I would have never never ever bought both 2 classics and p: 2 *passports in Jan 2015 if I would have the least conception they would would not keep supporting BlackBerry 10. It was over 2500 dollars which is a lot of money for us (pizza). . This was on top of BlackBerry abandoning playbook ( fool that I was we bought four playbook with 64 gb). How about a refund? What other company keeps doing this and and keeps screwing their loyal customers and plans to stay in business?.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    01-18-16 06:40 PM
    We got $5000-$8000 invested in blackberry since 2015. But not one penny more till they get their act together ( and hopefully fire chen). That may not seem much. But this small business wontbbuy any new BlackBerry products til chen is gone

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and lift like this.
    01-18-16 06:47 PM
    Because the numbers indicate the loyal users are abandoning BlackBerry even faster.
    paulbbp and JeepBB like this.
    01-18-16 07:10 PM
    All companies eventually stop supporting older products in favor of newer ones. Microsoft just announced the end of Win8 support, and that they won't support anything below Win10 on processors after the current generation. Very few Android v2.x phones were upgraded to v4.x. That's how technology works.

You bought your devices at the beginning of 2015. BB committed to supporting your phones for 18 months, and they'll actually be supporting it for longer than that - through the end of 2016. They will have fulfilled their obligations to you.

As far as BB10 in general being on shaky ground, well, the tech press has been talking about that for years, and so has CrackBerry, so if you knew enough to know that BB10 existed, you had to know something of the overall situation of BB10 and of BB as a whole.

Ultimately, it was you who chose to buy into a niche-market product, even after the company repeatedly stated that you, a consumer, weren't their target audience (big enterprise and government are). You took the risks, and risks often bring pain and suffering - something that BB has already been experiencing for years. Blame the guy in the mirror before you blame anyone else.
    01-18-16 07:43 PM
    What other company keeps doing this and and keeps screwing their loyal customers and plans to stay in business?.
    There is a house in New Orleans...
    glwerry, JeepBB and chickentender like this.
    01-18-16 08:52 PM
    HP - webOS, Nokia - Symbian/Maemo/MeeGo, Nokia - Windows Phone beyond 7 (I'm talking about the phones that only got half-assed to 7.8 even on high-end phones that were released just before 8 was released).

Enough examples of other companies abandoning loyal customers for change of direction.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-19-16 12:20 AM
    OP have you been following blackberry at all for the last few years? The future support of blackberry 10 has been iffy for a while from my perspective.

Like any tech company they will naturally eventually stop developing something that's not selling. Blackberry 10 has never sold well not since day one. So in my mind it's future has always been in doubt.

Nonetheless I bought several blackberry 10 phones over the years. For what they already were. Not something I thought they'd maybe become.

Tech companies also don't refund for not committing to future development on anything. I doubt you can find any company that has that as a policy.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-19-16 12:39 AM
    I understand the frustrations that some of you may be feeling or feeling abandoned I would not worry to much I have Passport and although I do get 'app envy' at times cause there is no proper version for BB10 I am not angry at BlackBerry for going the Android route. JC has a commitment to his share holders on making BlackBerry profitable and financially speaking it was a low cost solution by switching to Android after all he does not have to worry about building a OS. I love my Passport and works wonderfully for me never had a issue the keyboard is great the battery goes for days and not worry about to have to charge it. I have had many instances at work where having my Passport has made my life so much easier. But I understand the frustrations and why you would feel like you where left out in the cold. The biggest mistake that BlackBerry made was that when they realized that they needed to redo the operating system and getting it to market was about 2 years and in that time both Apple and Google took over and app developers jumped ship. It was arrogance of the previous executives to think that they could go 2 years between between OS's and phones and still maintain there market share. Is BB10 a good OS? Hell yeah it is. But in today's market it doesn't matter how good the OS is if you don't have the mainstream apps supporting your OS. After all when the iPhone first came out it sucked. It wasn't until the 3rd generation of the phone came out with the app store that it took off. People say that the iPhone saved Apple I say that the app store saved Apple.

Posting WIDE with CB10 on the Blackberry Passport
    01-19-16 12:44 AM
    I'd like to see a third mobile platform gain enough traction to be an acknowledged part of the landscape. I'm sorry it's not going to be BB10, but I'm not resentful. Microsoft is the only player with the resources to do it, and they're struggling. But I hope they gain some ground. If they can get to double digit market share, that should be enough to keep developers interested. They've got a long way to go, however.
    01-19-16 08:34 AM
    The question should be why users are abandoning BlackBerry... that's the real reason why they stop making BlackBerry 10 devices

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    01-19-16 08:39 AM
    Abysmal marketing of BB10 is one of the reasons, few people know about it

From my Z30 STA100-2 on OS 10.3.2.2836
    01-19-16 09:19 AM
    There are these kinds of discussions everywhere; be it "Leave BlackBerry 10 and go for Android" or "Keep BlackBerry 10 alive and get us new devices" or "BlackBerry is never good at marketing". I am sort of disappointed at BlackBerry actually when they said there won't be any new BlackBerry 10 devices in 2016. But then I began to think: Why the hell should I care? If they produce the devices I like, I will buy one, and if they don't, I just don't buy one. They don't care and I don't care. I think it is a fair deal. I did get Priv, twice, not just once. I bought the first one and tried for two days only to find it is a great -looking device,but it is running Android, which is not the OS I would go for, so I sold it. And after two weeks, I was convinced by one of my close friends and decided to give another shot. As a result, I fully understand I am not the kind of guy for Android. It is not bad,but it is not for everybody. I switched back to my Passport again.
    Well, that was my story.
    The world is full of OPINIONS thanks to the Internet, one of which is mine. Everyone has different idea for everything and the Internet is the place for us to speak it out loud, but that means nothing to anyone whoever is running any sort of company. As a CEO, one should have his or her own idea and let the public decide it is right or wrong. The numbers should tell.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 09:39 AM
    I like the BB10 phones more than the other offerings out there (and I've tried a number). That's about it. I'll use BB10 handsets as long as I still love them more than other and as long as they're still available and while doing so I'll show them to others, let the b.s. comments bounce off me and keep smiling until it is either gone or moves to something else. It's all numbers and the numbers support the shift that The Artist Formerly Known As RIM is making. Nothing to get upset about. If you like the phones, keep using them until you cannot.
    01-19-16 03:43 PM
    The question should be why users are abandoning BlackBerry... that's the real reason why they stop making BlackBerry 10 devices

Posted via CB10
    I can give you 1 reason : Their support really sucks. I bought the Passport (new simlock free). After 14 months my device needed repair. I asked support to help me with spare parts. We are sorry sir, we can't help you. Any advice on how to proceed? You could buy the PRIV .? !...
    Always been a BB fan. Have several devices. The way they treated me HURTS. Took a while to get over it ..... I bought a Windows phone.
    01-19-16 04:38 PM

This "bad marketing killed BB10" myth must be dispelled.

No amount of marketing could have changed the outcome when BB10 was competing against 2 mature and extremely popular platforms with massive app and media ecosystems (iOS and Android).

The average smartphone user was not going to say "oh look, BB10 phones are great, let me just completely abandon the hundreds of dollars I've invested in iOS/Android, including my iTunes/Google Play content, as well as all of the apps I use and enjoy on a daily basis, and give BB10 a try".

The average "dumbphone" user looking to upgrade to his first smartphone was not going to say "oh look, there's a phone that I've never seen any of my friends or family using. And it's missing a lot of the apps they've been telling me about. But it has a keyboard and a cool OS, so I think I'll get that just to be different."

Look at all the marketing Microsoft poured into Windows Phone for a few meager percentage points of worldwide market share.

Timing was the key. BlackBerry rested on their laurels too long and made too many huge gaffes. By the time they realized what was going on it was way, way too late.

Read the book "Losing the Signal". It's extremely insightful and gives a good account of how things have played out.
    01-19-16 04:45 PM
    The people running rim have always been arrogant and have had no respect for their customers. It's always been like that.

They will abandon the priv owners shortly. Oh how they laugh... Their customers seem to keep coming back for more of the same...
    01-19-16 05:55 PM

01-19-16 10:40 PM
    Because they can...

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 04:09 AM
    The people running rim have always been arrogant and have had no respect for their customers. It's always been like that.

They will abandon the priv owners shortly. Oh how they laugh... Their customers seem to keep coming back for more of the same...
    Dozens of them... Hudson Bay will overflow when they dump the unsold Privs & Passports & the rest...

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 04:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    No the abandoning started when BB10 was launched... or Thor would have been able to sell all of those Z10 he made. They slipped under the million device a quarter, came long before there was a announcement of the PRIV or hints at it being Android.

The whole problem was.... outside of a few hardcore fans, NO ONE CARES about what powers their smartphones. They only care what it can and what it CAN'T do.

They marketed BB10, Z10, and Q10.... in the beginning. It was the lack of interest in the their new products and the level of returns that told them that BB10 wasn't a consumer product, and thus no amount of marketing it was going to be successful.

You need a good product, before marketing is really an good idea. Probable why Chen isn't wasting any money on the PRIV right out of the gate... he's not sure if enough people really want a PKB.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-20-16 11:50 AM
    Dude, have you ever bought a car where you had to go to a junkyard to scrounge parts?

I have Canon camera gear: some years ago, Canon completely changed their lense mounts - the new lenses and cameras were incompatible with the old mounts. They sell a gazillion cameras.

I had a 1998 Chev pickup with a 350 - the same small-block motor that dates back to 1955. HORROR of HORRORs, for 1999 they brought out a NEW, INCOMPATIBLE motor design! Should we force GM to refund everyone whose vehicle runs a pre-1999 motor?

This is essentially what the OP is saying, and it's just a totally unreasonable attitude. Remember, this is from a BB10 owner, without the free cash to buy multiple devices - so, I'm as much in the boat as everyone else.

Adapt, quit your whining!

I'm going to put on my right-wing Rural Redneck cape for a moment: these sorts of discussions remind me a bit of the memes going around Facebook that comment on recent moves to take signage out of universities because certain words are causing new students anxiety: there are pictures of 18 and 19 year olds storming the beaches at Normandy. The comment is that 70 years ago this is what that age group was coping with - today we are removing signs that cause people anxiety / offense!

Some people just need to grow up. If that viewpoint is offensive, please consider that the whining about Blackberry's "treachery" gets pretty tiring for many of us too.
    JeepBB and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    01-20-16 12:17 PM
    I can give you 1 reason : Their support really sucks. I bought the Passport (new simlock free). After 14 months my device needed repair. I asked support to help me with spare parts. We are sorry sir, we can't help you. Any advice on how to proceed? You could buy the PRIV .? !...
    Always been a BB fan. Have several devices. The way they treated me HURTS. Took a while to get over it ..... I bought a Windows phone.
    So they treated you badly because they wouldn't help with the spare parts on a phone that was out of warranty?
    01-20-16 02:01 PM

Why advertise something that will fail to meet the expectations of many who buy it? Surely BlackBerry has BB10 device return rate data from all the major carriers, likely indicating the returns were too high for the carriers' tastes.

So if you're BlackBerry you do the only thing left. Don't advertise. Save that $$$. Instead focus on selling to the loyal die hards to whom you don't have to advertise at all. Get off the BB10 phone inventory that way. Move to Android and see how that goes.
    01-20-16 02:59 PM
    Spare parts (mostly screen) : BlackBerry Passport Replacement Parts - ETrade Supply
    Otherwise, Ebay (for parts) and Youtube (for how-to's) will help.
    What is your damaged part ?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-20-16 04:00 PM
    I would have never never ever bought both 2 classics and p: 2 *passports in Jan 2015 if I would have the least conception they would would not keep supporting BlackBerry 10. It was over 2500 dollars which is a lot of money for us (pizza). . This was on top of BlackBerry abandoning playbook ( fool that I was we bought four playbook with 64 gb). How about a refund? What other company keeps doing this and and keeps screwing their loyal customers and plans to stay in business?.

Posted via CB10
    Think of it this way.

BlackBerry is still updating BlackBerry Z10 released in 2013 February, with more updates coming in 2016.

Samsung, on the other hand, will not be releasing the latest Android M to their S4, released the same time as the Z10.

As for Windows phones, the first legacy Windows phones (1020, 920) released around the same time as the Z10 are buggy with the latest Windows 10 mobile update (I know it is not official update).

As for IPhone 5 related at the same time as the Z10, many users are reporting slow downs with the latest IOS 9 update. Apple is not much better than Samsung in that they don't do the extra work of optimizing the update for the older hardware.

So in that sense, I think BlackBerry is doing pretty well. BlackBerry 10 OS is very consistent from the oldest Z10 to the newest Passport.

Many Android manufacturers, especially Samsung, barely support their phone for two years.

Posted via CB10
    ominaxe likes this.
    01-20-16 07:34 PM
65 123