While I realize there are countless posts about battery life, this one is pretty specific. We are a two Z10 family, both now running 10.3.1 after the Rogers upgrade. Since then, the battery life is awful, giving us barely half the time we could once count on. We've narrowed it down to data services on the mobile network.

If we're running WiFi in the house, there's no problem and battery life is pretty much what it always was. Turn on Data Services and you can practically watch that sucker drain. Note that it doesn't matter what applications we run, or don't run. The phone can be sitting idle, but if Data Services are turned on, the drain continues.

We've tried rebooting, removing the battery, long press reset, and clean install. Nothing helps.

Thoughts? Ideas?

-- Marcel
    03-10-15 03:51 PM
    You might want ot try a different radio on your device, you can load a new radio by auto loader and its non-destructive so you wouldn't loose any of your info, just find out what Os your running and see what other radio's work with it and then just try a couple. you can find all OS and radio in this link below.

ps: just go to first post on this link.

BB10 OS Archive - Page 8 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    03-10-15 04:30 PM
    My average battery life's maximum 8 hrs and now it's 6
    I don't think it's data service problem for me
    My battery died

Attachment 340227

CB10 - Q10
    03-10-15 04:43 PM
    Thanks for the post been scratching my head all week trying to figure this out. I'm running the Rogers leak on a T-Mobile phone. Hopefully if they decide to release the update this decade it'll fix the problem.

Took my phone of the charger and it literally went from 100 to 91 in 2 mins. WTF!

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 10:41 PM
    Double check that dropbox, box and onedrive aren't set to sync off wifi. I made that mistake and dropbox killed my passport in about 7 hours - it shows as System in the device monitor.

But the same logic would exist for other apps too.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    03-10-15 11:37 PM
    Double check that dropbox, box and onedrive aren't set to sync off wifi. I made that mistake and dropbox killed my passport in about 7 hours - it shows as System in the device monitor.

But the same logic would exist for other apps too.

Why does is show as system? That's really misleading!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 02:11 AM
    Why does is show as system? That's really misleading!

Posted via CB10
    It's because blackberry runs it in the file manager, so it runs with bbry permissions. It also allows them to surpass the headless limitations for CPU and memory - which is dumb, because those limits are there to protect you.

Thesmartmale likes this.
    03-11-15 09:16 AM
    It's because blackberry runs it in the file manager, so it runs with bbry permissions. It also allows them to surpass the headless limitations for CPU and memory - which is dumb, because those limits are there to protect you.

Ok honestly your to smart for your britches.
    How do you remember all this stuff.

The best ever Passport
    03-11-15 09:47 AM
    Ok honestly your to smart for your britches.
    How do you remember all this stuff.

The best ever Passport
    They keep me locked in a basement with only my passport *sniff*!

Actually in my case I spent forever troubleshooting my passport to figure out how it could use a whole charge in 6 hours! It was bad wifi connections, so dropbox tried really hard to keep sending data and was burning up my battery. Clicking it off, and no issues! But then I sometimes need dropbox so...

anon(9208252) likes this.
    03-12-15 01:02 AM