When I download it from Snap, Amazon Fire TV Remote app cannot find the Fire Tv Stick.
    I was wondering if you guys tried it with Amazon App store and if it works? Wife's phone doesn't have amazon app or amazon account just want to see if it works before I go through the whole setup.
    01-28-15 10:06 PM
    It's flaky but it does work sometimes. You have to have the same account on your device as what is associated to the Fire Stick otherwise it'll come up and say you're not authorized to use it.
    01-28-15 10:22 PM
    I don't know if it is related, but to use the Roku Android app, my phone had to be on the same network and same frequency. If the Roku was on the 5ghz channel and the phone on the 2.4ghz of the same router, it didn't seem to find the Roku.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 07:16 AM
    I don't know if it is related, but to use the Roku Android app, my phone had to be on the same network and same frequency. If the Roku was on the 5ghz channel and the phone on the 2.4ghz of the same router, it didn't seem to find the Roku.

Posted via CB10
    Fire TV Remote works with all networks as long as they are in same subnet and same DHCP. It works with Android phones with different SSID's. But in my case all 6 SSID's I have at home connect to same network, just to be sure I even connected to same one. There is definitely something wrong with the way android runs on BB, because my android phone connects immediately.

It's flaky but it does work sometimes. You have to have the same account on your device as what is associated to the Fire Stick otherwise it'll come up and say you're not authorized to use it.
    Thanks, it never worked for my Z30 or wife's Z10 at all.
    I just pulled an old LG android phone from the sock drawer and installed the Fire TV Remote. It has no accounts associated with it, it works just fine. Maybe you are referring to the .apk downloaded from Amazon store, then yes you might need to have the same account, but not if you download from Play store. It's really odd.

While we try to find a solution, I also can't seem to cast any videos or pictures to Fire TV, do you guys know if I need to be in a certain screen before I can cast stuff to Fire TV with miracast? It works just fine with XBMC on my PC.
    01-29-15 02:44 PM