Will we have Skype on BB 10?

What about Adobe Flash Player?
    12-16-12 09:07 AM

Flash Player: Yes. It's already on the PlayBook and Dev Alpha.
    12-16-12 09:16 AM
    I tried Skype(beta) for playbook, 2012 version, and it is discharging my battery rapidly. I can get 2 days with IM+ and wireless on, about 20+ hours of work. With new Skype I have less than 10 hours. What a **** is that software doing??? It is only chat software and I didn't even have any chats one day. That is one bad peace of software.
    12-17-12 05:26 AM
    Its already available ,,, Adobe flash player is installed, I think my bro has done so
    12-19-12 07:42 AM
    You can always ask the folks at Skype. . .[email protected]
    and while your at that . . .you can also visit this thread if your interested in contacting other devs for the apps you want . . .http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...m-know-756442/
    and some petitions if you don't mind . . .

Netflix: Offer Support for RIM Blackberry Devices
    http://www.change.org/petitions/netf...medium=twitter
    Hulu: Allow a Hulu Plus app for BlackBerry Playbook and BB10
    http://www.change.org/petitions/hulu...medium=twitter
    and . . .
    Pandora�: Bring App Support to the Blackberry 10 Platform:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/pand...medium=twitter
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    12-19-12 10:15 AM
    Where can you download the Skype beta version?
    01-08-13 10:42 PM
    Where can you download the Skype beta version?
    Guessing either a) trolling or b) has insider information on Skype beta software, likely unavailable to the general public.

Either way, on the 30th, all information will be revealed.
    01-08-13 11:54 PM
    There is a beta skype out there for those ummm special people that have the access
    01-09-13 06:45 AM
    Guessing either a) trolling or b) has insider information on Skype beta software, likely unavailable to the general public.

Either way, on the 30th, all information will be revealed.
    The Skype beta android versions works fine. You only cant video-call people
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    01-09-13 08:43 AM
    The Skype beta android versions works fine. You only cant video-call people
    Yup, but there is a native Skype app for BB10 that does video calling...
    01-09-13 09:33 AM
    Do u still have knowledge on whether skype might still be integrated into BBM Video?
    spike12 likes this.
    01-09-13 09:45 AM
    If u can't speak on it, I understand...
    01-09-13 09:45 AM
    Do u still have knowledge on whether skype might still be integrated into BBM Video?
    It's not my a$$ on the line.. it's my friends.. all I will say is that there have been some challenges/changes made. But all should be cleared up on Jan 30th.
    shupor, spike12 and jerryeight like this.
    01-09-13 09:52 AM
    Cool. Thanks for the response
    01-09-13 11:52 AM
    It's not my a$$ on the line.. it's my friends.. all I will say is that there have been some challenges/changes made. But all should be cleared up on Jan 30th.
    You might want to spread That news around to people who keep asking about Skype on BlackBerry 10....new members come on here asking, tech blog sites have commenters asking if the major apps like Skype will be on BlackBerry 10...you know to help spread Joy and confidence so that those People can Wait allowing more Sales for RIM.
    01-09-13 11:55 AM
    You might want to spread That news around to people who keep asking about Skype on BlackBerry 10....new members come on here asking, tech blog sites have commenters asking if the major apps like Skype will be on BlackBerry 10...you know to help spread Joy and confidence so that those People can Wait allowing more Sales for RIM.
    I've been saying it for months. I have a friend that works at RIM as a network engineer, and he's shown me skype on the PB and on BB10 phones. He's working with Skype/MS to make it all happen.
    CairnsRock likes this.
    01-09-13 12:11 PM
    Just to prevent people being misled, some of the posters claiming to have inside info in this thread have been proven wrong in the past, or at the very least given reason to doubt them.
    People ought not to buy products thinking key apps are on the way if they cant live without it.
    If the app is a dealbreaker for you, wait till its officially released before you count on it being on the platform, thats the only way to be sure.
    joe.miller and Protocol 2001 like this.
    01-09-13 12:34 PM
    It seems like it's the UK'ers that are completely nitpicking at me these days... @Bobauckland Skype will be on BB10 in one form or another.
    kajenius likes this.
    01-09-13 12:53 PM
    And I have yet to be proven wrong, I go by the info passed on to me directly from a RIM employee.
    01-09-13 12:54 PM
    I've been saying it for months. I have a friend that works at RIM as a network engineer, and he's shown me skype on the PB and on BB10 phones. He's working with Skype/MS to make it all happen.
    If you were really trying to protect your friend, you wouldn't be saying that your friend works at RIM as a network engineer.
    01-09-13 12:56 PM
    @QuIcKsIlV3r I hope you're right. Even so, unless they have a definite stable release in sight, without a working app in place I doubt we'll see Skype officially announced at the launch event.
    01-09-13 01:14 PM
    It seems like it's the UK'ers that are completely nitpicking at me these days... @Bobauckland Skype will be on BB10 in one form or another.
    Sorry mate, Ive been reading your posts for a long time, back when you said Skype on the PlayBook was on the way cos your friend was involved with getting it up and running.
    Seems like your inside info tallies nicely with whatever rumours are circulating at the time, if youve actually handled a BB10 device with a Skype beta on it, and youre comfortable saying your friend works as a network engineer at RIM, surely an anonymous screenshot of the beta is in order.
    Otherwise your comments are optimistic at best and misleading at worst.
    Rather than people believing them blindly, its fair to say if Skypes important, people should wait for an official unveil before believing its coming.
    01-09-13 02:04 PM
    ive seen it with my own eyes aswell
    01-09-13 02:08 PM
    ive seen it with my own eyes aswell
    Fantastic!
    Screenshot please?
    Surely with all these copies around someone could take a blurrycam shot?

Hopefully this wont end with an app like imo or im+ rather than a proper Skype app
    01-09-13 02:16 PM
    Fantastic!
    Screenshot please?
    Surely with all these copies around someone could take a blurrycam shot?

Hopefully this wont end with an app like imo or im+ rather than a proper Skype app
    If I see my friend before January 30th I'll see what i can do but... I'm off to Panama this friday for a week (check my twitter if you want me to make sure I'm not lying about that...), and then my birthday, and my friend might be around the following weekend just before the 30th but I don't know.

And all I will say is that it IS a proper FULLY FUNCTIONAL native Skype app (however it is integrated )
    01-09-13 02:26 PM
29 12