Hi guys, this is not the first time I get the download error after downloading a file with the bb10 browser on OS 10.3.3.

I cant download even a picture of 400kb without it falling, its that bad and am fed up already.

Why am I getting download error?-img_20170222_111305.png

If any one have experienced this before kindly walk me through solving this problem.

Note: I think it started in 10.3.2. Thank you

Posted via CB10
    02-22-17 04:17 AM
    Well, it goes without saying that you haven't done much in the way of setting thing up or doing much in the way of maintaining your device.
    and, I haven't ruled out malware and adware.
    Have you rebooted your device in the past 6 months.

Everytime you download something you drag a lot of useless files along with it (in the background. )
    To make any app (program) work smoothly you have to go into the programs setting and set it up. That includes your browser, too.
    Junk files don't just go away. and the longer you go with out rebooting, the slower your device will become. And, I'll bet you have used up most of your memory.. on the device and on your SD card. These are all the most common reasons for what you've described.
    The MOST common being how fed up people get due to their own lack of wanting to learn how to properly use things.
    I'm not pointing you out, personally, I'm just telling you what I have to tell too many people every day.
    One thing that is really helpful on mobile devices is thew HELP APP. Everything you could possibly want to know about your device is right under that app. LIke so many before you that I mentioned the help app too, They've thanked me for turning them on to it .
    Once you learn a few more basics you'll really start to enjoy your device.
    02-22-17 10:35 AM
    Well, it goes without saying that you haven't done much in the way of setting thing up or doing much in the way of maintaining your device.
    Have you rebooted your device in the past 6 months.

Everytime you download something you drag a lot of useless files along with it (in the background. )
    To make any app (program) work smoothly you have to go into the programs setting and set it up. That includes your browser, too.
    Junk files don't just go away. and the longer you go with out rebooting, the slower your device will become. And, I'll bet you have used up most of your memory.. on the device and on your SD card. These are all the most common reasons for what you've described.
    The MOST common being how fed up people get due to their own lack of wanting to learn how to properly use things.
    I'm not pointing you out, personally, I'm just telling you what I have to tell too many people every day.
    One thing that is really helpful on mobile devices is thew HELP APP. Everything you could possibly want to know about your device is right under that app. LIke so many before you that I mentioned the help app too, They've thanked me for turning them on to it .
    Once you learn a few more basics you'll really start to enjoy your device.
    This response doesn't seem very helpful.
    Malware? Effecting the native BlackBerry 10 Browser? I'm not saying it's technically impossible, but given there have been absolutely zero reports since the release of BlackBerry 10, I find this extremely unlikely.

The Help App does not seem to cover this scenario.

"Have you rebooted your device in the past 6 months."
    While rebooting is almost always worth a try, we do know that sir mictol updated the OS fairly recently (which requires a restart). We also know that the issue likely started BEFORE that update/restart.
    "To make any app (program) work smoothly you have to go into the programs setting and set it up. That includes your browser, too."
    No it doesn't. The Browser should (and usually does) work right out of the box without any setup required. In fact, changing to many settings is more likely to cause issues with certain sites than solve them.

"And, I'll bet you have used up most of your memory.. on the device and on your SD card. These are all the most common reasons for what you've described."
    sir mictol, have you checked to make sure there is room on the device for the download? I'm guessing this isn't the issue since your very small (400kb) download is failing, but its worth double checking anyways.
    02-22-17 10:59 AM
    [QUOTE=Lostboy5151;12773673]"Well, it goes without saying that you haven't done much in the way of setting thing up or doing much in the way of maintaining your device.
    Have you rebooted your device in the past 6 months."

Lol, it isnt a re-boot problem because I re-boot my device often. Also, have done several hard reset just to see if the problem will leave, cleared my browser's cookies and data during this period as well.

" And, I'll bet you have used up most of your memory.. on the device and on your SD card. These are all the most common reasons for what you've described.
    The MOST common being how fed up people get due to their own lack of wanting to learn how to properly use things."

I have enough space on my SD card. I dont save information to the device, they all go to the SD card. (still have like 6.5 gb on my device storage) it isnt a storage problem. I optimize my device well enough but this started around the same time youtube app stop playing in the background of my browser, the youtube app has since been fixed but this didnt go away.

Will like to point out that, I can download just fine with uc browser and opera mini on my device but not just the main BlackBerry browser.

Most item/data I download with the browser get to the very last end and then fail.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    02-22-17 01:52 PM
    "
    sir mictol, have you checked to make sure there is room on the device for the download? I'm guessing this isn't the issue since your very small (400kb) download is failing, but its worth double checking anyways.
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do have enough space on my device and SD card
    Why am I getting download error?-img_20170222_205430.png

Posted via CB10
    02-22-17 01:55 PM
    Have you tried downloading the same file on desktop or another phone? Just to make sure the file itself is downloadable.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-17 02:43 PM
    Have you tried downloading the same file on desktop or another phone? Just to make sure the file itself is downloadable.

Posted via CB10
    I tried downloading the same file on another browser using the same phone and it downloaded just fine. The BlackBerry browser doesn't download anything at this moment, they all just fail for some reason yet unknown, which baffles me.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    02-22-17 04:56 PM
    Have you tried downloading it in Desktop Mode?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-17 05:03 PM
    Poor Internet connection?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-17 11:17 PM
    Have you tried downloading it in Desktop Mode?

Posted via CB10
    Thank for the reply, will try this.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-17 01:17 AM
    I tried downloading the same file on another browser using the same phone and it downloaded just fine. The BlackBerry browser doesn't download anything at this moment, they all just fail for some reason yet unknown, which baffles me.

Posted via CB10
    WOW.. (regarding my first reply) when i get it wrong, I don't mess around!
    I wanna thank all that followed me, for their support for trying not to make me look bad!!

Funny thing, though. The one thing that you're really baffled about is the one thing that ISN'T baffling at all. Web browsers accessed from a computer are still far from perfect.
    And while there are many "mobile" browsers to choose from.... I don't think any of them are ready for primetime!!
    02-23-17 01:22 AM