Hey guys my uncle got his bb passport from shop bb usa. I was the phone who convinced him and it took me 3 months to bring him back to bb. Everyday i used to send him pics and details about the passport about its battery life and all...
    So its been a week now and the battery doesnt seem to last long. He got it on 9 jan 2015 (Friday) So any solutions? If not he will kick my *** :P and never buy bb again. He came from the iphone 5 just like me.
    01-16-15 08:26 AM
    You never stated how long does it last.
    01-16-15 08:34 AM
    It was 100% last night and in the afternoon it was 50%
    01-16-15 01:11 PM
    U loading a lot of android apps load and stay loaded download a task manager and check and you can also disable that perm if you disable their function.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 01:14 PM
    No man! Not even a single android app!!
    01-16-15 01:20 PM
    Check how often some of your social apps update in the background. Also, signal strength can have a huge effect on battery life. Is signal strength good? so many factors to consider. Go to Blackberry virtual expert app and see what is running so much. Also, what OS is the phone running. If it is not 10.3.1.xxx I would encourage you to load one from the leak section.
    01-16-15 01:24 PM
    Check how often some of your social apps update in the background. Also, signal strength can have a huge effect on battery life. Is signal strength good? so many factors to consider. Go to Blackberry virtual expert app and see what is running so much. Also, what OS is the phone running. If it is not 10.3.1.xxx I would encourage you to load one from the leak section.
    Bro I dont exactly know what version is running. Its not mine its my uncle's passport. Its brand new and its 10.3
    01-16-15 01:27 PM
    My battery goes crazy when I run Android apps. Let him make a screenshot of the battery monitor, so we know which process is draiming the battery. We can advice you what to do based on that!

Posted from the 'Classy' Classic!
    01-16-15 01:34 PM
    Could be your cell phone signal. Switch to a more stable network coverage?

Posted from my Classic Passport
    01-16-15 01:55 PM
    My PP battery sucked down from 85% to 0% device off over night
    Only wifi was on and no sim card...
    But it settled now.

Turn off GPS, NFC, Blend (activate it only if you need that)
    If you dont use 4G turn it off..

Check email syncing time raise it to 1 hour maybe.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    01-16-15 02:10 PM
    Perhaps your uncle can post then

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    01-16-15 02:13 PM
    1. Screen auto off time

2. Android apps

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 02:37 PM
    My PP battery sucked down from 85% to 0% device off over night
    Only wifi was on and no sim card...
    But it settled now.

Turn off GPS, NFC, Blend (activate it only if you need that)
    If you dont use 4G turn it off..

Check email syncing time raise it to 1 hour maybe.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    Thanks I'll let him know.
    01-16-15 03:25 PM
    Get him to take a screenshot of the device manager. See what's using the top percentage of battery life. Usually it's the display but if it's anything else then that'll be the cause.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 03:37 PM
    Get him to take a screenshot of the device manager. See what's using the top percentage of battery life. Usually it's the display but if it's anything else then that'll be the cause.

Posted via CB10
    K brah!
    01-16-15 03:57 PM
    Hello wanted to shed some light on this and maybe get some advice so i received my BB Passport Red edition yesterday afternoon and i must say very impressed it is not as big as folks say but I also do have the iPhone 6 plus so maybe thats why. Back to the issue now i set the phone up and charged it full as it came with about 50% battery life. I took the BB off of the charger at around 2am this morning central time USA. I have sent about 4 emails and read through 150 emails (love the way it handles email I disabled on my laptop since this thing is good) anyway i also downloaded only BB apps 3 from the BB world no android apps as the android app store did not have concur which is what i need since my jobs uses this for travel and expense tracking. Can't find the app in BB World either, alright so batter compare here i charged both phones and i have kept my iPhone on as i still need the apps i use daily not games but apps. The iPhone has been connected to my bluetooth bose system and has been on since this morning listening to sports talk while i work non stop i have 40% battery now that just steaming and a game of dominoes with a guy in another in the office. now for the passport again not to much stress on it but i am at 50% so not sure if this will last for 2 days but so far its okay for only one day of use.
    01-16-15 04:31 PM
    It was 100% last night and in the afternoon it was 50%
    It would be a fair figure if it was late in the afternoon.
    It depends on how much your uncle used the phone through the day as well. New owner tends to play with it a lot and shows it to people, thus uses more battery.

Perhaps you could convince your uncle to register an account here so he could describe his problem better for better help.

Posted from my Passport
    01-16-15 06:37 PM
    Any feedback about how the battery life was improved?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 12:51 AM
    Any feedback about how the battery life was improved?

Posted via CB10
    Turn off location services, NFC, data services and make sure ur brightness is low. Use these services only when needed. BB 10 takes a few days, probably a week to settle down with the battery.
    01-24-15 09:52 AM