I've had these same issues with my hub. It's annoying as h*ll. I'm hoping an updated release would fix the issue.

Edit to say I love my phone though. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 01:19 PM
    I think the problem with this is the huge convos ( when happening to bbm or txt messages or whatever chat) , try to delete the convo and try again
    05-31-14 01:20 PM
    Your not alone. it use to happen to me about once or twice a day while running 10.2.1.x but after forgetting my device password and losing all info due to a security wipe, I went ahead and loaded 10.3 and don't think I've had it happen yet, which is nice. My question would be, since you're running 10.3, did you do a restore after installation? I had not done a restore since updating and it's been ok so far, for me.

Posted via CB10 via Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.296
    05-31-14 01:21 PM
    I would also caution against a restore. They tend to restore any glitches, corrupted files, etc, that were involved in backup, and they then create further issues.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-31-14 01:25 PM
    Why people uberhaupt complaining about a OS version that is not even launched. It's a leak you ............. who cares OS 10.2.1 works great for me
    05-31-14 01:33 PM
    OP, always load your OS before bed, so it can re sync while you're asleep. Try a clean install, without restoring from any.

Use SIC multiwipe too.

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    05-31-14 01:35 PM
    Why people uberhaupt complaining about a OS version that is not even launched. It's a leak you ............. who cares OS 10.2.1 works great for me
    Why do people post without reading carefully?

Posted via CB10
    moody and Mr.Willie like this.
    05-31-14 02:01 PM
    Your not alone. it use to happen to me about once or twice a day while running 10.2.1.x but after forgetting my device password and losing all info due to a security wipe, I went ahead and loaded 10.3 and don't think I've had it happen yet, which is nice. My question would be, since you're running 10.3, did you do a restore after installation? I had not done a restore since updating and it's been ok so far, for me.

Posted via CB10 via Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.296
    I didn't load a backup after installing 10.3, and it was the same case when my carrier sent 10.2.1 through :/ I don't know what could be causing this problem, some guy adviced to delete long conversations, but I already tried that, it doesn't just happen with conversations but e-mails and twitter too, not as often, but it still does.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 02:03 PM
    I don't know what to tell you. Long delays used to be with Facebook. Now it's twice as fast since the new Facebook update. Email in general I've never had delays.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    05-31-14 02:06 PM
    This same issue happens to me occasionally.

Rebooting the hub (5 swipes from the top right) sometimes fixes the problem but not usually. A full reboot of the phone will fix the problem temporarily but it will reoccur after a few hours...

I have found that the problem is related to having a few very very long text message conversations in the hub. Usually it only occurs after at least a few days of boot time as well.

If I delete these conversations (I save a backup first with SMS backup if it was an important convo I may need to revisit later), then the hub will function normally and open all my messages and alerts in the usual quick fashion.

This makes sense (imo) because the hub is probably overloaded keeping these huge conversations loaded in memory.

It would be nice if the hub would automatically archive long conversations such as these to keep it running smoothly. Friends with iphones complain of our long text convos causing their phones to lock up as well (complete phones though, not just the hub like us) so it's not just a blackberry issue

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    05-31-14 02:08 PM
    Oh yea, I'm on a z30 and had this issue on my q10 as well. Always running an official OS released by my carrier.

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.2180

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    05-31-14 02:10 PM
    On my Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296 I have to "double tap" messages in the Hub for them to open. No biggie, it's a leak...

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 02:14 PM
    All devices/OS's have some issues. It's about what you choose to tolerate. I have an iPhone 5 on my hip daily next to my Z30. It is work issued and I experience issues with iOS 7 on it from time to time.

It is what it is... If you want to decrease your chances of experiencing issues, I'd suggest getting off an unreleased OS and get back on something official, such as the 3175 that was just released.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque and edwardrulez like this.
    05-31-14 02:27 PM
    I used to have the issue with Facebook but it went away a few releases ago.
    It also lagged on text messages for about a day after a fresh install or upgrade. It always settled down though. Other than that I never ran into the issue.

Have you tried remove the account t from your phone (Facebook, email etc) restarting then adding them again?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 02:30 PM
    Ever tried reading?

Posted via CB10
    You are pretty antagonizing - you don't seem to understand that most people are not having your problem - maybe it's the apps on your phone or maybe you simply got a lemon but if you can't deal with it there is a simple fix - Use your iPhone!
    05-31-14 03:03 PM
    I used to have issues with facebook, and long text conversations but it was all fixed with the official 10.2.1 as far as I noticed. Are you restoring anything? 10.3 has issues and I'm not too harsh on it yet if it doesn't work yet

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 03:14 PM
    I get that from time to time. Its annoying a bit when the link doesn't open. But it's not that much of a problem for me.

? Is Dead!
    05-31-14 03:36 PM
    The OP has a point. It happened to me as well but it got away mostly with 10.2.1.3175 or something. The updated Facebook also gives much better hub speed. So I don't really have a problem right now. But seriously, do you think that an iPhone can beat a 5 second 'idle' on a BlackBerry ? Stupid!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Elite1; 05-31-14 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Removed insult
    05-31-14 03:53 PM
    after reading this thread I feel that most have either not read the OP or have been overly sensitive of OPs "tone". If people would address the content and not the perceived tone this thread might have been more useful.

I have not had the problems OP mentioned, though from other posters, I also dont have long text conversations in the hub.
    Last edited by Elite1; 05-31-14 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Removed quote of deleted post(s)
    05-31-14 03:58 PM
    Could be one of the apps interfacing with the hub. Try selectively disabling which types of messages display in the hub and see if that gets rid of the delay. Then turn them back on one at a time and see if one or more of them are causing your problem.

I have no delays at all; but I have no apps displaying in the hub (no FB, twitter, linkedin, etc), only two email accts, text, BBM chats -- no groups, phone calls and notifications.

Now for a little reminder on forum etiquette --

OP, you're not helping your cause by repeatedly telling people to read your post.

Everybody else, if you have something to say about the OP's issue, your input is welcome; otherwise if your only comment is about the OP's tone, don't comment.

Thank you.
    05-31-14 04:09 PM
    I have a Q10, Z10, and Z30. Not trying to rile you up but I don't have the troubles you seem to be facing.

I can understand your frustration. I am sorry this is happening to you.

Sent from the Berry keyboard via Tapatalk.
    Last edited by Septembersrain#AC; 05-31-14 at 04:29 PM.
    05-31-14 04:19 PM
    Coffee Shampoo, try this:
    This same issue happens to me occasionally.

Rebooting the hub (5 swipes from the top right) sometimes fixes the problem but not usually. A full reboot of the phone will fix the problem temporarily but it will reoccur after a few hours...

I have found that the problem is related to having a few very very long text message conversations in the hub. Usually it only occurs after at least a few days of boot time as well.

If I delete these conversations (I save a backup first with SMS backup if it was an important convo I may need to revisit later), then the hub will function normally and open all my messages and alerts in the usual quick fashion.

This makes sense (imo) because the hub is probably overloaded keeping these huge conversations loaded in memory.

It would be nice if the hub would automatically archive long conversations such as these to keep it running smoothly. Friends with iphones complain of our long text convos causing their phones to lock up as well (complete phones though, not just the hub like us) so it's not just a blackberry issue

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    Clear out long text conversations when you run into this problem and you will be good for quite a while until they start to build back up and bog down the hub.
    Long bbm chats (or other messaging apps) don't seem to have this problem because the hub appears to load them differently only keeping the last few messages loaded in memory, vs text messages seem to keep the entire chat loaded all the time.

I don't know the inner workings of the hub to be 100% positive that this is the reason, but it makes sense to me from a tech perspective and if I clear out a long text conversation then the problem of attempting to open something from the hub but it not actually loading is solved.
    FYI this is not text message specific as other apps and alerts are usually the ones that don't open, but clearing a long text convo solves the problem for the hub in general

Cheers

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    05-31-14 05:43 PM
    Ranting about an os that isn't meant for public release? Just great.
    You should read. He meant that even moving to 10.3 doesn't fix the situation.
    And yes I'm facing such issues since 10.1. Specially with Facebook.

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296
    05-31-14 05:45 PM
    You should read. He meant that even moving to 10.3 doesn't fix the situation.

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who can read...
    This issue happens regardless of official OS or leaked os...

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    05-31-14 05:47 PM
    Does it happen when you don't have any apps running with the hub? Just standard emails,bbm and sms etc. Someone said something about it before. Wonder if some app in particular is causing it.

The Z10
    05-31-14 05:58 PM
129 1234 ...