I prefer the new call screen, and this is why,

1. With the new call screen, I find it more easier to swipe left or right. In fact with the old call screen..sometimes I would swipe up and it wouldn't even register..it was awesome when it would register..but when it didn't I was frustrated. Not registering hinders the BB10 experience.

with the new call screen, swiping left or right registers always and because of that...the BlackBerry 10 experience for me is much better.

2. Also with the new call screen, since swiping left or right is at the bottom of the screen..Thus I can see my contacts picture fully. With the old call screen, since it was in the middle, it was covering the contacts picture slightly.

Those 2 reasons are why I personally prefer the new call screen.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by RafiqK; 02-16-14 at 01:21 AM.
    02-16-14 01:02 AM
    I didn't have your first issue. I thought it was really cool flicking the call up... and away.

For your second point, I hadn't fully thought it through, but you're right. Great point!
    02-16-14 01:08 AM
    I like swiping up and down. Feels more of a flow with the OS. And I didnt really noticed about my contact pic cause I didnt really care about that. But that was a good point nonetheless.
    02-16-14 01:14 AM
    Point 2 was dumb on BlackBerry's part, should have had the pic somewhere else. Even now it's small.

Anyway, I find it harder to use since my thumb rests around the middle of the phone. I can see why, if using the q series, it would be easier. Your thumb would be there already.

Anyway, jus like the squircle, I think BlackBerry had it right when they did it their own way. I heavily prefer the old screen, but I try not to complain about it.. since the new one technically works

.. but options are always nice..
    RafiqK and anand_ma like this.
    02-16-14 01:16 AM
    Maybe they should have an option to switch between the 2 screens?

Like was said above, with the Q10, my thumb is already at the bottom of the screen, but with the Z10 or Z30..thats not the case..so maybe the old call screen would be more efficient for those 2 phones.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 01:18 AM

Like was said above, with the Q10, my thumb is already at the bottom of the screen, but with the Z10 or Z30..thats not the case..so maybe the old call screen would be more efficient for those 2 phones.

Posted via CB10
    According to BlackBerry (or at least Michael Clewley), the option to switch between call screens is an impossibility. That being said, shot glasses at the ready...
    02-16-14 01:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    You didn't say you use using the Q10 , but from the moment I used the new screen it FELT like the screen was designed for a keyboard phone, whereas the old screen felt perfect on the full touch.

The biggest problem is that it was never shown (via tutorial etc) that you had to actually grab the bar. A lot of people associated bb10 with gestures and just swipe at the screen (thinking the bar was there simply to display the contact name).

Honestly, I don't think people would even complain if if there was no option and it was the current screen on the Q series and the old screen on full touch phones
    But I still prefer options.
    02-16-14 01:28 AM
    According to BlackBerry (or at least Michael Clewley), the option to switch between call screens is an impossibility. That being said, shot glasses at the ready...
    Clewley said it in a way that made it sound impossible.. but he basically just said the same nonsense as with the dark theme.

Point 1 he basically said we're idiots
    Point 3 makes no sense.. so I guess we copy androids mistakes as well.
    "No option for both, CREATES too much complexity" sounds like it goes back to point 1, we're idiots.

"1. The current up/down action created a think point. People couldn't do something basic like answering the phone.
    2. Answer on left matches the BBOS physical button.
    3. Its more industry standard and adopted and easier for all.

Necessary change. No option for both as it creates too much complexity. "

Edit: lmfao @ the comments on his post. Nice to know BlackBerry listens when people speak up
    02-16-14 01:34 AM
    Agree. New callscreen is way better. I panic when calls come and made. The wrong action regularly before... batting a good 86% now ;-)

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 02:39 AM
    For me it looks like in view of BBM voice for Android and iOS they changed the screen.

Posted via CB10 - ATT unlocked Z10 10.2.1.537
    anand_ma likes this.
    02-16-14 02:46 AM
    I say do away with the call screen altogether!
    I just tap on my earpiece and say "Answer or Ignore"

But, for those that just have to have a call screen....

This is what you got. Except it and enjoy it instead of the need to find all the useless negative reasons not to like it!

Pdinos3 likes this.
    02-16-14 04:42 AM
    For me, swiping getting shorter and it easier with the new one
    I found that the old one need a perfect long swipe to accept/reject and it really frustrating to do more swipe if it doesn't work on the first try.
    Last edited by chrizrun30; 02-16-14 at 06:25 AM.
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    02-16-14 05:10 AM
    Why I prefer the new call screen on 10.2.1-bb10-option-feature-adding..jpg

It not wise of BlackBerry to waste the old phone call screen.

For someone who's interested, Just start a petition to BlackBerry.

For me I like it both but I do want the ability to switch between vertical and horizontal incoming phone call screens.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 02-16-14 at 05:28 AM.
    nah.uhh likes this.
    02-16-14 05:15 AM
    It not wise of BlackBerry to waste the old phone call screen.

For someone who's interested, Just start a petition to BlackBerry.

For me I like it both but I do want the ability to switch between vertical and horizontal incoming phone call screens.

Posted via CB10
    Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 09:55 AM
    I'm actually a fan of the new call screen, seems to work better for me.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    oystersourced and RafiqK like this.
    02-16-14 11:30 AM
    Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    I'm drunk and it's only 1pm.

Via CB Rockin Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141 /2142 Radio
    02-16-14 11:52 AM
    I like the new phone call screen, looks swish.

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    02-16-14 12:12 PM
    As long as I can answer the phone quickly and easily I'm not going to lose any sleep over whether I have to swipe up or across.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925
    02-16-14 12:19 PM
    I like the new screen. Feels better on my Q10, easier to swipe and definitely more responsive then the old screen. Maybe with the new OS even the old screen will work better. One big + is the fact that the answering or rejecting the call button doesn't cover the picture. Maybe the old screen looked better on the long touch screen but on the Q this screen is better.

Visit my BBM Channel C000E96F6
    02-16-14 12:28 PM
    I like the new screen. Feels better on my Q10, easier to swipe and definitely more responsive then the old screen. Maybe with the new OS even the old screen will work better. One big + is the fact that the answering or rejecting the call button doesn't cover the picture. Maybe the old screen looked better on the long touch screen but on the Q this screen is better.

Visit my BBM Channel C000E96F6
    I totally agree.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 12:33 PM