On my Q10, I have always had a customised ring tone for a couple of my contacts (since 10.2, if not earlier). Since 10.3.1, the customised ring tones still work, but they also work when the phone is in Vibrate Only or Silent mode. This didn't happen previous to 10.3.1 (they were silenced in Vibrate Only and Silent mode).

How can I get my phone to maintain the custom notifications whilst in Normal mode, but get the custom notifications overidden when in Vibrate Only or Silent mode (as was the case before 10.3.1.

I have been reading the forums and using Google for help before posting here, with minimal success. I did come across a CB thread (I can't include the link yet, as CB says I've not made enough posts yet to be permitted to include links), and although it's not the same issue, it does raise the noteworthy point that it is odd to advertise 10.3.1 as having custom notifications as a "new" feature, when myself and others have been using them since we first moved to BB10.

Any suggestions please?
    03-26-15 10:53 AM
    How can I get my phone to maintain the custom notifications whilst in Normal mode, but get the custom notifications overidden when in Vibrate Only or Silent mode (as was the case before 10.3.1.
    Yes, the custom Contact Notifications override the Notification Profiles by default. But try going into the custom Contact Notifications and set the app settings for phone/email/whatever you're trying to set as:
    Sound: Profile Setting
    Ringtone: (custom)
    Vibrate: Profile Setting

Does that fix your issue? It sounds like you might have Sound/Vibrate set to On instead of Profile Setting which overrides the Notification Profiles.
    Hope this helps!
    JackTColten likes this.
    03-26-15 12:58 PM
    Your suggestion fixed this issue - thank you!

I'd also like to commend you on your well written instructions. Very easy to follow.

Posted via CB10
    Thorsten Heinsight likes this.
    03-26-15 06:34 PM