I checked my carrier after switching to Q10 and although my usage was a bit more it seems like my Q10 using a ton more data than my galaxy S3

If Wifi is on and data still enabled is it using data still sometimes? Any difference with android?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 06:47 PM
    No it uses wifi first. Maybe your using your BB more and don't realize.
    04-12-14 08:09 PM
    • Check your mail accounts. By default they all are polled again and again. This causes a lot of traffic. Set the polling interval to "Manually" or "24h" and switch off the idiotic "Push" option. This should reduce the data traffic to some few kB per hour.
    • Check your social networks accounts, Facebook, Twitter.
    • Avoid the Twitter app. The Twitter app does a complete timeline refresh everytime you post something. This causes an idiotic peak of 100...130kB each time you send 20 bytes of text.
    • Turn off automatic updates (in the settings).
    • Turn off sending diagnostic data permanently to RIM (also in the settings).

I tuned my BB a lot for this. And now I'm down to about 200kB per day (if I don't do anything ...) But this is still a lot and I would be interested what data this is.

Yes, cellular data is used sometimes even when wifi is on. For instance BB World causes a cellular data peak everytime I start it, even when I said it should use wifi only.
    04-13-14 04:26 AM
    Hi I'll do some of these

Questions

1. Auto updates seem to only be enabled if I am on Wifi or so that's what it says

2. Sync Interval is set to 30 mins isn't that ok if I change to 24 hours won't it only get my emails every hour?

3. Not sure how push option is gonna matter

Thanks for the tips

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 05:51 AM
    2. Sync Interval is set to 30 mins isn't that ok if I change to 24 hours won't it only get my emails every hour?
    24 hours means once a day. I suggest to use manual polling. I do this. Whenever I come to the Hub it actualizes himself automatically. This is also very transparent. - Yes, the former Push from BIS was a great and unique feature. But polling again and again is no replacement at all.
    3. Not sure how push option is gonna matter
    If you have the Push option switched on your BB polls (!) every few minutes. This is idiotic. It should look like the former Push from BIS, that's why this option is named "Push", but indeed it's nothing else than very fast polling. This causes the maximum waste of data volume.
    04-13-14 10:54 AM
    Thanks for this information.

24 hours means once a day. I suggest to use manual polling. I do this. Whenever I come to the Hub it actualizes himself automatically. This is also very transparent. - Yes, the former Push from BIS was a great and unique feature. But polling again and again is no replacement at all.
    If you have the Push option switched on your BB polls (!) every few minutes. This is idiotic. It should look like the former Push from BIS, that's why this option is named "Push", but indeed it's nothing else than very fast polling. This causes the maximum waste of data volume.
    04-14-14 05:23 AM