Anyone know? Seems like a good spot for it. It already keep a call history. Why not have a new phone call button much like how there is a compose button?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 11:31 AM
    I'm guessing you mean for when 'making' calls?

I guess since we have a 'phone' button, do we still need that?
    TerribleTim68 likes this.
    05-08-13 11:34 AM
    Did not thought about this before. But it is a valid point.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 12:23 PM
    I'm guessing you mean for when 'making' calls?

I guess since we have a 'phone' button, do we still need that?
    Ya, it seems like the phone could be integrated into the hub and the phone icon removed.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 01:17 PM
    Maybe they thought it was too critical to hide in the hub? When a new user comes to the platform, especially one that uses voice (old school) the last thing they'll want to do is go on a hunt to initiate a call. Especially during an emergency.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.0.10.85)
    05-08-13 01:23 PM
    A good reason I can think of is my experience today...

I was having problems accessing a website. I thought maybe it was the radio acting up, so I rebooted. As soon as the phone finished booting, I swiped over to the hub to see that it was still loading. I got a phone call immediately, and because the phone isn't part of the hub I was able to answer it immediately.
    kfh227 likes this.
    05-08-13 07:52 PM
    I wouldn't be too keen on losing the phone icon from the home screen - as others have mentioned, it's too important to hide it away in the Hub. I can see some value in what you've suggested though. What I'd like to see is an extension to how phone call events are handled in the main Hub view. Currently, long pressing a call event will invoke the overflow menu in which a 'call' icon resides. I'd like to see BlackBerry extend this for all Hub events (providing you have a telephone number associated with the event). So long pressing an email in the main Hub view (for example) will allow you to launch a call to the sender. It could work the same way with texts, BBM, FB and /or Twitter messages.
    HotFix likes this.
    05-08-13 09:49 PM
    I wouldn't be too keen on losing the phone icon from the home screen - as others have mentioned, it's too important to hide it away in the Hub. I can see some value in what you've suggested though. What I'd like to see is an extension to how phone call events are handled in the main Hub view. Currently, long pressing a call event will invoke the overflow menu in which a 'call' icon resides. I'd like to see BlackBerry extend this for all Hub events (providing you have a telephone number associated with the event). So long pressing an email in the main Hub view (for example) will allow you to launch a call to the sender. It could work the same way with texts, BBM, FB and /or Twitter messages.
    That would be awesome!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 03:58 PM
    +100!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 04:06 PM
    again,,, another great BBOS feature that should've been kept,,, i.e. all my messages, calls/in/out/missed, emails/sent/recieved & texts go to the same place,,, 9850 FTW...
    05-09-13 06:47 PM
    Genius. Get hired and make this happen
    05-09-13 07:13 PM
    Yes, I want to compose calls so bad!
    05-09-13 07:15 PM
    In OS7 > phone app > call list > select item > menu > you can contact caller with all the available communication you have with the caller.

This is what a smartphone needs. Why is it dropped in OS10???

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 04:18 AM