I was wondering who on CB uses pin messages? In what situations do you uses pin vs bbm?

Thanks
    06-21-13 09:15 AM
    Only situation I can think of going PIN-to-PIN is when you want whatever you say to be listed individually in the receiver's inbox.

But then, you could send an email...

So, beats me.
    06-21-13 09:19 AM
    I use it all the time, sometimes when I just want a quick answer but don't care to have them on BBM.

Also I recieve a lot of questions via PIN to PIN, and I'm assuming for the same reason.
    06-21-13 09:19 AM
    I used to use it all the time but hardly anyone I know has a BlackBerry now. It was great when my carrier started charging me for texts from Canada to my American g/f. PIN messaging is free to any BlackBerry device in the world. Also, unlike sms there is no message length limit, and each message has a subject header. Sms is a joke by comparison.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 10:45 AM
    Honestly, I am not even sure what Pin-to-Pin messaging is. How does it differ from BBM. Will someone please explain it to me?
    06-21-13 10:52 AM
    Honestly, I am not even sure what Pin-to-Pin messaging is. How does it differ from BBM. Will someone please explain it to me?
    Think of an email. But instead of adding the email address to the To: field, you add a PIN. Works the very same way. Shows in the inbox/HUB the very same way.

See the difference?
    06-21-13 01:11 PM