Moved from 9930 to Z10 last Friday and trying to work out keeping my desktop PIM and phone synced.
    Trying an online host that works with my Desktop (NOT Outlook) and supports Activesync.
    I can set up an Exchange Activesync account- set it to sync Calendar and Contacts but nothing syncs, nada, zipp.
    Trying to get help from the host for BB is not going well. I contacted BB support since I get 14 days.
    They told me that Active Sync will not work for calendar or contacts without having BES?
    I've rummaged the web and get the impression it does.
    Does it or not? Is anyone using Active Sync without BES for that? Any tips?
    I've tried this just on Wifi and wondering if there may be a setting in the wireless router?
    Phone OS is listed as 10.1.0.2151, release 10.1.0.2039

I had used this for a while with the Playbook successfully but let it go for a while. I added the account to the Playbook to test it and it does not work now. Playbook is on last regular OS version (no side load)
    12-08-13 07:34 AM
    You don't need BES to use Active sync.. you can do Exchange direct.. What are you trying to do exactly?
    12-08-13 07:49 AM
    I use Time and Chaos Intellect. I want to have contacts and calendar synced with phone.
    I got a trial account with Chaoshost- which works with Intellect really well, and supports active sync. As noted it worked in the past with the Playbook but doesn't now?
    I was surprised when BB tech told me that the device did not support calendar/contacts and active sync without BES

In the past on my 9930 and Tour I used Companion Link without issue. So bought the new version of that but same thing- I get nothing from it with DejaHub. DejaOffice with CL just made a mess when done step by step with tech support on the phone. (Companion Link tech folks are looking into it)
    12-08-13 08:13 AM
    I use office 365. I have everything sync perfectly and I don't have BES.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 08:26 AM
    I'm syncing my EAS company account with Z10 without BES or BB data plan, just as I am syncing it with my Android, IOS and webOS devices.
    12-08-13 08:27 AM
    I use Time and Chaos Intellect. I want to have contacts and calendar synced with phone.
    I got a trial account with Chaoshost- which works with Intellect really well, and supports active sync. As noted it worked in the past with the Playbook but doesn't now?
    I was surprised when BB tech told me that the device did not support calendar/contacts and active sync without BES

In the past on my 9930 and Tour I used Companion Link without issue. So bought the new version of that but same thing- I get nothing from it with DejaHub. DejaOffice with CL just made a mess when done step by step with tech support on the phone. (Companion Link tech folks are looking into it)
    What kind of Data plan are you using?? just make sure Legacy plans won't work on your Z10.. I would check the data plan
    12-08-13 08:38 AM
    Thanks to all, that is what I thought.
    Any ideas at all?
    Guess I'll fit in some time to pester BB support again but I don't expect much- nor from any of the others (hear a big sigh if you say BB on the phone)

"What kind of Data plan are you using?? just make sure Legacy plans won't work on your Z10.. I would check the data plan"
    . The phone is newly activated on a new Verizon Share Everything plan but I'm trying to sync over wifi.
    UPDATE- just tried this over the network-still nothing. Tried manual sync, tried 5 minutes, change the date range. Checked time zones.
    Last edited by mmcan; 12-08-13 at 09:56 AM.
    12-08-13 08:38 AM
    Just found an answer for my problem- may help others- I remembered I was using the playbook on the same service a while back and had posted what I found for that. In my case it turns out that the answer was : when setting up the Active sync account on the phone to leave the "domain name" blank. It allowed me to make an account with or without it but leaving it blank and everything came in to the phone just fine.
    12-09-13 04:24 PM