During the unveiling, why was there no mention of ease of use of the new BB10 OS. A lot of potential buyers could stay away because the OS looks complicated. For example, Thorestein should have at least mentioned many of the things I have written down below and there was absolutely no mention of them. If this was your first time hearing anything about BB10, you could be confused about many of the features and how easy it will be to switch to or buy your first smartphone.
    He should have mentioned,
    1. Unifying everything under your BlackBerry ID. This includes purchases from the app store and BBM and having only one account for games, movies/tv shows, and music. This was a first for a BB phone. Also, how you can login into the BB world website from a desktop and download an app and it will automatically download to your phone.
    2. The amount of swipe gestures actually needed (around 3-5 basic gestures). For some people watching, they might think there are way to many gestures to memorize but that isn't true.
    3. BB Link. HUGE FEATURE. Synching your calendars, contacts, music, movies, etc from your BB10 phone to your PC and vice versa.
    4. The many other social aspects of the phone which are tied into the OS (without an app). For example, integration with Evernote, DropBox, Box, etc. People use these types of social apps all the time and BB10 makes them more easily accessible. Also, no mention of the Game App. This shows you what games your friends are playing and allows you to compare scores and much more.

I know many of these features exist on other phones but that's why they should have been mentioned. To get people to leave their current OS (Android / iOS) BB needed to show them that we have the same features and that they are more efficient and better on BB's than on their current phone.

The presentation seemed to be more directed towards Enterprise (which I know is where they are focusing) but I think they could have done a much better job at conveying how great BB10 is for the average consumer.
    01-30-13 02:25 PM