Use sicwipe to wipe it and use latest official os

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    06-01-14 04:03 AM
    I do have this problem once in a while, if I'm not patient I will go open the application. I usually get this problem on my WhatsApp, facebook or sms.

It will then go away by itself.

If I'm patient, I will restart my phone. Then wait a few minutes & it will be gone for a while. Maybe a few hours, days or weeks.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 04:04 AM
    Both

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    OK, so it looks as though not a comm/data flow problem. Next, remove/delete any downloaded media files in device memory, starting with video. Corrupted downloaded files seem to affect memory allotment, at least in my experience.
    06-01-14 06:04 AM
    It happens with me too every now and then. I'm on the latest 10.2.1.3175 with Z30. Mostly happens with BBM, when I click the conversation in HUB, it hangs for 3-5 seconds and nothing happens. Pretty annoying.
    06-01-14 07:19 AM
    Firstly, i see nothing wrong with the title of this thread. Secondly, the OP is simply frustrated because he's been having this same issue since he got his device over a year ago. Now, to those attacking the OP, you don't expect him to be happy with the situation, or do you?

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    donemt likes this.
    06-01-14 07:59 AM
    One more time....

[WARN]
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don�t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you�re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won�t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry![/WARN]

The OP's 'tone' has already been addressed. Keep the responses to the issue he's asking about, or don't comment at all.

Next time I have to pop in here, thread gets closed.

Thank you for your cooperation.
    BigBadWulf and Coffee Shampoo like this.
    06-01-14 08:20 AM
    Threads that turn into people defending or attacking the OP about his or her intent I always find amusing.

And yes I'm well aware of the fact that I'm not helping any by drawing attention to this but I did try to help earlier.

Edit: oops. I didn't notice the reply above mine. My apologies.
    Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 08:31 AM
    Hi OP. If removing the sd card doesn't work (and I do remember the SD cards causing some weird issues for people last year) then maybe you could list what types of accounts you have connecting to your HUB? That might help those here who are adept with these types issues to narrow down some possible solutions.

I've only ever had this issue with FB - and I don't use FB that much so it never bothered me.

I have 2 gmail accounts, 1 work email, twitter, bbm, text, linkedin and FB and of course phone in my hub. These are all though just standard. I don't have any third party apps in my HUB. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 08:32 AM
    I've experienced this issue from time to time. It is frustrating, but easily resolved by resetting the hub (5 45� swipes from top right corner).
    06-01-14 08:35 AM
    I've been running the phone with the SD card and the problem's only happened once with the e-mail, so, it seems like an improvement so far but I also had deleted everything so,I'll give it more hours before calling it victory...

Someone asked what my accounts were:

-BBM, Text Messages, WhatsApp, Gmail, Facebook, Twitter and Calls.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 10:28 AM
    I've been running the phone with the SD card and the problem's only happened once with the e-mail, so, it seems like an improvement so far but I also had deleted everything so,I'll give it more hours before calling it victory...

Posted via CB10
    That should not give you any issues, I've got about 7 emails, texts, twitter and calls.

No Facebook though and no long text messages. You've tried different OSs and Security wipes.

Maybe it's the text messages which is definitely a known problem.

Maybe too many attachments though I doubt it could / should cause trouble as I've got quite a lot.

If necessary and if you've got a memory card adapter that will fit on your laptop/comp, defragment it.

As a second last resort get a new sim card from your network provider (I know it sounds silly though).

Also for now run 10.2.1.375 if you still testing 10.3

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 11:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    Can you remove WhatsApp from the Hub?

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 11:52 AM
    Come on guys, it really happens and keeps on happening this issue and it hasn't gone till now.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 11:56 AM
    I do not think this is a software issue. I switched from a Q10 to a Z30 and have occasionally gone back to the Q10. There are 4 very active email accounts and a lot of texting. My Q10 is lagging compared to the Z30 which is instantaneous doing the same thing like opening email from the Hub. It also hesitates when I delete emails and this absent from the Z30. I have Q10's both on Verizon and ATT and it is the same for both carriers. The Z30 cured all of these issues. My thought is that the volume of email and texting and BBM occupies a lot of the processor which is maximally burdened. The Z30 breezes through this.
    06-01-14 12:01 PM
    Please how can I get my files that are mistakenly deleted from my BB10,please I need help,Modidd

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 12:04 PM
    As pain in the *** as this could be, try doing a factory reset on all your BlackBerry phones. Start from scratch.

Proud owner of Q10, Z10 and Z30
    06-01-14 12:06 PM
    If you have a back up, you can get it back.
    If not, it has said it's goodbyes.

Z30 - The BlackBerry Experience
    06-01-14 12:06 PM
    I have had my z30 for about four months now and everything - email, texts, whatsapp etc. opens instantly from the hub. I do not know why you're having this problem; could it be a network or mobile provider problem rather than the device itself? You could probably check with other people in your area or using your network provider to see if they are having a similar problem.
    06-01-14 12:40 PM
    Right, so many times that I try to open conversations, e-mails, sms, facebook, twitter or any item from the hub, it doesn't even open them! It looks like it will, leaves me hanging 5-10 seconds and nothing! Try again!

This problem has been going on ever since I got my BB10, I'm currently on a 10.3 leak and it doesn't seem to get any better, out of rage I just swapped my BlackBerry for my iPhone and I don't plan on going back (yeah, right, tomorrow I'll be turning on my Q10 again).

Anyway, I just wanted to rant as I'm pretty pissed off about it, how hard can it be to have a fully functional hub after 1 year of BlackBerry 10? The important thing is to know if I'm not alone on this, anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    I've experienced my fair share of bugs with my Q10, but amazingly, never this one. This did occasionally occur on my BBOS devices, however.

Going the the hub, I have the following:

SMS/MMS, BBM, Whatsapp, YIM, Twitter, 1x Office 365 Email and Calendar, 1 Gmail calendar, 2 Gmail emails accounts, 3 IMAP accounts (6 email accounts, 2 calendars in total, all set to "push). Office is workmail, and I can easily >100 emails, and multiple calendar emails daily from that alone, not to mention how many months of emails I have sitting in the hub.

The main difference here is that I don't use Facebook. Could that be it? If the problem continues, perhaps try disabling Facebook (if you haven't already), and see if the issue persists.
    06-01-14 12:51 PM
    I've experienced my fair share of bugs with my Q10, but amazingly, never this one. This did occasionally occur on my BBOS devices, however.

Going the the hub, I have the following:

SMS/MMS, BBM, Whatsapp, YIM, Twitter, 1x Office 365 Email and Calendar, 1 Gmail calendar, 2 Gmail emails accounts, 3 IMAP accounts (6 email accounts, 2 calendars in total, all set to "push). Office is workmail, and I can easily >100 emails, and multiple calendar emails daily from that alone, not to mention how many months of emails I have sitting in the hub.

The main difference here is that I don't use Facebook. Could that be it? If the problem continues, perhaps try disabling Facebook (if you haven't already), and see if the issue persists.
    I think I've tried it without Facebook alerady, but I'm not entirely sure... I'll give that a shot

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 01:35 PM
    I would try SIC wipe, and then install using an autoloader. Try that and see how it goes.

06-01-14 01:58 PM
    I would try SIC wipe, and then install using an autoloader. Try that and see how it goes.

What if someone out of Crackberry faces this issue who is gonna tell him that? I think fixing things with a wipe is the worst solution ever.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 02:51 PM
    Do you do anything to give it maintenance? I just delete conversations every now and then but it doesn't seem to help, at all!

Posted via CB10
    Have you got loads of SMS and emails in your hub? Just so you know, I sometimes experienced a bit of lag and blank hub type of issues. I cleaned up my email and deleted all my SMS (I don't get that many) and it's been running beautifully since then.

I think too many emails might cause problems - I had like 7K emails, synced Forever across five email accounts, three on Hotmail.
    06-01-14 02:59 PM
    OK, so it looks as though not a comm/data flow problem. Next, remove/delete any downloaded media files in device memory, starting with video. Corrupted downloaded files seem to affect memory allotment, at least in my experience.
    Thanks but I've found the solution to my problem.

It is caused by having a couple very very long sms conversations active. If I delete those when the hub lags and won't open some alerts then I'm good to go for another couple weeks until the text messages start to build up again.
    Not a big deal really as it's an easy fix. Just a pita when it all of a sudden happens and I'm trying to get something done quickly. Occasionally it will lock up as I'm sending a text in that long convo and the message screen goes blank so I can't read what the person just sent me until I reboot, then I need to delete the conversation history or it will happen again in a few minutes.

My problem seems to be text message specific but it affects other types of messages and alerts hanging and not opening like the OP says. So it may or may not be the exact same problem and solution that he us having, but it is an easy one to try

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    06-01-14 03:15 PM
    What if someone out of Crackberry faces this issue who is gonna tell him that? I think fixing things with a wipe is the worst solution ever.

Posted via CB10
    Well, that's the benefit of being a member of a forum. So, what would you rather him do? Because you didn't suggest a solution, yet told him not to follow mine.

06-01-14 03:19 PM
129 ... 23456