put a phone in it and I will be generous and offer a 50% premium which would make it $300 max. So, back to my question:

Will Blackberry forget about their NEW customers with BB10?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,350 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edthebum View Post
    That's right, I'm talking about the Cheap-asses!! I, like thousands of other people, own a Blackberry Playbook for one reason and one reason only. IT WAS CHEAP. And now we love our Playbooks!! But we are still cheap and we don't like getting ripped off. We all know now that the 16gb Playbook is worth/can be sold for $199. Make it smaller and put a phone in it and I will be generous and offer a 50% premium which would make it $300 max. So, back to my question:

Will Blackberry forget about their NEW customers with BB10?
    I'm sorry but I do not understand what you are exactly asking? Will they forget about their NEW customers? as in people who just purchased a Blackberry PlayBook? or a BBOS 7 phone? If you are referring to the PlayBook, RIM has made it known that when BB10 is released, that the PlayBook will be updated to the new BB10...so you and your 16gb PlayBook will be able to upgrade when the update is available! Hope this helps
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,350 Global Posts

Or are you referring to price-point of their BB10 phones? If so that is something no one can answer since there is no hardware even created for BB10 that we know of...personally I would believe that RIM would be smart in simplifying their pricing like the iPhone does. Since they are offering a full touchscreen device only at launch, they should offer 2/3 gb spaces...so 16gb for 99$ on contract, 149-199$ for 32gb, and 199-249$ for 64gb...

They would be smart to make it on the lower end of the scale since they absolutely NEED to create a buzz around the product and get their foot in the door with their Next Gen OS. So if you are buying them outright they will run you well above 300$ that's for sure!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,655 Global Posts

RIM is selling the PB at a loss because it was not as popular as anticipated.
    using the Dev Alpha as a benchmark, RIM will be using newer hardware and will be trying to compete with the Android "Superphones." I think it will cost $600-$700 without a contract (and possibly $200-$300 with a new contract)
    Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > iOS > Android > Symbian > WebOS > Meego