Because BlackBerry is a badly managed company. The god-like CEO is (miss) leading BlackBerry away from hardware market towards enterprise (especially healthcare) software.

It will be a dead-end for BlackBerry, but until they realise it, the core device customer base will be taken over happily by Android and Apple )

This z30 is the last BlackBerry phone I will own. It is a magnificent device and the OS is nice (except the many glitches BlackBerry is ignoring).
    05-01-15 08:47 AM
    No one wants it - Android and iPhone own that market.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 10:01 AM
    Well I thought the Z30 fit the bill, I'm going back and forth between my Passport and my Z30.
    I believe they are the current top two .... of course I could be wrong.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 10:05 AM
    Because BlackBerry is a badly managed company. The god-like CEO is (miss) leading BlackBerry away from hardware market towards enterprise (especially healthcare) software.

It will be a dead-end for BlackBerry, but until they realise it, the core device customer base will be taken over happily by Android and Apple )

This z30 is the last BlackBerry phone I will own. It is a magnificent device and the OS is nice (except the many glitches BlackBerry is ignoring).
    On what planet do you live on?

It is certainly not the same Earth we all live on around here, because the CEO of BlackBerry has been making all the right moves to bring the company back into profitability. You know, that little thing that keeps companies alive and producing products.

You know; BlackBerry's current situation might not be ideal for you, but to blatantly spout out asinine comments that only reflect your incredibly skewed view of the world isn't just irresponsible, it's down right idiotic.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 12:30 PM

It is certainly not the same Earth we all live on around here, because the CEO of BlackBerry has been making all the right moves to bring the company back into profitability. You know, that little thing that keeps companies alive and producing products.

You know; BlackBerry's current situation might not be ideal for you, but to blatantly spout out asinine comments that only reflect your incredibly skewed view of the world isn't just irresponsible, it's down right idiotic.

Posted via CB10
    And here I thought he was getting rid of products to become a software company. He has said that before if devices don't bring a profit.
    05-01-15 02:05 PM
    And here I thought he was getting rid of products to become a software company. He has said that before if devices don't bring a profit.
    Time will tell. Chen did say that he would not focus on the consumer market until 2017. He knows which side his bread is buttered on, so we'll see.
    05-01-15 04:17 PM
    Interesting. I don't believe BlackBerry will ever become a 100% software company as too many goverments rely on there devices for secure communications. Having said that, common consumers are probably screwed!!!
    Last edited by yawdman72; 05-01-15 at 04:26 PM. Reason: missing word
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-01-15 04:22 PM
    Interesting. I don't believe BlackBerry will ever become a 100% software company as too many goverments rely on there devices for secure communications. Having said that, common consumers are probably screwed!!!
    Probably right.
    05-01-15 04:34 PM
    Probably right.
    Many in our german government using BlackBerry. But it's no device you and me use.

Z10 LE 10.2.2.1609
    05-01-15 06:56 PM
    Having said that, common consumers are probably screwed!!!
    They were screwed about a year ago already.
    05-01-15 06:58 PM
    Probably screwed. But I don't care if they keep building a fulltouch flagship, I probably buy it. If not I'll use my Z10 until no spare batteries are avaibable anymore.

Adobe Flash, Adobe Air, click anyware to make photo, removeable battery, hdmi, all there ""

Z10 LE 10.2.2.1609
    05-01-15 07:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    I am the one living on another planet, my friend?

Short term profitability/positive cash flow doesn't mean that the company will be alive and kicking in some years. Learn some strategic management.

Also readd the sales figures my friend: in 2013 BlackBerry sold over 10 mln devices whilst in 2014 the sales declined by 70% to 5.8 mln devices. Wake up and breath, this is a shrinking company and economies of scale will not be achievable anymore.

Wait!!! Chen predicted in some interviews (do a search on the internet) that in 2015 sales will go up again above 10 mln devices. Dream on, with the poorly speced Leap, BlackBerry will never achieve these results.
    05-02-15 07:37 AM
212 ... 789