Well that means the "current smartphone fight" is at best a fad, at worst ridiculous. If other phones can't even do email as well as BlackBerry but do games better, and that's what people want in a smartphone, it just shows how effed up these people really are.
    05-02-12 04:39 PM
    I'm always wondering, why RIMM needs to expose everything what they are cooking now in their show, as compare to Apple not really a single words until released date.
    But result shows Apple wins in selling iphone / ipad even without beta tester from user. This tells Apple understand better what user wants.
    When the product hit the market, crowd like it and also find less bug due to Apple only develop 1 iphone model in every year as compare to RIMM at least 3 different models.
    05-02-12 05:56 PM
    I'm always wondering, why RIMM needs to expose everything what they are cooking now in their show, as compare to Apple not really a single words until released date.
    But result shows Apple wins in selling iphone / ipad even without beta tester from user. This tells Apple understand better what user wants.
    When the product hit the market, crowd like it and also find less bug due to Apple only develop 1 iphone model in every year as compare to RIMM at least 3 different models.
    I feel like they have to show something because their stockholders are probably pretty impatient and some are on the verge of leaving. Not sure though, I am glad they showed something.. I mean they showed such a tiny bit compared to what the phone probably has in store.. They showed about 3 minutes of demos, not really that much. Although if they didn't patent that camera thing, I feel that Apple could go in and implement it, not sure if they can even do it, but, idk.. hah
    05-02-12 08:18 PM
    I feel like they have to show something because their stockholders are probably pretty impatient and some are on the verge of leaving. Not sure though, I am glad they showed something.. I mean they showed such a tiny bit compared to what the phone probably has in store.. They showed about 3 minutes of demos, not really that much. Although if they didn't patent that camera thing, I feel that Apple could go in and implement it, not sure if they can even do it, but, idk.. hah
    yeah, most likely showing to push their stock, but again at the end the market
    will have positive reaction with company revenue and profit.
    what i still couldn't understand, how could it be Apple without any user beta tester,
    but once it's released, majority users are happy with the product which
    keeps sale revenue up. so those people who do customer market survey in apple
    must be genius then, huh?
    05-02-12 08:49 PM
    All I can say is that the browser on OS7 devices alone is enough reason for them to move to BB10. Its still laughably bad.
    05-02-12 08:52 PM
    I don't think RIM's long view has as much to do with the smartphone market as much as it has to do with the anything with a touchscreen interface market.

I can think of a lot of electronic equipment that uses industrial versions of Windows of all things to provide the UI. And I've seen this stuff buggy and unresponsive. They could pitch their OS as the backbone for the next generation of cloud process control systems. The implementation would be more stable, secure, robust and extensible than anything currently available.

In short, there is a lot going on here thats being glossed over. They have a target audience for the short term, but the long game appears to be much broader.
    05-02-12 09:40 PM
    yeah, most likely showing to push their stock, but again at the end the market
    will have positive reaction with company revenue and profit.
    what i still couldn't understand, how could it be Apple without any user beta tester,
    but once it's released, majority users are happy with the product which
    keeps sale revenue up. so those people who do customer market survey in apple
    must be genius then, huh?
    Hey, they are so successful for a reason.. They probably have some pretty incredible people locked up making sickening salaries, etc. But that's just one way to go about it, I mean think of it this way.. Apple makes ONE phone, ONE tablet, not to mention they have had years and years of testing with their actual operating systems (a big advantage that Windows and Apple has over companies like RIM and Android). They have probably done a ton of beta testing in the past etc. They have so much stuff to go off of and implement it to their TWO devices, I don't think it's entirely comparable.. They are all about "simplicity" and beauty... RIM can't go and focus on simplicity and beauty alone.. They have always been more of a business oriented phone company and Apple has always been terrible with that aspect until somewhat recently (even still behind in it).

They just don't have the same things to worry about as RIM.. If RIM implements something, they have to go and say, well will that make it more difficult for the average user if we do that but beneficial for the enterprise people? and vise-vera.

I think that RIM is doing SOMETHING right with how they are doing everything.. We haven't gotten a change like this since the beginning of RIM, so we'll see soon enough if they are doing it the right way or not. OS7 is just a rehash of a rehash ... of an OLD phone OS. They COMPLETELY changed their entire operating system so this is going to be REALLY new, something that none of us have ever seen with RIM before. They might actually be doing all of this the right way, I mean how could we know? Has Apple changed their entire OS.. Ever? I think even if Apple was in RIM's current position, they might have taken it a little bit differently because what they are doing is just so unknown and new, noone knows the exact RIGHT way to go about this.

I have complete faith in RIM and even if some people think the way that they are doing all of this is stupid and that they should be more like Apple, I honestly don't know, I kind of disagree with that. Watching those few tiny demos the other day completely got me pumped back up for RIM and I was starting to become somewhat disappointed with RIM thinking.. Taking the PlayBook OS and just throwing it into the phone atmosphere will NOT work, but that's what I thought they were going to do.. Them showing this completely changed my faith in RIM and put me back in the mindset that they KNOW what they are doing. *I never lost faith in RIM as I know how much of an asset QNX is over their competitors, I just couldn't imagine how they would implement it to a phone atmosphere from a tablet. The demo was absolutely great to see, I'm not disappointed that they leaked a little bit and I feel that it honestly was probably in their best interest from a few different standpoints.*

All I can say is that the browser on OS7 devices alone is enough reason for them to move to BB10. Its still laughably bad.
    I'v repressed this idea for quite a while... Atleast I didn't want to believe it, but really, I'm completely sick of it compared to everything else out there. I agree (I wouldn't have a few months ago, only because I wanted to believe something that wasn't true haha)
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 05-03-12 at 09:37 AM.
    05-03-12 09:34 AM
    You can market, market, market all you want. All the marketing in the world will not sell an inferior product....

Microsoft has done it for years and still they maintain share. Granted it is not all inferior but it is non cohesive.
    Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    05-03-12 01:04 PM
108 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD