Just putting a question out there. Instead of an update every few months, why can't bbry send them out in smaller,and more frequent. Simply add one or two features and go. I'd rather have it this way. Do all updates go through carrier testing?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 02:41 PM
    Do all updates go through carrier testing?
    Yep. And that's exactly why the pacing of updates is how it is.
    08-26-13 02:43 PM
    Hi and welcome to Crackberry! I believe that all carriers need to test the update on their equipment and network so that is why they cannot do it all at once.
    08-26-13 02:44 PM
    Ok. But what does say mnemonic dialing, or something along those lines have to do with the carrier. If the update is just how the device work. I understand things like email, where there's another party involved,....

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 02:47 PM
    Ok. But what does say mnemonic dialing, or something along those lines have to do with the carrier. If the update is just how the device work. I understand things like email, where there's another party involved,....

Posted via CB10
    If an update breaks anything, then people are directed to their carrier for support. And if carriers push out a broken update, then they'd be swamped with support requests. Carrier testing is finding out what's wrong with the OS, reporting it back to BBRY and either continuing with it or waiting for an updated version, depending on the severity of the bug.

Sure, the 10.1 update added a bunch of fancy stuff, but the rebooting issue (which, as you put it, doesn't involve another party) pushed back the release date for the American carriers. And Verizon found a bricking issue with a specific usage case and a very low probability of happening, but they waited for BBRY to fix it before release.
    08-26-13 02:55 PM