Ughh I'm so angry right now. I want a high end touch device - something comparable to iPhones - but instead, we get a slider.

I DON'T WANT A PKB!!! I don't like pkb and that's why there's all those pkb devices such as the passport.

Why can't BlackBerry just yank off that keyboard and sell it as an all touch. It'd sell much better.

And finally, to end my rant, why make the screen curved? What does that help with????

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 06:25 AM
    BlackBerry Leap?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 06:27 AM
    BlackBerry Leap?

Posted via CB10
    Leap is not a high end device

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and Thalestr like this.
    03-03-15 06:28 AM
    BlackBerry Leap?

Posted via CB10
    Leap is a good price but it's basically a z10 or z30. I don't want that. The reason I want to upgrade is to have better specs and a better phone overall

Posted via CB10
    eduzojordan and kbz1960 like this.
    03-03-15 06:29 AM
    BlackBerry Leap?

Posted via CB10
    That's not a high end by any means, it's another Z3
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-03-15 06:29 AM
    Ughh I'm so angry right now. I want a high end touch device - something comparable to iPhones - but instead, we get a slider.

I DON'T WANT A PKB!!! I don't like pkb and that's why there's all those pkb devices such as the passport.

Why can't BlackBerry just yank off that keyboard and sell it as an all touch. It'd sell much better.

And finally, to end my rant, why make the screen curved? What does that help with????

Posted via CB10
    Maybe they will anounce a tablet / big phone before the event is done.
    03-03-15 06:38 AM
    Didn't they say there will be a high-end device collaborating with Porsche Design?

So there

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2243
    NYTOC83 and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-03-15 06:39 AM
    Maybe they will anounce a tablet / big phone before the event is done.
    Dhabkirk said those are the 4 devices

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 06:45 AM
    That's not a high end by any means, it's another Z3
    It's a Z10/Z30/Z3 mashup.
    03-03-15 08:04 AM
    I thought I'd never go back to a physical keyboard until I got the Passport. Don't knock it unless you've tried it. I had the z30 before and the z10. Loved them but don't miss them one bit!

Via CB Running  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    Carjackd, Spawn12 and Denvertorch like this.
    03-03-15 08:13 AM
    Don't open the slider. Problem solved . Assuming there is an option for a virtual keyboard too.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 08:19 AM
    Ah consumerism....the thing you have is never quite good enough and there is always something just a little bit better you just have to have.

As for me, my Z30 does everthing I want and need it to do (and probably more as I continue to discover new things). IMHO better hardware specs for a Z30- or Passport-like device would have little "real world" impact for the typical user, except perhaps for those who think their phone camera should be as good as a standalone camera (I kind of get the camera thing, although I prefer to use a camera for taking pictures). Other than that, how would better hardware specs increase the practical day-to-day use of the devices, particularly its communication qualities? It is primarily a communication device, after all, and is quite good in that regard.
    03-03-15 08:54 AM
    Sigh I'm disappointed... and I'm usually quite optimistic. Was really really hoping for a high end pure all touch flagship device.. sigh so sad..

Posted via CB10
    pttptppt likes this.
    03-03-15 08:57 AM
    Ah consumerism....the thing you have is never quite good enough and there is always something just a little bit better you just have to have.

As for me, my Z30 does everthing I want and need it to do (and probably more as I continue to discover new things). IMHO better hardware specs for a Z30- or Passport-like device would have little "real world" impact for the typical user, except perhaps for those who think their phone camera should be as good as a standalone camera (I kind of get the camera thing, although I prefer to use a camera for taking pictures). Other than that, how would better hardware specs increase the practical day-to-day use of the devices, particularly its communication qualities? It is primarily a communication device, after all, and is quite good in that regard.
    Looks like you use your device mainly for calling/texting.. So you don't care about hardware upgrade, but some of us use smartphone not as a dumb phone and uses apps, internet browser, file manager and so on.. and when you open few apps and have them in active frames phone starts to lag a bit, even if you open few tabs in the browser phone starts to lag, so thats why you need better / newer/ faster hardware..

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 09:05 AM
    Looks like you use your device mainly for calling/texting.. So you don't care about hardware upgrade, but some of us use smartphone not as a dumb phone and uses apps, internet browser, file manager and so on.. and when you open few apps and have them in active frames phone starts to lag a bit, even if you open few tabs in the browser phone starts to lag, so thats why you need better / newer/ faster hardware..

Posted via CB10
    Actually, I do all the things you have enumerated (the only thing I don't do a lot of that others may do is gaming) and I don't have any problems with my device.
    03-03-15 09:11 AM
    I'm with the OP on this. Except I'd be okay with a more mid-range-ish phone. Aren't 2GHz quad core phones fairly ubiquitous now? Why does it have to be a 600-700 dollar device.

I'm waiting on an upgraded Z10 with a 4.7" screen that doesn't look like a Z30,

This LeapPad... I mean, Leap ain't it.

I can't believe they actually went with that name. They just make it so easy.

This "Torch-like" device may have the hardware, but how about less complication. I had the Torch 9800, and decided in the last 6 months of having it for 2 and a half years to just use the virtual KB. I don't miss the physical KB at all. And if anyone remembers the slight rocking that the slider mechanism tended to develop...

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 09:20 AM
    Don't open the slider. Problem solved . Assuming there is an option for a virtual keyboard too.

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully there is a virtual keyboard option and a lock so the keyboard doesn't come out easily

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 09:26 AM
    I thought I'd never go back to a physical keyboard until I got the Passport. Don't knock it unless you've tried it. I had the z30 before and the z10. Loved them but don't miss them one bit!

Via CB Running  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    I have to agree!

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    03-03-15 09:28 AM
    Its been told an octa-core 64bit BlackBerry is coming out, what happened?

Sent from my shuttering, on basic task audio skipping Z29
    03-03-15 10:05 AM

I've been told that Blackberry was going to sell 10's of millions of devices, that BB 10 was coming to the playbook...and that Santa Claus is real (to name a few things).
    Last edited by Carjackd; 03-04-15 at 12:41 AM.
    03-03-15 10:22 AM
    03-03-15 10:26 AM
    Coz even today Z30 is high end device without any doubt.
    Just lacks better camera.
    03-03-15 10:27 AM

Usual nonsense rumor that gets treated as news.
    03-03-15 10:31 AM
    Cause you can get all touch anywhere BlackBerry needs to focus on the keyboard it's what makes them stand out and what will keep them alive

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 10:43 AM
    Actually, I do all the things you have enumerated (the only thing I don't do a lot of that others may do is gaming) and I don't have any problems with my device.
    Z30 is STILL a beast and handles multitasking with aplomb. As a purely business phone it is still much more than adequate.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    03-03-15 10:57 AM
212 123 ...