Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Who here uses Pin-to-Pin messaging?

I was wondering who on CB uses pin messages? In what situations do you uses pin vs bbm?

Thanks

Only situation I can think of going PIN-to-PIN is when you want whatever you say to be listed individually in the receiver's inbox.

But then, you could send an email...

So, beats me.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    8,503 Global Posts
    PIN
    2ADC9E24

I use it all the time, sometimes when I just want a quick answer but don't care to have them on BBM.

Also I recieve a lot of questions via PIN to PIN, and I'm assuming for the same reason.
    Device: BlackBerry Q10/Moto X
    Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1/iPad 16GB 2nd Gen​
    Twitter: @simundsonk
    CrackBerry Abuser

I used to use it all the time but hardly anyone I know has a BlackBerry now. It was great when my carrier started charging me for texts from Canada to my American g/f. PIN messaging is free to any BlackBerry device in the world. Also, unlike sms there is no message length limit, and each message has a subject header. Sms is a joke by comparison.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Honestly, I am not even sure what Pin-to-Pin messaging is. How does it differ from BBM. Will someone please explain it to me?
    FryBerry

Liking the Chen Master

Quote Originally Posted by FryBerry View Post
    Honestly, I am not even sure what Pin-to-Pin messaging is. How does it differ from BBM. Will someone please explain it to me?
    Think of an email. But instead of adding the email address to the To: field, you add a PIN. Works the very same way. Shows in the inbox/HUB the very same way.

See the difference?
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel