First off... is there a way to connect to the two different Bluetooth devices (BB Mini Stereo Speaker and BB Music Gateway) at the same time?

***If not... is it possible to have a configuration implemented in a future software update (possibly 10.3) to allow this? ***

Power owner of a Bold 9900, Z10 and Z30 in the music industry... any feedback helps

Thanks!!!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tepope; 05-07-14 at 12:53 PM.
    05-07-14 12:34 PM
    Are you intending on outputting your sound from your phone to the gateway AND to the speaker at the same time? Mind if i ask why? Just wondering what the reason is, as maybe there is another way to accomplish whatever your trying to do..?
    05-07-14 01:41 PM
    I believe this is based on what Bluetooth version you (or OS 10.2.1) has...

someone correct me if I'm wrong but 3.xx and below could not do this but Bluetooth 4.x and above can have multiple connections..

as to which one 10.2.1 has, I'm not sure.. for what you're trying to do: I did just go test my phone to see if it could connect to a BB Music Gateway & a Bluetooth Mini Boombox and it would NOT let me.. when I tried to connect to the other, it switched connections and deactivated the previous one...

only reason I'm not sure if this is 100% conclusive on BT version is because it's two BT connections of the same type (both music/audio), so it might be diff if you do like a fitness tracker and music..

but I'm leaning towards not possible, at least on current versions of OS & BT...
    05-07-14 01:51 PM
    First off... is there a way to connect to the two different Bluetooth devices (BB Mini Stereo Speaker and BB Music Gateway) at the same time?

***If not... is it possible to have a configuration implemented in a future software update (possibly 10.3) to allow this? ***

Power owner of a Bold 9900, Z10 and Z30 in the music industry... any feedback helps

Thanks!!!

Posted via CB10
    Is there a second off???
    05-07-14 01:59 PM
    Also, you could connect via Bluetooth to the Music Gateway and then connect the Music Gateway to the Mini Stereo speaker via 3.5mm to 3.5mm aux cord. This method will allow you to connect to both devices at the same time, kinda redundant but without further explanation of what you're trying to accomplish, this is all you're getting lol
    NinjaB likes this.
    05-07-14 02:05 PM
    Purpose/Explanation :

I'm interested out-putting media files from my BlackBerry device to two separate locations (i.e. Music studio and studio lounge) for music playback.

I have these two devices, the BlackBerry mini stereo and the music gateway, in which I would like to simultaneously connect to the two. I this possible?

I hope this is a better description of what I want to do...

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 03:25 AM
    Purpose/Explanation :

I'm interested out-putting media files from my BlackBerry device to two separate locations (i.e. Music studio and studio lounge) for music playback.

I have these two devices, the BlackBerry mini stereo and the music gateway, in which I would like to simultaneously connect to the two. I this possible?

I hope this is a better description of what I want to do...

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    No.

You're welcome.

(at the moment this is not possible. possibly in future updates, this may be doable, unfortunately, not now)
    05-08-14 11:43 AM
    You could do this with the Playbook. I had two connected at the same time and worked.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 11:47 AM
    How do you have the studio currently wired? Do you have speakers in both rooms? Are they controlled by one central receiver?

I did a patchwork job on my friends office because of budget constraints. He wanted to supply sound to his conference room (2 speakers), reception area (2 speakers) and coffee bar (2 speakers) with the ability to isolate the conference room. The receiver he chose only had outputs for 4 speakers, but it did have an A-B switch. So I wired the reception and coffee bar to the A output (4 speakers wired to 2 outputs I know, but I had to) and the conference room was wired to the B output. This allowed him to select what combination of rooms was getting music without having to have a separate receiver in the conference room. I know this is far from ideal, but it worked for him and he was happy. I tried to get him to upgrade to a better receiver but unfortunately budget ruled this decision.
    05-08-14 11:53 AM
    You could do this with the Playbook. I had two connected at the same time and worked.

Posted via CB10
    I will try this tonight when I get home and have access to my Mini Stereo Speaker. I know on my phone, its always forced me to choose one device.
    05-08-14 11:55 AM
    Thanks everyone for your feedback...

Studio professionally wired, and to re-wire of this is a bit much... just wanted to know if anyone had success in connecting to the two devices from a handheld.

Signing out

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 02:04 AM