I posted this to my tumblr, and to twitter. And figured I'd share here.

http://tmblr.co/ZvUI6wuSC89y

And thanks to the Writer app, it's gotten me back into my wanting to write some more.

With the current state of BlackBerry, I get a lot of questions.

"Why did you go BlackBerry?"

"You know BlackBerry is selling right?"

Well, I always come back with the same answer, and it dumb founds people. I guess they speculate as to how someone can live without vine, or without instagram. Right now, both apps sit on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, and I hardly use Vine, I only ever use Instagram to post what I think is cool stuff.

We should go into some device history. I've owned almost all of the major software platforms, which include iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and BlackBerry. Also owned most of the major revisions respectfully. From the Pearl 8100 to Bold 9000 line up, to the iPhone 5, and as recent as a a Samsung Galaxy S4.

Now when I had a iOS device as a daily driver, I found it pretty boring. Than apps came along, they were the greatest thing ever. But, I quickly found myself only installing apps to try, they never stayed on my device for more than a few hours before I got sick of looking at the icons. The simplicity of the OS drove me absolutely bonkers. The fact I couldn't do anything in the slightest sense to it.

Of course by the time I had my first iOS device, I had already had a few BlackBerry devices, so I saw what themes could do. I jumped back and forth a lot on devices. I believe my next after that was a OG droid device, the HTC Dream aka G1 running Android 1.1. Now that was a experience.

It was fun to say the least however the lack from Rogers Wireless on OS updates was killer and I couldn't handle it anymore. So I got a BlackBerry Bold 9000, and again found my life, my work and everything around me improve ten fold. Though me being the tech junky I am just had to keep moving up and trying new things.

I than moved onto a Samsung Focus, a Windows Phone 7 device. What was cool was the concept, what wasn't cool was the execution of the OS.My biggest selling point, was the fact it could connect to my Xbox 360 GamerTag. Now that was huge back than. It didn't last long before I gave the phone up to the Girlfriend to replace her aging BlackBerry 9650 from MTS.

I than moved back to Android with the LG Optimus 3D. If you can't guess it, the 3D was the hype I was interested in. And sadly it failed, miserably. Slow, poor battery life, and the 3D wasn't the greatest. I managed to sell that off and get a iPhone 4S.

And this is around the time BlackBerry announced BlackBerry X OS, and I was instantly intrigued. My attention went all over it, didn't even care about my 4S. Eventually that got swapped out for a Samsung Galaxy S2, and I spent my next year in phone limbo.

I became heavily involved in the Android community with rooting, flashing, tweaking, that I began to forget my BlackBerry roots. I even converted family members from BlackBerries to iPhone's and Android devices. I look back and hang my head in shame. The year was involved of swapping out phone after phone after phone, I even came back across a shiny BlackBerry Bold 9900 for about a month and a half period.

BlackBerry 10. Oh my sweet BlackBerry 10. Come closer to launch time, and coincidently around the same time I got my 9900, I started to fall back in love with BlackBerry. From day 1 of having my 9900 I realized again how my life went from chaos to organization. I was getting more and more excited for the Z10 and Q10.

Launch day. I was frustrated, I couldn't get a BlackBerry 10 device. Even more that the Q10 I wanted so badly, wasn't available day one. I sat on the sidelines as BlackBerry 10 launched, still sitting around with my Galaxy S3, hoping, praying someone would trade their Z10 for it.

I was having no luck, eventually I gave in and traded my S3 for a 4S, went back to iOS. I started the hunt for a Z10 again. And to my luck this time, I found a beautiful white Z10 which only cost me an extra $50 with my iPhone 4S as trade.

I was in heaven.

It was instantaneous, I was hooked on BlackBerry again. I fell in love with the new OS within minutes of hands-on experience. I read, I watched everything online, but it didn't do this phone justice. I immediately started to show it off like I was a pro, but really I was a newb in the world of BlackBerry 10.

And than I found Crackberry (well I finally made my first post). It was the kick-start to where I am today. I'm now rocking the Q10, and I couldn't be anymore happier. I'm a co-founder of the BerryLeaks team, and it's been a awesome experience. I've gotten to meet some amazing people, and that is something I've never seen or experienced from any other forum community.

So I still didn't answer the question, Why did I choose BlackBerry 10.

I chose BlackBerry 10 because the OS is refreshing, it's different, it's unique. I chose BlackBerry 10 because no matter the comparison to BlackBerry OS, it's still a communications beast when comparing to iOS and Android. I chose BlackBerry 10 because it makes me as a person more productive, which in turns affects my life in a whole.

BlackBerry 10 is not just a OS. The Q10 is not just a phone. It's about community, it's about networking, it's about the experience that no other platform can provide you. No matter what you may think, no device or OS can be as life altering as BlackBerry 10.

Now you may think that if it doesn't have app this or app that how can that be so? Well it's simple, and it draws back to the fact the BlackBerry community, whether they be the simple end user, the enterprise user, or the hard-core fan boy, they are all interconnected based on the device they use.

We use BlackBerry because we know the power of BlackBerry 10 OS combined with the QNX Neutrino kernel. We use BlackBerry because we know it's not about apps, but about communications. We use BlackBerry because we'd rather have proven reliable security, than testing the unknown waters.

BlackBerry 10 will evolve into something bigger, something better, there is no argument there. The what ifs and nay sayers can have their day, but when the day comes, that BlackBerry turns around and gives everyone the one two punch, it will revoluntionalize the way we look at smartphones. The way we look at computers. How we interact. That is the goal of mobile computing in my mind.

This was all written from my BlackBerry Q10 device running BlackBerry 10 OS 10.2.0.1581. And for as long as there are software updates, hardware refreshes, and until the day BlackBerry is finally run into the ground, I will choose BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 11:05 PM
    Posted this in another thread as my reaction to this blog post:

Nice blog post by Kris. definitely made me think about how cool the blackberry community is. Even the people who keep posting negative things about it are probably just pessimistic fanboys on the inside. When I had my iphone I was a pretty big iFan, and I never felt the closs-nittedness? of the iphone community as I do with the blackberry/crackberry community. Through blackberry I've connected with some awesome people and really feel like my phone is more of a tool to help me through my life rather than just a platform for any number of apps to get me through.

Nice blog post, one that definitely puts a smile on my face after all the doom and gloom lately.
    09-07-13 11:08 PM
    Posted this in another thread as my reaction to this blog post:

Nice blog post by Kris. definitely made me think about how cool the blackberry community is. Even the people who keep posting negative things about it are probably just pessimistic fanboys on the inside. When I had my iphone I was a pretty big iFan, and I never felt the closs-nittedness? of the iphone community as I do with the blackberry/crackberry community. Through blackberry I've connected with some awesome people and really feel like my phone is more of a tool to help me through my life rather than just a platform for any number of apps to get me through.

Nice blog post, one that definitely puts a smile on my face after all the doom and gloom lately.
    Which other thread is that?

Posted via CB10

Edit: found it
    Brandon Orr likes this.
    09-07-13 11:10 PM
    I like the buttonless concept, the gesture it becomes second nature for me

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 11:11 PM
    Well said, thanks for sharing.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 11:14 PM
    It's been asked before and it's a no, and this isn't the proper thread for this question I would think

Posted via CB10
    He's just a troll, he's got 6 posts and spammed that same subject

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 11:14 PM
    Well said Kris. Fully agree with what you said.

As a sidenote. Writer is a great app, been very happy with it myself. Recommended to anyone wanting to have a simple app to scribble down a bunch of thoughts in an effective way.
    09-07-13 11:38 PM
    Nice summary Kris.
    To add something to the table: before I purchased my Z10 I couldn't tried out the keyboard. I read good things about it, but I was really afraid that it'll be PITA, as I was never able to type fast and accurately on a virtual one. I always had bolds, and I loved the qwerty.
    I took the lead of faith trusting in BlackBerry that they'll have the best on glass experience. And they didn't felt short. I love this keyboard, and I enjoy every time I'm using it. And hey, I'm still a crappy virtual keyboard typer but with this, I can feel like a pro.
    And I could list all the things what makes it better than other platform, but after all, if you want to communicate, you have to type. And nobody can do it as good as BlackBerry does.

Tapped on my Z10 in CB10 | #BerryLeaks
    Pdinos3 and seletok like this.
    09-08-13 01:37 AM
    First Amazing Post and we in the community are much better off having you around... thank you for the hard work you and others put in getting the leaks out.

I don't get asked as much as you probably do but when I do I usually just show people how easy it is to share and move within the OS, it's a breath of fresh air. I also like to show off the touch keyboard as it is simply amazing.. trust me when you give a friend a new nickname and that said nickname starts poping up in the possible words above a letter it is pretty cool.

Again great post and I think many have shared similar situations like yours, I do think BlackBerry would turn around if they have the time, I know people's minds are changing everyday about BlackBerry phones and what they can do now

Posted via Z10
    09-08-13 02:56 AM
    Well said Kris.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    09-08-13 03:35 AM
    Great to see the enthusiasm and positivity!
    I don't agree with the communications and productivity bits, but as long as you're getting the best out of the OS, that's the most important thing.
    I'm hoping 10.2 will bring me round as well.
    09-08-13 04:05 AM
    Great to see the enthusiasm and positivity!
    I don't agree with the communications and productivity bits, but as long as you're getting the best out of the OS, that's the most important thing.
    I'm hoping 10.2 will bring me round as well.
    I'll agree, compared to legacy, BlackBerry 10 has a long ways to go, but to me it's still more efficient than competing OS's

Posted via my Q10 that's making #IChooseBlackBerry10 trend on twitter!
    09-08-13 09:24 AM
    Just to do a quick up date, and instead of making multiple threads, I'll post the blog that was requested of me here as well

Blog

BlackBerry - The Business Model and Current State of Affairs (Another personal take)

SEP 10 � 2013
    I was asked about seeing a blog article on my take of the business of BlackBerry and their current state of affairs. So I will give it a try.

Disclaimer: I am in no way shape or form a expert on business models nor a financial expert. All thoughts in this blog post are purley speculation, and of my own.

So to begin, the business model. Obviously as everyone knows, BlackBerry is heavy into the enterprise not the consumer side of the market. From the RIM 950 pager to the BlackBerry Q10 of today, you can see that the devices are very business oriented.

Of course, the consumer following began, and than came the BlackBerry Pearl 8100, and to me that was the device that kick started BlackBerry being popular amongst consumer base, and that is the phone that caused BlackBerry to say hey, maybe we can do more.

Now this “more” really wasn’t that much else, except add the Curve line with different color schemes. They kept the business models flowing with the Bold line. You had your cheap consumer device and your high end business device, it’s what made you stand out in a market dominated by BlackBerry.

To this day, you can clearly see BlackBerry is trying harder than ever to appease to the consumer masses in the way of the BlackBerry Z10 and soon the BlackBerry Z30. Of course what’s interesting, is the BlackBerry Q5, the anomaly, the Curve of the old days. With the multi-color scheme back into play, you can say BlackBerry has done a pretty decent job at the mid-tier market.

Yes, I said mid-tier, to me a 350$ off contract phone is not low tier. To me a 1.2GHz dual core, 2GB Ram, 16GB memory is mid-tier, and rightfully so as it’s being run by BlackBerry 10 OS.

The current state of affairs of course are looking bleak for BlackBerry. With reports from the media pushing that BlackBerry is “going to sell” instead of looking at what a “strategic committee” could actually do, it’s put the world into panic.

But to be honest, it wasn’t just all the media’s fault. BlackBerry has to carry some of the blame themselves. They failed to move along with the times when they were moving, they failed to compete and show the up and comers Apple and Google how the smartphone business is played.

Because of this failure, it’s cost them money, time and resources, they couldn’t afford in the short term. Stocks plummeted. Apple started to take over, and BlackBerry answered with a Bold 9900.

While an absolutely amazing device, and OS7.1 brought it really to life, it still had its flaws, it still had a Java Based Operating System. Google Android and Apple iOS had already left BlackBerry in the dust. The full touch revolution had taken a stranglehold over the smartphone market.

Even more so, Microsoft who had the “Windows Mobile” platform, had upgraded to Windows Phone 7. The design was beautiful, the concept was there. However, they failed on Ecosystem, which is where Apple had already amassed a huge App selection, and Android was close behind.

The number 3 spot was still owned by BlackBerry, and no one thought Microsoft would make a come back. BlackBerry once again became to comfortable with their position, Microsoft would come out full swinging with Windows Phone 8, and the integration between it and it’s Windows 8 counterpart boosted the Ecosystem like no tomorrow.

BlackBerry relished that number 3 spot, and now sat at number 4. Granted they were in the process of building BlackBerry 10, they delayed and delayed, and it kept hurting their stock.

Eventually they released BlackBerry 10, a little too late in my mind, but at that notion better late than never right?

There is always a bottom that one has to hit before going up, and I believe BlackBerry is slowly climbing back from that bottom. They’ve taken the hits, they’ve been kicked while they’re down, but they keep fighting. Stragetic Committee or not, the ideal situation is for BlackBerry to go private, it’s what everyone is hoping for. Because we know, if they go private, they’ll turn the smartphone world on its head.

BlackBerry has the knowledge, the expertise, the platform to show Apple, to show Google, to show Microsoft, that they no longer hold any lead, that they in fact have been playing catch up to BlackBerry 10 all this time.

So for now, let’s remember to keep the #IChooseBlackBerry10, let’s remember @BlackBerry needs their supporters, let’s remember that we are #BlackBerryByChoice, that we are the #ChampionsOfBlackBerry.

Again, please keep in mind, I am not a business analyst or anything of the sort. This blog is purely personal.
    09-10-13 09:25 PM
    The gesture-based UI easily makes BB10 the best mobile OS out there.

I hope they go private too. Then they can focus on making BB10 even better than it already is. 10.2 (carrier approved) can't come soon enough!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 10:41 PM