Now that BlackBerry is open to licensing deals what manufacturer would you like to see sign a deal.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    07-10-13 02:20 PM
    Now that BlackBerry is open to licensing deals what manufacturer would you like to see sign a deal.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    There is a company near here working on "smart" toilets like they have in Japan....
    07-10-13 02:25 PM
    No one... give me an example of where this model excels??? Android is free, so blackberry can't go that way, WP8 is any more successful than BlackBerry so that doesn't make sense... it's my belief that if they license BB10 it would go the way of WebOS which isn't a good way. Bottom line is no one will take as much risk with BlackBerry as BlackBerry and unfortunately taking big risks is the only way they will succeed! They are trying for an image overhaul and I hope they succeed because I love my Z10...

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 02:48 PM
    Nokia. It won't happen but I like the idea. I would buy that combo in a flash.
    07-10-13 03:46 PM
    Microsoft should buy BlackBerry. They could combine IP and offer a totally new product.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 04:25 PM
    Absolutely nobody.
    07-10-13 04:33 PM
    Packard Bell
    07-10-13 04:35 PM
    Sony?

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-10-13 04:36 PM
    No one... give me an example of where this model excels??? Android is free, so blackberry can't go that way, WP8 is any more successful than BlackBerry so that doesn't make sense... it's my belief that if they license BB10 it would go the way of WebOS which isn't a good way. Bottom line is no one will take as much risk with BlackBerry as BlackBerry and unfortunately taking big risks is the only way they will succeed! They are trying for an image overhaul and I hope they succeed because I love my Z10...

Posted via CB10
    +1!

This is what I feel as well. For a company like BlackBerry, I don't think licensing the OS to another smartphone/tablet manufacturer fits in with their business model. For BlackBerry (and Apple, for that matter), the goal is to make an entire experience unlike no other and one that's unified across any medium. BlackBerry knows that in order to do this, it must control all aspects of the final product that it puts out. Licensing the OS takes half of the control out of BlackBerry's hands and it then has to depend upon another entity to deliver. Microsoft realized this, I think, and is working closer with Nokia than with any other company that licenses Windows Phone.

We know BlackBerry can make great hardware. I love BlackBerry devices as well as the software underneath. For me, losing either one would be a blow to me as a BlackBerry user. In fact, part of the reason BlackBerry has the market share that it does is due to hardware (physical keyboards). I think the company is capable of making exceptionally beautiful hardware (a la Bold 9900). Giving up hardware means that there is less potential for BlackBerry to increase its market share through the hardware advantage it already holds.

In my opinion, I simply admire companies like BlackBerry and Apple because, for them, the user experience is more important than "bragging rights" over the competition. Instead of throwing the kitchen sink at the device and hoping that it works, both take the time to refine the one part of the device that users actually interact with; the software. They use the hardware to make the user experience much better than what device manufacturers like Samsung and HTC do with free software.

In my opinion, BlackBerry should take an "Apple-esque" route and start using more marketing terms. For instance, in regards to the debate over whether the supposed "Aristo" should have a 720p screen resolution to appease developers or a 1080p screen resolution to win over more customers through hardware, look at how Apple is competing with such devices. The iPhone 5 is widely praised for having a beautiful screen (and having one in my house, I can attest to that). The iPhone 5 doesn't even have a 720p screen resolution! Instead, asking most iPhone users about the kind of display they have would warrant a response most likely including the phrase "Retina Display." I'm fairly certain that most iPhone users (or most people in general) don't even know what a "Retina Display" is or what standards must be met in order to be considered "Retina", yet Apple has made their users feel like they have something special which, in reality from a purely technical standpoint, isn't special at all and is even behind what competing devices have. BlackBerry needs to do the same. BlackBerry should do the same and make consumers actually feel that they have something special and that if don't have a BlackBerry, they are truly missing out on something special. After, BlackBerry 10 is truly a special OS!
    07-10-13 09:21 PM
    Anyone with cash I would think.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-10-13 10:23 PM
    Sony, look at those awesome new waterproof xperia phones, if only they ran on BB10...

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 10:32 PM
    This model may excel with limited number of manufacturers (two or three at most), with strict hardware limitations. And BBRY should never let manufacturers install their crappy bloatware. Then, this model may be a success story. If it goes Android route, it will fail.
    And Sony may be an example, but will they bother? Panasonic may be another manufacturer (regarding their quality and dependability), but they long dismissed global GSM market, they play in their homeland now.
    07-11-13 01:51 AM
    It's funny how everyone always thinks Smartphones when BlackBerry talks about licensing BB10. How about cars, maybe home automation, and appliances. It's not all about phones. BlackBerry has to find where the potential growth areas are outside of phones and start making inroads.

Posted via CB10
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    07-11-13 04:54 AM
    It's funny how everyone always thinks Smartphones when BlackBerry talks about licensing BB10. How about cars, maybe home automation, and appliances. It's not all about phones. BlackBerry has to find where the potential growth areas are outside of phones and start making inroads.

Posted via CB10
    This is what I've been thinking as well. But BlackBerry's vision involves a world powered by your own personal phone. BlackBerry 10 could (and most probably will) be licensed to car and appliance manufacturers, but when it comes to the phone, I think BlackBerry will exercise total control over it.
    07-11-13 10:35 AM
    This is what I've been thinking as well. But BlackBerry's vision involves a world powered by your own personal phone. BlackBerry 10 could (and most probably will) be licensed to car and appliance manufacturers, but when it comes to the phone, I think BlackBerry will exercise total control over it.
    Well, in that case, Ford. Their Microsoft system is quite derpy.
    07-11-13 11:11 AM
    Packard Bell
    I was going to suggest Tandy, or no one!

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 11:13 AM
    It won't happen. No takers. I love BlackBerry 10 but honestly who is going to license it until it is a proven money maker? Someone would buy it but at a firesale price. Again not great.

Free is a different story. Like android. But free ain't an option. Not with BlackBerrys current business model.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    07-12-13 04:04 PM
    Sony

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    07-12-13 04:11 PM
    Play station 4 with a new Sony tablet with bb10.... awesome sauce...

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-12-13 04:17 PM
    It won't happen. No takers. I love BlackBerry 10 but honestly who is going to license it until it is a proven money maker? Someone would buy it but at a firesale price. Again not great.

Free is a different story. Like android. But free ain't an option. Not with BlackBerrys current business model.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    Agreed. Like the Dragons on Dragons' Den say, how are you going to franchise your idea if you can't show you have a profitable business model?
    07-12-13 04:25 PM
    Nokia and HTC

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 05:40 PM