Can anyone tell me why there is a 10 second delay when I send text messages where I can't view or send any other text messages during that time? It becomes frustrating when you have to send multiple text messages. Is there a fix for this?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 08:54 AM
    What OS build are you using?
    09-27-13 09:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 10:28 AM
    I don't have a sms delay at all, did you ask your carrier?
    09-27-13 10:41 AM
    10 seconds? Really?

I have a hard enough time responding to a text within 2 to 3 minutes. And that's just me seeing it, thinking about a response, and then tapping it out if I don't get distracted by something else first.

Maybe it's your carrier. After all, it has to run through their network, and jump to another one if the number at the other end is on a different carrier.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 11:59 AM
    No delay for me, on any os or leak, currently on 10.2

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    09-27-13 12:17 PM
    I think it is my carrier. At AT

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 12:37 PM
    I think it is my carrier. At AT&T trying to resolve the issue. Has anyone had issue with how long it takes your phone to load after turning it on?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 12:42 PM
    Actually sounds like you're having a software issue, but I can't tell from your description. Are you saying it "clocks" but doesn't "check" for 10 seconds, or you can't go send another one for 10 seconds?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 12:57 PM
    Okay, now I understand what the OP is talking about. I had to re-read it to a few times. Nothing wrong with the post, just my brain had to get enough coffee.

I'm on AT&T too, but can't say I've ever noticed it. I was on that OS too for a while and didn't have that kind of delay in sending SMS. As soon as I hit "send" it was out and ready.

Now I'm on 10.2.0.1725, and still just as quick to send as before.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 01:32 PM
    Delete messages, try again...

Trusted Member Genius
    09-28-13 12:30 AM
    Im on AT&T as well and ive been experiencing that sms issue ever since I tried out 10.2 except for me it's random.

I'll be sending texts out and they send super fast, practically instant and then all of the sudden one of them will get delayed. Sometimes only a few seconds, other times up to a minute if not longer. The icon stays at the "sideways wifi" step and eventually it'll switch to a checkmark.

Ive been hoping that the newer leaks wouldnt have this issue but to be honest, I loaded up 10.2 pretty early on. It's quite possible 10.1 had the same issue which in that case makes it a carrier issue.

Currently, I am testing out something. I was searching for similar cases also on AT&T with other phones and OS's and there were some reports that LTE could be the cause of it. More specifically, LTE on the HTC one (X maybe not sure) with android had this similar issue. So I went into the escreen on my Q10 and switched LTE off. Results are unknown as i've just done it a few hours ago.

Hope this helps.

Edit: after reading OP's post a couple more times, his issue might be a loading issue which is NOT the same issue I am having. I really shouldnt be staying up this late. Sleep...

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 12:41 AM
    Whenever I pressed send nothing happens for about 10 seconds (no clock,nothing). During which time I am unable to view any other messages nor send any other messages. During my visit to AT&T technical support (yesterday) they tried my sim card in one of there demos and it worked, though it clocked for a few seconds I was able to view and send other messages. I did not exchange my phone due to it not being backed up. I will keep you all updated once I back my phone up and exchange it.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 04:09 AM
    Definitely sounds like a software/BB issue, not a carrier one. Once you hit "send" to the text, no matter how long it takes to send through your carrier's system, your phone should be free for you to do other things. It should just "clock" in the background.

Since your phone is locking up while the text sends, seems there is an issue with your device.

Maybe you have both issues actually: your phone is locking up while an SMS sends (BlackBerry problem) *and* your texts too long to send (ATT problem), which makes you notice the first problem more.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 08:37 AM
    My texts send instantly. In fact, I was just demoing the 10.2 inline reply feature at work to two iPhone users, both on iOS 7, and my texts were almost instantly delivered to them, while their phones showed a blue progress bar at the top of the iOS text app that consistently took about twenty seconds to complete before actually sending their message

Download Noted, a 5-star rated, native BB10 memo pad app.
    09-28-13 09:19 AM
    Hmm. Ok been messing w/ the escreen turning on and off different radios to see if it makes a difference and it does not. Randomly still, SMS msgs will get stuck at the sending step even though I can receive messages and I havent moved so there is good signal strength.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 08:19 AM
    Have you tried adjusting the Routing preference under Hub, Settings, Text Messages, Advanced?

Some people have found that this setting needs to be switched for their carrier.

09-29-13 08:30 AM
    Mine is set to "circuit switched". In fact, I've been texting with my wife this morning while at work and I'm still sending instantly.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 09:37 AM
    Whenever I pressed send nothing happens for about 10 seconds (no clock,nothing). During which time I am unable to view any other messages nor send any other messages. During my visit to AT&T technical support (yesterday) they tried my sim card in one of there demos and it worked, though it clocked for a few seconds I was able to view and send other messages. I did not exchange my phone due to it not being backed up. I will keep you all updated once I back my phone up and exchange it.

Posted via CB10
    How my active texts do you have?

How many saved?

Did you bring texts over from an old device?

Get yourself an sms backup app from BlackBerry world

Back up all texts to this

Delete all the texts in your hub

Restart hub with the five swipe gesture to rebuild the info

OR

Restart phone

Test sms should be quick now

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 10:24 AM
    Have you tried adjusting the Routing preference under Hub, Settings, Text Messages, Advanced?

Some people have found that this setting needs to be switched for their carrier.

Yup. Tried every setting in the routing. No difference.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 10:53 AM
    Rocky, you are exactly right! The number of text that I have on my device caused the slow down. I erased all my texts and the phone is working fine.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 06:46 AM
    @rockivy Wat is the five swipe gesture?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 06:50 AM
    Rocky, you are exactly right! The number of text that I have on my device caused the slow down. I erased all my texts and the phone is working fine.
    Excellent to know a solution to this BlackBerry problem: Delete all text messages to make texts work! Brilliant...

What happened to everyone instantly claiming it was a carrier issue?
    09-30-13 07:41 AM
    Excellent to know a solution to this BlackBerry problem: Delete all text messages to make texts work! Brilliant...

What happened to everyone instantly claiming it was a carrier issue?
    Massive text lists slow down a lot of platforms, not just BlackBerry.

Trusted Member Genius
    09-30-13 01:35 PM
    The five swipe gesture is five swipes from the center of the screen towards the top right corner this will reset your hub.

There's some more tips in the FAQ Section of the forum too, lots of great tricks are revealed there cool keyboard swipes and actions check it out

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=774769

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by rockivy; 09-30-13 at 05:31 PM.
    09-30-13 05:13 PM
32 12