The world is not a perfect place so us CB users have the right to give our own intakes on what we see on a maybe or maybe not final product. Most of us hope it is Not final product because like Howermat listed there are many things wrong. I agree on all of those and I'm sure RIM sees these issues too especially the Dots overlapping that's just poor layout design for right now.

This is a Make or Break for RIM. Everything has to be right or the press will destroy them and our loyalty to this company.

These criticisms will only make it better in the long run when the Better product is unveiled January 30th.

If something or someone is not critized, it, he or she will not grow or change. We need criticism in this world and saying what we Like or Don't like in a product that we are just Aching to have in our hands is fully acceptable.
    12-30-12 06:12 PM
    I just dont think Rim needs criticism to know that they cant launch a phone with overlapping dots or whatever. Just as we see the flaws they see them as well. BlackBerry10 was built on a PlayBook and a full touch screen device. Its gonna take time to make it work for a Qwerty device, many things will need to change and I have faith that Rim is capable. BlackBerry10 was built on all touch and making it work for a Qwerty with half the screen size is gonna take a good bit of work. This is why Z10 will hit the market and X will follow. It simply is not going to be ready. If it were ready Im sure they would launch both devices at the same time.
    When it launches Im certain it will be a good BlackBerry experience.
    When the dev alpha c is distributed and apps for the X can be submitted to appworld we will then know that Rim is close to finished on the Qwerty. As it stands right now neither of those two things have happened yet so my guess is the OS is still in its early stages. Keep calm and have faith in the bold the Qwerty will come but for now its all about the BlackBerry Z10
    toneytone likes this.
    12-30-12 07:03 PM
    I like how everyone assumes that this phone is running the latest version of the QWERTY BB10 software. Haven't people been playing with the QWERTY model for months now? This could easily be running an older version of the software, or simply be the version that RIM is showing around. There is absolutely no reason to think that the problems with the overlapping page selection dots and icons will be present at launch. That's the main thing that bothers me about all the negative comments. People are acting like this is a product on store shelves.

I don't think the app tray looks particularly polished either, but I'm confident that will change. As for the complaints about the hardware, it looks awesome to me. I'm at a loss as to how people can call this fugly. Then again, people were saying the same thing about the Z10 last month, now suddenly it's the most beautiful device in the world.
    Jonny-R likes this.
    12-30-12 07:09 PM
    As I said elsewhere, I wonder if we are not seeing the polished QWERTY OS because then we will not get the full bang for the buck at launch. I still have faith that TAT will wow us come Jan 30.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    12-31-12 02:59 AM
    yes and no. if this leak was 2 months ago i agree.
    How do you know when these photos were actually taken?
    12-31-12 03:16 AM
    How do you know when these photos were actually taken?
    the keyword was IF.

he never said he knew.

the software looks pretty bad atm on the x10. kinda reminds me of when i go into the office and someone is using 800x600 resolution on their conputers lol.
    hopefully it will be tidied up before the launch since its one of the launch devices.
    dont why people moan about the screen size. we all knew how big it was gonna be. also the phone looks like a bold 9900 to me so cant see why people are moaning there?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-31-12 03:48 AM
    yes and no. if this leak was 2 months ago i agree. But we are 30 days away from this being introduced and the whole thing being put up for everyone to see and try out. Its make or break on Jan 30th. I will cringe if i hear something along the lines of "incomplete" or "that is coming" etc. They need to have it ready and looking as good as it gets.
    Firstly, we do not know just how old that software actually is and while it is being introduced in a month's time and secondly it is still another month or so away from launching which seems like plenty of time for the actual n-series ui to be implemented because the reality right now is that any devs that are working on that kind of thing in rim right now will be busily tweaking the final l-series software since that one is the earlier and far more important part of the bb10 launch.

Right now, it would not surprise me if the n-series projects are having to limp along with the only real attention being common fixes that have come from work on l-series and some fixes in areas where the people working on l-series are starting to be freed up.
    12-31-12 04:14 AM
    the keyword was IF.

he never said he knew.

the software looks pretty bad atm on the x10.
    That's my point. Very few people know what the actual keyboard device looks like, yet a lot of people such as yourself (see the bolded part) just assume the photos are current. A lot of the photos of the L-series devices may have been taken long before they were leaked to the public, based on what was shown on the calendars. Have the Dev Alpha C devices even been released to developers yet? I'll reserve judgement of the device until January 30th because it's obvious to me personally that it will look a lot different by then.
    12-31-12 06:23 AM
    That's my point. Very few people know what the actual keyboard device looks like, yet a lot of people such as yourself (see the bolded part) just assume the photos are current. A lot of the photos of the L-series devices may have been taken long before they were leaked to the public, based on what was shown on the calendars. Have the Dev Alpha C devices even been released to developers yet? I'll reserve judgement of the device until January 30th because it's obvious to me personally that it will look a lot different by then.
    the photos are taken Dec 27th...we dont know how recent the build is of the OS I agree but we do know when the pics where taken
    12-31-12 06:26 AM
    The problem is if you look at this, its a mess. Very unprofessional looking in some cases. These are a few areas the need improved on IMO

• The dots overlap the icons
    • The bottom bar with search camera and phone is HUGE
    • The icons IMO are too big for the screen size.
    • Blackberry branding again is big and not needed there IMO

Attachment 129891

There is no logical reason for this even on an early software build because look at all the empty space above the top row of icons. Just move the icons a few mm closer to the status bar and problem solved. It's just plain lazy that it was even let out of the building like that

Another super easy fix that I have no clue why RIM has not don for BOTH the L and N series. Hide the Action bar! Make it accessible through the "peek" gesture from anywhere in the OS. Problem solved and yet it's still always only one flick away no matter what app you're in.

Yes, the icons do need to shrink on the N-Series phones. If they take my advice above and hide the action bar in the "peek" and shrink the icons a little then they can silence all the critics because voila, you now have room for a 3rd row of icons and the UI doesn't look so rediculious

I have my worries about this hardware too. But the big forehead and Blackberry badge are the least of them. How will you use gestures on this device when virtually every gesture on both the Playbook and L-series begins from the bezel under the bottom of the screen? I don't know about you, but my thumbs are wider then the 3mm bezel between the keys and the screen on that phone. If there is a whole separate set of gestures for the N-series then RIM is really in trouble with consumers. Even worse if the L-series relies on gestures and the N-series relies on keyboard shortcuts. There really needs to be 100% consistency in navigating both devices. There has to be one main user paradigm regardless of whether it's a BB 10 all touch phone, QWERTY phone, or tablet. Anything else is failure.
    12-31-12 06:39 AM
    The problem is if you look at this, its a mess. Very unprofessional looking in some cases. These are a few areas the need improved on IMO

Attachment 129891

Now i know the SDK in not final for this device and things can and will change before release so that is good but its just things like this that I would hope RIM was beyond at this point. Its almost like the took the bb10 for the L series and slapped in on the N device right now. Whether that means they are pretty far from release ready N series I dont know, time will tell
    absolutely agree with your comment..
    12-31-12 06:48 AM
    yes and no. if this leak was 2 months ago i agree. But we are 30 days away from this being introduced and the whole thing being put up for everyone to see and try out. Its make or break on Jan 30th. I will cringe if i hear something along the lines of "incomplete" or "that is coming" etc. They need to have it ready and looking as good as it gets.
    How about the fact that this is the first release of the QWERTY what about that? Was it in RIM's plan to release the keyboard version on the same day or did they not say it will be released at a later date? Isnt this an example of criticism without much reason?
    Last edited by collinc93; 12-31-12 at 08:51 AM.
    12-31-12 08:38 AM

There is no logical reason for this even on an early software build because look at all the empty space above the top row of icons. Just move the icons a few mm closer to the status bar and problem solved. It's just plain lazy that it was even let out of the building like that

Another super easy fix that I have no clue why RIM has not don for BOTH the L and N series. Hide the Action bar! Make it accessible through the "peek" gesture from anywhere in the OS. Problem solved and yet it's still always only one flick away no matter what app you're in.

Yes, the icons do need to shrink on the N-Series phones. If they take my advice above and hide the action bar in the "peek" and shrink the icons a little then they can silence all the critics because voila, you now have room for a 3rd row of icons and the UI doesn't look so rediculious

I have my worries about this hardware too. But the big forehead and Blackberry badge are the least of them. How will you use gestures on this device when virtually every gesture on both the Playbook and L-series begins from the bezel under the bottom of the screen? I don't know about you, but my thumbs are wider then the 3mm bezel between the keys and the screen on that phone. If there is a whole separate set of gestures for the N-series then RIM is really in trouble with consumers. Even worse if the L-series relies on gestures and the N-series relies on keyboard shortcuts. There really needs to be 100% consistency in navigating both devices. There has to be one main user paradigm regardless of whether it's a BB 10 all touch phone, QWERTY phone, or tablet. Anything else is failure.
    How will you feel when the proper specs come out and you are left looking like a knob? 'Plain Lazy'? wow....I am nonplussed
    12-31-12 08:44 AM
    It is clear from the pics that BB10 UI was designed for a 1280x720 ratio, and the 720x720 is only there for QWERTY, and RIM probably expects the QWERTY to sell much less, and probably eventualy die or be replaced totally by a slider at some point. The market is demanding great all touch experience, not QWERTY, and RIM is putting its main effort toward the best all touch experience.
    anon(1005582) likes this.
    12-31-12 10:22 AM
    Unfortunately, BlackBerry 10 will not have third-party theme support. It's possible that some kind of "jailbreak" or "rooting" procedure will be developed at some point which will change that, but officially, there will be no custom themes.
    Highly unlikely that BB10 will have jailbreaking capabilities. None of the previous BB have been able to been jail broken (which is what makes BB's so great).
    12-31-12 10:38 AM
    How about the fact that this is the first release of the QWERTY what about that? Was it in RIM's plan to release the keyboard version on the same day or did they not say it will be released at a later date? Isnt this an example of criticism without much reason?
    They were going to release the qwerty on a different time but that was under the original timeline of the full touch releasing in 2012 4th quarter not 2013.
    12-31-12 10:57 AM
    when i say atm, i mean with the information we have got, not the latest software to date. i'm not assuming anything excpet with latest information. sorry if that wasnt clear.
    for now i will assume this is latest software until i'm shown something different, and then i will adjust my views accordingly. but i'm not going to come up with a different outlook based on the fact the pictures MAY be old. No i'm aware they may be old, but they're all we have to judge from for now, and until more comes out, everything else is conjecture
    But i wont say its final software until we're told its final
    Masahiro likes this.
    12-31-12 11:41 AM
    Qwerty is launching "soon" after the Z-10 Rim wants the focus on the Z-10. The Qwerty will not launch at the same time.
    They were going to release the qwerty on a different time but that was under the original timeline of the full touch releasing in 2012 4th quarter not 2013.
    12-31-12 03:13 PM
    Both should be fully debuted on Jan 30th though IMO. Meaning that both OS's need to be ready to shine.
    12-31-12 05:17 PM
    I've got 16 icons on my OS6 Torch. I'm gonna assume that the screen sizes will be similar in height, with the X10 being even wider. I touch all of them with ease with average sized fingers. I'm sure the X10 will have at least 3 rows of 4 icons if not 4 of 4.
    12-31-12 08:09 PM
    The delay to the first device is obviously going to have had a knock-on effect on subsequent projects too though due to dev resources not being freed up when expected.
    01-01-13 02:34 AM
    The delay to the first device is obviously going to have had a knock-on effect on subsequent projects too though due to dev resources not being freed up when expected.
    But some devs could be freed up if they have already made and submitted their apps for the L series. All they need is the full API tools to make the apps for the QWERTY.
    01-01-13 05:50 PM
    How will you feel when the proper specs come out and you are left looking like a knob? 'Plain Lazy'? wow....I am nonplussed

In what part of anything I said did I talk about specs other then the potential problems with the hardware design when it comes to performing the gestures that we have all seen as a means of navigating the OS on the full touch Z10?

I was only talking about how this build of BB 10 as it appears on this phone looks like the X10 was a total afterthought at RIM and that this device should never have been let out of the building with such a poor implementation of BB 10. This is the last chance RIM has and if BB 10 looks like garbage on the QWERTY model and you have to learn a whole bunch of short cuts or different gestures to navigate it vs the all touch models, RIM has failed. They have to nail BOTH styles and they have to have ONE user paradigm for navigating BB 10 on BlackBerry phones. Let Automakers and other OEMs using QNX do what ever the **** they want with the UI but BlackBerry must have a simple and consistent user paradigm no matter what model you're using.

I really hope for the sake of RIM and BlackBerry that this is so far from the final release software that we are all laughing about this thread on Jan 30.
    01-01-13 07:25 PM
    I don't care for the over sized icons, but that's not really what bugs me. The overall design of the phone, especially the back panel, is terrible. I wanted this phone but now I'm torn between it and the full touch model. I guess we shouldn't make any judgments yet but still... To people saying "wait till launch, your gonna fell dumb" I really hope your right.
    01-01-13 07:31 PM
    people behave as if this is the final build, need more proof?

Check out this horribly running demo of OS 7 leaked in Feb'2011 (then the Torch went on to debut in May at Blackberry World).

two months latter here is the progress shown in the next leak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=X1oLih6kbKs

more coming check out this post: http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...series-760250/
    Last edited by sf49ers; 01-01-13 at 07:58 PM.
    01-01-13 07:47 PM
52 123