Hi,
    Today I discovered that I had my wi-fi off by mistake probably for a couple of days so I almost ran over my data allocation with still 25 days to go in my billing cycle .... I was lucky to see it in time.
    How can I restrict data to only be handled by wi-fi and not through the cell provider network?
    I thought that by simply turning off 'data services' in 'mobile network' under Networks and Connections would do the trick. I'm mostly either home or at work both with wi-fi and while in the street I don't care about receiving emails and I can always use my data only when absolutely necessary.
    But by turning off data services, I can't access internet at home via wi-fi either ...
    So what do I need to do to ensure that I get data ONLY via wi-fi so that I don't have another scare if it's turned off by mistake ?
    Thanks
    11-22-13 10:28 AM
    if you have data services off that is all you need. The phone cant operate data on the network then
    11-22-13 11:09 AM
    Set certain apps ( pictured settings) like Box Dropbox BlackBerry World to only sync or download when connected to WiFi.

Posted via CB10
    There are also news apps that you should set to only sync or update when you open that app. Taptu gNewsReader etc.

Attachment 223330

Attachment 223331

Attachment 223332
    anon(3900582) likes this.
    11-22-13 11:10 AM
    if you have data services off that is all you need. The phone cant operate data on the network then
    That was my understanding but this morning when I turned off data services, I had no data connection even with wi-fi on. That's why I started this thread. It seems to work normally now, so I'm not sure what happened ... proly my mistake, too early? still asleep? I apologize. I tried to delete the post but I don't know if that's possible, is it?
    Thanks
    11-22-13 11:16 AM