I have a Passport running 10.2.3
    When I connect to the office WiFi, I am prompted to open the browser to log in.
    When the browser opens, it shows a page on our internal network that requests my username and password.
    The login works fine, but I am getting really tired of re-entering those several times a day (like when I come back after lunch).
    Is there any way to save or pre-fill this information?
    I tried setting up an abbreviation for the login name, but even that little help does not work for the password.
    Any suggestions for a lazy typist?
    08-24-16 02:48 PM
    It should save it, as it does your home wifi setup. Unless there is a restriction at your work where IT has it setup to manually login everytime the is re-connected"??
    I see that "need" with the Xfinity "hotspots", you have to log in everytime, but not my home, sister's, neighbors, and others personal wifi networks. All "automatically login and good to go.

Check with your IT folks.
    08-24-16 03:00 PM
    Carl is right. If it is a work hotspot it should be secure with WPA or RADIUS. It sounds like what you have is an open Wi-Fi with a login server layered on top line a coffee shop open Wi-Fi. What does the Wi-Fi connection page say about the network?

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    08-25-16 02:20 AM
    The hotspot at work is secured with WPA, but there is also a login server layered on top of that, presumably to force users to read the Terms of Service.
    The result is that when I enter the office, I get a Hub Notification "Wi-Fi Hotspot Login".
    When I click "Open", I am taken to a Hotspot Login screen, that shows a web page created by our IT department.
    My "problem" is that I am getting tired of filling in the user name and password on this screen.

Incidentally, my 9900 never had this problem. It would stay logged into the office network until I logged into a different one.
    Last edited by otaku2; 08-25-16 at 12:36 PM.
    08-25-16 08:08 AM
    Then there should be a "save login" button someplace....
    08-25-16 01:01 PM
    So it sounds like it connects with WPA automatically. The problem could be that the web login behaviour is just like a coffee shop, McDonald's shopping mall etc. These networks can be dangerous places to hang out. BB10 has from the start not connected automatically. One of the reasons I'm sticking with BB10.

Is the Wi-Fi network intended for employee use, or customers? If they intend for employees to use it for work they really should be segregating it from customers and requiring a more legally binding agreement from employees and a more secure authentication than username and password.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    08-25-16 03:47 PM
    I believe that the network is intended for customer use.

In any case, I spent some time clicking stuff off and on in the WiFi settings and the Browser settings, and now I cannot replicate the problem. Which is good, although I wish I knew what I changed.
    08-26-16 11:30 AM
    There is a "Prompt when a saved hotspot is found narby" Under Options->Network and Connections->Wi-Fi->Advanced, might be that.
    08-26-16 01:53 PM