I upgraded to 10.3.1.1581 on my Z10 last Friday. All week when sending text messages I would get a "failed to save message" after hitting send and the text would just disappear. After getting frustrated I looked around and figured my only option was a security wipe and restore.

I did a full backup, wiped the phone and restored it, but still had the same issue, but only with certain contacts. I wiped the phone again and tried sending some texts before completing the restore and had the exact same problem.

Everything else seems to be working fine (BBM, email, composing facebook statuses and tweets from the hub), it's just texts that seem to be problematic. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a fix?
    02-27-15 07:58 PM
    Well i hate to say it but restore might be the problem, at least try backing up but do not do the settings.
    02-27-15 08:03 PM
    The only problem I see with text messaging is the inconsistency of sending animation, sometimes when sending..the message glides up "I think thats the correct animation" but there were times that it pause for a while and then the message just pops up..im not sure if there are someone else experience that lag when sending text message..

Z10 STL100-2 | Official OS ver. 10.2.1.3247
    02-27-15 08:11 PM
    Unfortunately I don't think the restore is the problem. I had the same issue after the second security wipe without the restore.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 08:13 PM
    I had this same issues yesterday and I think I've found the solution. I had updated last week with no real texting issues until yesterday afternoon. Texts weren't going through, I was getting the "failed to save message" pop-up when trying to send a message, wasn't receiving anything but emails, facebook messaging and BBM was working just fine. When I occasionally was able to send a message it would hang FOREVER or when I went into an exiting conversation thread with a contact it would open up a new message thread like I had hit "compose" and then just hang. I started noticing my phone would get REALLY warm when I was trying to send a text and would stay warm and my battery would just drain even after I had it plugged in. Last night when it did this again I checked my device monitor and it showed Blackberry Blend was had used 85% of my battery life in 24 hours... a new app I don't use and hadn't even set up. I closed it and within minutes my phone had cooled down and my texting/SMS is working like normal. I'm able to send and receive messages just fine. I don't plan on using Blend because I don't own a tablet and don't plan to integrate my z10 with my computer much so closing it doesn't bother me at all.

Check your device monitors and see if this is your issue and let me know.
    03-01-15 12:37 PM
    I'm having the same issue. As soon as i try to send a txt, i might be able to send 1 but then, no more, just locks up and eventually get the "Failed to save message" error when pressing the send button a few times.

The txt does not send. I even tried deleted that persons txt history but it re-appears with the entire txting history. Very disapointing that BlackBerry fixed alot of issues but created a major issue with texting which is the most common way people communicate today. that's going to have a serious effect in doing business..

A solution better be found soon.
    03-01-15 03:05 PM
    I'm facing the exact same problem with my Q10: unable to send any sms after upgrading to OS 10.3.1.1565 and getting the "failed to save msg" msg.
    I've tried everything..nothing seems to work. I've also stopped the blend and still didn't resolve the matter. The conflict obviously occurs after you restore, because when I did the security wipe, texting worked.
    The extra heating of the battery is also occurring to me after the OS upgrade!

Very disappointing from BB....it's been hell using the phone without sms. Shame on you RIM!! Seriously considering to shift to other brand after more than 20 years with BB phones
    03-18-15 02:20 PM
    I found a "fix" that worked for me. I had to delete the chat of the person I was having problems send the MMS to. After I deleted the chat, MMS sending worked again. Hope this helps.
    03-24-15 12:21 PM
    Not sure if this issue has been resolved or not but, after experiencing the same problem, I googled about it myself.
    I found the following solutioon reddit;

Go to device monitor and force close blackberry blend. It should fix the problem.
    *Note: This has to be done every time the phone is rebooted.

Shame, Blackberry Blend is one of the features I was looking forward to using it. Oh well.. we wait for a fix.
    05-24-15 04:51 PM
    I was having this issue on my Z10 after the 10.3 update, I fiddled with my Text settings and seems to be fixed. 3 things I did- turned off 'enter key to send' turned on 'Confirm Delivery' Under MMS and turned on 'show SMS/MMS Mode Notifications' in MMS. I don't know which was the magic one, but no issues since. Whoa!!!
    07-23-15 11:12 PM
    I'm having the same problem with sending text messages, and I did delete the chat history, and the contact, and as soon as I tried to send a message to that new contact at the same phone number, all of the chat history is there again and the text would still not go through. I found a thread on here that indicated the issue is with Blackberry Blend. I shut that down and was able to send text messages to this contact again, but now, I cannot see her messages outgoing or inbound in the hub or text message centre and it does not alert me when I get a message from her. The incoming message is just there, unread, when I go to send her a message. Any thoughts?
    07-28-15 08:46 PM
    I was havng this same issue where it my text issues began immediately after upgrading to 10.3.2
    I was having to restart my phone after nearly every text and the biggest issue was texting my husband and daughter and we are all on the same account (Verizon). I saw the couple messages about Blackberry Blend, which was new with this update and checked it by going to:
    Settings > App Manager > Device Monitor > Blackberry Blend
    I was certain this was not going to be my issue because it was only showing using 14% of my battery in the last 24 hours, not the 85% the other user mentioned. (I had, however, noticed my battery life was much worse since doing this upgrade.)
    I hit "close" anyway and it asked me to confirm I wanted to stop Blackberry Blend from running and that all associated processes would stop with it. Since I wasn't using it as far as I was aware and despite having no clue which processes might be associated, I closed it anyway. I was so frustrated with the phone at this point I was considering just reactivating my old Curve and I've had 4 phones since that one!
    Anyway, this IMMEDIATELY solved my problems. My text function is now 100% back to normal. THanks to those that found this solution. I had never accessed Device Monitor before but I will certainly be watching it in the future!
    07-29-15 12:38 PM
    I was havng this same issue where it my text issues began immediately after upgrading to 10.3.2
    I was having to restart my phone after nearly every text and the biggest issue was texting my husband and daughter and we are all on the same account (Verizon). I saw the couple messages about Blackberry Blend, which was new with this update and checked it by going to:
    Settings > App Manager > Device Monitor > Blackberry Blend
    I was certain this was not going to be my issue because it was only showing using 14% of my battery in the last 24 hours, not the 85% the other user mentioned. (I had, however, noticed my battery life was much worse since doing this upgrade.)
    I hit "close" anyway and it asked me to confirm I wanted to stop Blackberry Blend from running and that all associated processes would stop with it. Since I wasn't using it as far as I was aware and despite having no clue which processes might be associated, I closed it anyway. I was so frustrated with the phone at this point I was considering just reactivating my old Curve and I've had 4 phones since that one!
    Anyway, this IMMEDIATELY solved my problems. My text function is now 100% back to normal. THanks to those that found this solution. I had never accessed Device Monitor before but I will certainly be watching it in the future!
    This is interesting. I had this problem with only two contacts on my Q10, one of them being my gf so it was impossibly frustrating to deal with that I upgraded and got a Classic.

While the times the texts didn't get the checkmark to indicate it was Sent, and appeared to be hung in limbo, in fact those messages still went through most of the time.

However, the "Failed to Save Message" texts that would disappear did not send and disappeared on the phone, and everytime opening a text from those two people, it would not even let me type a response until 30-60 seconds after getting in the screen. The little dot would to the far left of a message would be yellowish and once it finally turned gray I knew I could respond.

I just turned on that phone and checked Device Monitor for the hell of it and sure enough BlackBerry Blend had 38% CPU usage.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-29-15 02:54 PM
    I'm having the exact same issue. Were you able to figure it out?
    08-06-15 10:28 AM
    2 days ago I received a brand new BB Passport, I imported the contents of my old Z10 data etc. via BB link after downloading Blend/Link. Everything seemed fine, I was very happy with the phone until today when I tried to text someone via Blend's Control Panel. It did not have any of my previous texts on it (as my email accounts had), this didn't worry me too much as I suspected that these would populate with new texts. The one text that I sent in this manner did work. However, away from my computer later in the day I had to send some texts from my Passport; these just failed to send with that message appearing "Failed to save message." I've since followed the above threads and backed up, reset the phone to manufacturers settings then restored all my data but still have the same problem - can't send texts! What good is an all singing and dancing new Passport that can't send a simple text message? My old Z10 didn't have any problems, but on saying that I never used it with Blend; maybe the problem is linked to Blend?
    If there isn't any solution available now, or a promise of one very soon then I'll be sending my new phone back and will consider changing from BB after nearly two decades too!
    08-20-15 06:52 PM
    Exact same problem as everyone here, same solution, turned off blend, restarted phone, problem solved.

Thanks everybody
    09-18-15 12:16 AM
    Likewise today with my wife's Z10, 2639, cleanly reloaded yesterday (because of other issues), restored only media and apps, not Settings. She couldn't send pics with MMS. So I turned off Blend, and without restarting, she was able to send pics again. I haven't tried restarting Blend on her Z10, but she doesn't really use it, anyway.

No problems w my Passport SE and 2639 and with Blend on. Hard to explain.
    09-24-15 01:32 PM
    I'm back to the Failed to save message problem when trying to send MMS on my wife's Z10 with 2639 and now 2789. The 2639 was a fresh install with no restore of Settings, just media and apps, so it shouldn't affect text messages.

I've tried everything--setting Blend to off, removing it from Device Manager, hard rebooting--the whole works. Blend is definitely off. No luck.

Anyone have any ideas?
    10-01-15 11:56 AM
    Well, I deleted or rather ended a chat, and now it sends MMS again to that contact. I'll have to end the other chats as well, I guess, after saving all the pictures on those chats.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 12:39 PM
    Thank you!!!!!!! This worked for me! Why does blackberry always have these issues!!! I closed out blend and my texts seem to be back to normal. I felt like I was going to break the phone in tow if I didn't find a fix asap!!

I had this same issues yesterday and I think I've found the solution. I had updated last week with no real texting issues until yesterday afternoon. Texts weren't going through, I was getting the "failed to save message" pop-up when trying to send a message, wasn't receiving anything but emails, facebook messaging and BBM was working just fine. When I occasionally was able to send a message it would hang FOREVER or when I went into an exiting conversation thread with a contact it would open up a new message thread like I had hit "compose" and then just hang. I started noticing my phone would get REALLY warm when I was trying to send a text and would stay warm and my battery would just drain even after I had it plugged in. Last night when it did this again I checked my device monitor and it showed Blackberry Blend was had used 85% of my battery life in 24 hours... a new app I don't use and hadn't even set up. I closed it and within minutes my phone had cooled down and my texting/SMS is working like normal. I'm able to send and receive messages just fine. I don't plan on using Blend because I don't own a tablet and don't plan to integrate my z10 with my computer much so closing it doesn't bother me at all.

Check your device monitors and see if this is your issue and let me know.
    01-15-16 05:45 PM
    I've had the same issues for the last 2 days now and i tried everything in other posts including closing blackberry blend and messing with my message settings and it still will not work. i was almost switching my phone out with an older phone when i thought to delete older message as it could be because my message folder is full. i deleted a few messages and now i am able to send and receive messages. hope this works for you guys too.
    01-31-16 10:50 AM
    I found a "fix" that worked for me. I had to delete the chat of the person I was having problems send the MMS to. After I deleted the chat, MMS sending worked again. Hope this helps.
    Thanks. I just restored my Passport and had same issue.
    08-13-20 04:19 PM