I've got a brand new Q5 (with the latest 10.2.x operating system) and I'm trying to add my Google calendar. I've followed the instructions posted on this site that tell me to use CalDav.

Google is blocking the attempts to authorize. They sent me a note saying that the Blackberry is using a less secure method to access my account. I have the option to allow "less secure apps" to access my account but they strongly discourage it.

I searched the forums here but couldn't find any answers.

Anyone else had this problem? Is there any way to add a calendar that will satisfy Google's security concerns? Or is reducing security my only option?

Any help or ideas are appreciated!

Regards,
    Anthony
    11-12-14 08:11 PM
    Did you already add the Gmail email account? If so, go ahead and check you calender now.
    northsixty likes this.
    11-12-14 08:18 PM
    Gmail is working fine, but nothing in the calendar. I can't post links yet but here is what Google has to say:

Google may block sign in attempts from some apps or devices that do not use modern security standards. Since these apps and devices are easier to break into, blocking them helps keep your account safer.

Some examples of apps that do not support the latest security standards include:

The Mail app on your iPhone or iPad with iOS 6 or below
    The Mail app on your Windows phone preceding the 8.1 release
    Some Desktop mail clients like Microsoft Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird

Access your account

To help keep your account secure, we may block these less secure apps from accessing your account, and you’ll see a “Password incorrect” error when trying to sign in. If this is the case, you have two options:

Upgrade to a more secure app that uses the most up to date security measures. All Google products, like Gmail, use the latest security measures.
    Go to Allow less secure apps and choose “Allow” to let less secure apps access your Google account. We don't recommend this option because it may make it easier for someone to gain access to your account.
    11-12-14 10:51 PM
    Never see that... but as stated @MobileMadness002, use the credentials when you set a Google account to add email, contacts and calendar. Seems to be OAuth2 and working fine.

Do not set your Google calendar via CalDAV.
    northsixty likes this.
    11-13-14 09:28 AM
    OK, I get it. I was trying to follow the instructions posted here on crackberry dot com slash how-setup-gmail-your-blackberry-10-devce-using-imap-caldav-and-carddav (sorry I can't post links yet) that advise using the advanced settings tab to add email, calendar, contacts separately.

I just used the basic "add an account" feature and it synced all three at once. Thanks for the help!
    11-13-14 07:47 PM
    Separately, they can be added that way? Why would you do that willingly?

Mine always add at the same time using the add account function

Z30, Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1016, I missed you.
    11-13-14 08:57 PM
    I googled "add gmail to blackberry" and the article on this site was the first to come up. It looked credible so I gave it a shot. Why do it the easy way when there is a hard way?

I'm computer savvy but have never owned a mobile device up until now, so this is a first.
    11-13-14 09:27 PM