I have been there I mean most of us have been in given BB dev alpha and we have been there from the beginning of the development of BB10.When i first got the BB 10 looking build I was sooo excited,the ui was awesome.I played around with it for 5-10 min then I knew all the gestures.It felt sooo
    Good Maybe because I had PlayBook but the learning process was very much easy.

I get it those people who have never used a gesture based phone may feel hard.but not more than one day.the icons are well spaced and the Text is clear and crisp (350+ ppi isn't a joke)...keyboards isn't just awesomest but it is the best of the best.....tell your experience is it hard to get used to BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10 for BB10 Dev Alpha
    02-24-13 05:35 AM
    There are only a few "gestures" as far as I know which are just swipes in different directions and they also are similar to other phones. The swipe up from bottom combined with to the right is new but easy to follow and get.

If there are more gestures that I dunno of yet my bad

And the restart hub one.
    Not sure whats "hard" abt the z10 though.
    02-24-13 06:22 AM
    Only hard for people who have never used one.
    anon(4018671) likes this.
    02-24-13 06:26 AM
    I mean most of us have been in given BB dev alpha and we have been there from the beginning of the development of BB10.
    I think you over estimate the extent to which CrackBerry readers had access to pre-sale units (Dev Alphas).

Personnally, I only got my hands on a Z10, and therefore BB10, a few days ago.

Although I can definately say that I have no problems with the gesture based OS... and neither has anyone who has played (even temporarily) with my phone (once I told them a few of the gestures).

Si.
    02-24-13 06:57 AM
    Show your Z10 to your friends,relatives,parents...and check out their experiences and report them here.I just wanted to know.Cause a lot of them have been complaining about the usage.... i personally am in love with bb10...

02-24-13 07:08 AM
    My wife, who is very untech related, was able to figure out the Z10 in a matter of minutes.

To my surprise, she set up her own email, and set up her phone much to my surprise! I was expecting to have to show her how it all worked, but she really figured it out on her own.

I chuckle when I read these experienced tech reviewers complaining about the "steep" learning curve.
    02-24-13 07:10 AM
    I have 2 friends who One have iPhone 5 and other have a HTC One x+ and both want buy an Blackberry since i show them my BBZ10. They are so excited about. And my Girlfriend (she have SG3) wants also an BBZ10. Thats not a joke.
    02-24-13 07:16 AM
    My wife uses a Z10 and picked it up very quickly. I wouldn't describe it as a "steep" learning curve.

Now that it's been a couple weeks, I can't get her off the damned thing!

It's nice, I've been vindicated for my own BlackBerry crack addiction!

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 07:17 AM
    My wife uses a Z10 and picked it up very quickly. I wouldn't describe it as a "steep" learning curve.
    This is what I was talking about......

BlackBerry Z10: Steep Learning Curve, Decent Payof... - Silobreaker

"Steep" learning curve... LOL. If my wife can figure it out by herself, anybody can!
    02-24-13 07:23 AM
    When handling the playbook, my friends have to ask how to close an app. They get confused by the swipe up from the bottom. They don't seem to grasp the bezel is also part of the touch screen. Once I explain that the bezel is touch as well and everything is initiated from the bezels they figure it out pretty damn quick. One even figured out about the keyboard shortcut himself.

I really can't wait for the BB10 update. Or my Z10 for that matter.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-24-13 08:03 AM
    Two reasons:
    1) People don't like change. They like what they're comfortable with and what is familiar. Coming from either an older BB or another device the Z10 does many things in different ways. They have to learn new way to something they used to be able to do without thinking about. Many people don't like that. If they stick with it in no time they'll be doing the same thing the new way without thinking about it.

2) Some people are going to complain no matter what.
    Vorkosigan and bungaboy like this.
    02-24-13 08:20 AM
    Two reasons:
    1) People don't like change. They like what they're comfortable with and what is familiar. Coming from either an older BB or another device the Z10 does many things in different ways. They have to learn new way to something they used to be able to do without thinking about. Many people don't like that. If they stick with it in no time they'll be doing the same thing the new way without thinking about it.

2) Some people are going to complain no matter what.
    ^This.
    /
    It's not difficult to learn unless you expect/want it to be like what you had before. I find android and iphones difficult. I know that they really aren't but they are different to the way my pb and Z10 do things so I'd rather not learn them. It's just a personal thing.
    02-24-13 09:06 AM
    The z10 is amazingly intuitive. Anyone I show it to grasps it within seconds my wife included. The most painful part is trying to use her iphone5 after.

It's excruciating on the iphone5 trying to go from an app to another app to the settings menu etc.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    02-24-13 09:14 AM
    My wife is a technotard. She is not tech savy at all. When using an ipad the other day she tried to swipe up to minimize the app and was getting mad that it didn't do it that way.

I think I have her trained from the playbook.

Sent from my game boy color
    02-24-13 09:32 AM
    It's not hard. It is different, and inconsistent. It may just take some people longer than others.
    02-24-13 09:32 AM
    They are used to something else. "Open your mind and take the red pill"
    02-24-13 09:55 AM
    The "steep learning curve" is a result of the 'Dumbing Down" effect tecnology has on us... the ease of use is expcted by the average user... when that happens anything more complicated becomes confusing... just ask the average grocery check out clerk to make change without their register telling them how much to give you.... had my local store cash register go on the fritz..... the the clerk was lost on how to make change as she said "in school we did everyting by calculator"......
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-24-13 09:56 AM
    Who is "everyone? "

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 10:46 AM
    Also want to say that my girl isn't tech savvy at all and she found it addictive and fun, as per my post with the same name. All I did was set up her email and BBM and showed her the swipes. Granted it did take her a day or so to become confortable with it but once you do its very natural.

What was hard was the setup from BBOS 6 to BB10. Thats where they dropped the ball.
    02-24-13 10:50 AM
    I have been there I mean most of us have been in given BB dev alpha and we have been there from the beginning of the development of BB10.When i first got the BB 10 looking build I was sooo excited,the ui was awesome.I played around with it for 5-10 min then I knew all the gestures.It felt sooo
    Good Maybe because I had PlayBook but the learning process was very much easy.

I get it those people who have never used a gesture based phone may feel hard.but not more than one day.the icons are well spaced and the Text is clear and crisp (350+ ppi isn't a joke)...keyboards isn't just awesomest but it is the best of the best.....tell your experience is it hard to get used to BlackBerry 10

Some tech Bloggers are just below average intelligence, we got to be nice to them
    02-24-13 11:04 AM
    I am spreading the gestures ease of use to everyone so as when they meet Z10 they would like it.

02-24-13 11:53 AM
    Like someone said already, it's all about change.

Then there is the whole saga of people switching to BlackBerry for the Z10's and think it's the same as their other devices or believe it's easy to use as was the Legacy BBOS.

Anyone remember that thread where there are aall these Iphone people sitting in a room trying to figure out how to use the Z10? Lol, that's one reason too. IT's ALL NEW to them!
    02-24-13 01:24 PM
    My wife, who is very untech related, was able to figure out the Z10 in a matter of minutes.

To my surprise, she set up her own email, and set up her phone much to my surprise! I was expecting to have to show her how it all worked, but she really figured it out on her own.

I chuckle when I read these experienced tech reviewers complaining about the "steep" learning curve.
    According to those technology journalists it is clearly a case of your wife being a closet BlackBerry geek. LOL I found the BlackBerry Z10 gesture-based interface way easier to grasp than my first exposure to the BlackBerry PlayBook with which I struggled for a few days to fully understand.
    02-24-13 01:56 PM
    I dont know about that Iphone users never give my Z back for 20 minutes when they use it.But anyone finding it hard to remember basic gestures that nursery kids do with finger painting is straight up dumb.You cant remember basic gestures how bad is your basic maths and concentration.You struggle with these basic gestures you can't handle responsibility and your effin dumb seriiously.

To call the gestures hard or complex is laughable.
    bungaboy and chrissmartin like this.
    02-24-13 02:11 PM
    I think that the people who are claiming there's a steep learning curve are finding it difficult at first to "unlearn" how they used to do things on an iPhone. It has nothing to do with the Z10 gestures being difficult.
    02-24-13 02:44 PM
29 12