Sorry for the double post.

But the fact that deleting an email on an imap account doesn't do what it's supposed to do is absolutely inexcusable.

The fact that they have a KB page saying this issue is still being "investigated" is pathetic. It's been over two years. This is basic functionality that I reasonably expect from an IMAP client.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

Posted via CB10 on Blackberry Classic
    nah.uhh likes this.
    04-25-15 05:57 AM
    Sorry but sounds like BlackBerry is not for you. BlackBerry is most definitely focused on Enterprise as consumers and small business has no IT budget which = returns, profits and $$$$

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 09:55 AM
    They've been open about that for awhile now. It shouldn't be a surprise. That's why you see so many non enterprise customers upset about BBM etc.

BlackBerry got into issues in the past by trying to be what it shouldn't have. Hopefully they stick to their guns.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    04-25-15 10:12 AM
    As for the Linux argument, the Linux desktop market is microscopic. The server market is quite strong and growing, but that doesn't so much for desktop software.

The real key is that there's no real return for the expense of building software to work in different X11 platforms, as well as through Debian and RHEL variants. There's the further issue of not all Linux distros being willing to even support something that has as much as a single proprietary component to it.

BlackBerry has decided to focus on an area where it feels it can make money: enterprise customers. This has been their admitted focus for some time so that means more of a focus on services rather than a new flagship phone every other week. So it's support for Exchange and other high ticket systems.

Posted via CB10
    And that just what developers think about BlackBerry.
    04-25-15 10:19 AM
    Sorry but sounds like BlackBerry is not for you. BlackBerry is most definitely focused on Enterprise as consumers and small business has no IT budget which = returns, profits and $$$$

Posted via CB10
    I thought their advertising for the Leap is all about the small business person? So what is their real message?
    04-25-15 10:20 AM
    I thought their advertising for the Leap is all about the small business person? So what is their real message?
    I consider small business 15- 20 employees or less. The leap is targeted to young professionals and "Start ups". Definitely some room to argue though however their focus is still directed at Enterprise.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 11:04 AM
    The notion that Android, iOS, or Windows Phone are somehow not as good for "enterprise" is a total farse. Not only is Microsoft going to come out swinging with Windows 10 in a few short months, there is already value in their platform for consumers and "enterprise".

Honestly, I think at this point BlackBerry's "focus on enterprise" just means "continue to be pretty much irrelevant until we go out of business".
    04-25-15 11:20 AM
    The notion that Android, iOS, or Windows Phone are somehow not as good for "enterprise" is a total farse. Not only is Microsoft going to come out swinging with Windows 10 in a few short months, there is already value in their platform for consumers and "enterprise".

Honestly, I think at this point BlackBerry's "focus on enterprise" just means "continue to be pretty much irrelevant until we go out of business".
    I thought it was Enterprise from a security aspect.
    NtotheK likes this.
    04-25-15 07:56 PM
33 12