i don't get this community or even this "crackberry.com" blogs writers when i was shown clearly that the phone is a BB10 in all pictures, the blog owner like to buzz the web site with a "concept" phone ?! WTF ?! common ..

in the pic below it can be seen clearly that is has a BB10 and nothing else:
    why do you think 'Venice' slider will be android ?!-bb10_real.jpg

or take a real example from here: BlackBerry Venice Android Smartphone Images Leaked
    why do you think 'Venice' slider will be android ?!-bb10.jpeg

don't get me wrong .. i wish that BB will also do a Android base phone but sadly this is not the case
    08-23-15 02:46 AM
    Both the BB10 and Android versions will be available and do quite well.
    08-23-15 02:57 AM
    Because there's no smoke without fire
    08-23-15 03:30 AM
    Because there's no smoke without fire
    Couldn't have said it better.

BlackBerry 10 devices hasn't done good enough to have a sustainable mobile division. They need to sell more devices and are trying just that with this step. They identified their weaknesses and chances, so it's not a very unthinkable step. BlackBerry 10 is nice for people who want a secure communication device, but there are more people who actually use apps and want to use them right out of the box. Can't blame them, it's the world we live in today.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 03:40 AM
    My gut feeling is that it was intended to be a bb10 device but sales are now so terrible, the idea was scrapped and the hardware repurposed for a last throw of dice with android.
    08-23-15 04:18 AM
    @cgk agree, let's hope it works
    08-23-15 04:29 AM
    Both of those pics are about as worthless as any of the current 'leaks'. The first one was a paper cutout of a screen shot pasted ontop of some sort of dummy demo device with a backlight. The second one is just yet another fan-made rendering (of which there are hundreds by now).

They probably can't find any manufacturer to agree to make the slider for the tiny numbers they would be willing to commit for BB10 (knowing how bad sales are). Hopefully they'll still make a BB10 slider on hardware designed to be factory-configurable to run either one (so that they can justify risking higher volume orders).

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    08-23-15 04:49 AM
    No.. the first one is from BlackBerry presentation... and it's real...

And regarding android build, every release until today there was a roomer about play service but nothing each release... nothing new in that "smoke"..

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 08:15 AM

And regarding android build, every release until today there was a roomer about play service but nothing each release... nothing new in that "smoke"..

Posted via CB10
    Well its real in that we saw a mockup that did nothing

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    08-23-15 08:20 AM
    Hmm, I think whether it had android or BlackBerry OS, I'll be happy to buy it. Only one reason I prefer Android. It's a silly one but, I like using Swype or similar keyboards. Everything else about BB10 can be managed with an Apk.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk Pro.
    ubizmo likes this.
    08-23-15 08:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Lol... the first one was as real as the fisherprice 'cell phone' toys made for toddlers that have a sticker as a screen and the buttons make annoying beeping noises that let the parents know the kids is still alive somewhere nearby.

And what I was referring to was the leaked images, help file content and supposedly promotional video clip that showed something that is clearly not BB10.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 09:24 AM
    Yeah, in that first picture from last March, he's holding his thumb on the screen.

What happens when you hold a finger on a BB10 phone for more than a few seconds? The icons start to pulse, ready for either deleting or moving. That thumb was on an inactive screen.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 08:37 PM
    I hate slyders phones, I prefer phisical qwerty, no matter a bit smaller screen

Enviado desde mi SM-N910T mediante Tapatalk
    08-23-15 08:49 PM
    08-23-15 08:52 PM
    Yeah, in that first picture from last March, he's holding his thumb on the screen.

What happens when you hold a finger on a BB10 phone for more than a few seconds? The icons start to pulse, ready for either deleting or moving. That thumb was on an inactive screen.

Posted via CB10

its only happens when you hold on single icon not way his is holding.
    08-23-15 08:55 PM
    Because it will be android. The first video of blackberry passport silver edition with android was posted today with a really basic review. It`s in brazilian portuguese, so don't pay attention at his accent. The video starts to get intersting at the minute 3:45 but I will translate the most important things:
    Its running a beta version of full android lollipop 5.1. Blackberry has been testing this for a while now.
    He said that only four devices like this is out for test.
    He got the device with a Canadian friend that he can't say the name and blurred the device informations to keep it as a secret.
    It will have access with all google services like google playstore.
    No BB10 but its customized to feel like it and it will have the bb10 features like the hub and will be really secure. No gestures.
    He didn't explain if blackberry will develop for bb10 anymore, but it seems that they will work with the two OS.
    I don't use the forums that much, so I don't know how to create a new post and I can't post the link.

The name of the video in youtube is: "BOMBA!!!! Veja o 1� Blackberry do mundo rodando android!"
    Sorry for my bad english. lol
    Last edited by Pedro Rios1; 08-23-15 at 09:40 PM.
    08-23-15 09:22 PM
    Commenting so I can come back to this thread for the lulz.
    08-23-15 09:49 PM
    Now I got 2 choices for next BB phone next yr.
    08-23-15 10:44 PM
    Commenting so I can come back to this thread for the lulz.
    Hssss...hsss...hsss
    08-23-15 11:00 PM
    Thanks for translating Pedro

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 01:09 AM
    its only happens when you hold on single icon not way his is holding.
    I just tried it on my Z10. Held my thumb across four icons - and they still started the pulsing within less than 2 seconds. One of the icons even moved on me when I shifted my thumb a bit.

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    08-24-15 09:16 AM
    08-24-15 02:43 PM
    why do you think 'Venice' slider will be android ?!

Well because I know a guy who know's a guy, who has it on good authority, that they saw somebody who claims to have played with a beta device running android on something that looks like a Samsung phone with a typo keyboard stuck to it. Only problem is........ the guy I know, is another crackberry forum member.

You must be holding out for the burning bush eh?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-24-15 02:53 PM
    Now forming the Crackberry Flat Earth Society! Early registrations save 20% off!

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2205
    08-24-15 03:02 PM
    The level of denial some people have in this community is stunning, to say the least. Like people who don't believe in the moon landing but do believe in the Easter Bunny.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-24-15 03:25 PM
32 12