Android: you might be right, I'm not exactly shure. However, my friend and I had the same Android device ~ 2 years ago, and received an update exactly at the same time, although being on different carriers.
    So bashing BlackBerry isn't really helping. The Android O/S (not oem manufacturer) has a larger market share than iOS, 52% vs 39% but yet they still don't have the clout to push out updates directly like Apple does. I used to have a Sprint branded Samsung Nexus S 4G phone. Now the Nexus line of Android phones are promised the newest unadulterated pure android updates at the earliest convenience to the customer. But guess what, when the ICS 4.0 update was released by Google in December of 2011, I never got it that day. I waited 5 whole months to get an OTA update from Sprint and at that point I just left for a Nokia N9 phone. So even with all the billions of dollars that Google sleeps on, they too can't dictate US carriers. Only Apple has the clout to bully carriers around.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 04:25 PM
    "You will be able to customize and review as long as you want, and I will push directly to users who didn't purchase through you, as soon as I have the update ready".
    What is the problem with that?
    How do the others do that (other than Apple)?
    BBRY the underdog of underdogs?
    I don't buy that.
    Remember blackberry bridge? When it allowed the PlayBook to share an Internet connection with the smartphone without additional fee? That's what carriers want to prevent by testing the OS before.

Also android are pushed out by carriers. Most of them never gets updated, especially the less popular devices.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 04:44 PM
    Stock Android updates are pushed by Google not the carriers..if you buy an Android phone from any carriers than you are at the mercy of them.
    Windows are through telcos.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-08-13 04:44 PM
    Im not a fan of Apple. But they got the update thing right in my opinion. But I�m not mad because my carrier is pretty supportive with updates. Get the latest updates pretty quick when they get released by BB
    06-08-13 05:12 PM
29 12