With the best keyboard on any phone ever who uses the space button any more, I don't think I've used it in about a week haha
    Once your phone learns the key words and phrases it's just a case of typing few letters and flicking sometimes it's the case I don't even have to type any letters and just have to flick
    Absolutely love it

Posted From Z30/10.2.0.224
    11-07-13 11:22 AM
    I hardly flick words. Its faster for me to type it out almost as the flick isnt very relieable at guessing in my experience
    11-07-13 11:30 AM
    I never use the flick feature, always just type it out myself.
    11-07-13 11:31 AM
    LoL it's true sometimes. I can write quite a lot and the space bat on my Z10 is only used ending sentences with a period to start next one.

I've made quite a lot of custom Word Substitution entries too, so this increases the speed & efficiency even more for me.
    11-07-13 11:32 AM
    I do all the time.

BB Proud
    11-07-13 11:33 AM
    Usually only when the word I want is there.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 11:38 AM
    It's half half. I have this way of typing where I just type normally and only for the longer words so I notice and flick them up. It's slower to flick for anything under 3 letters.
    11-07-13 11:58 AM
    I flick whenever I have the chance. So it's about 2/3 flicking for me.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10.
    11-07-13 02:33 PM
    I flick occasionally. The problem with flick is the same word continues to be predicted as I type it out. To make it really efficient, it should change if I skip over the predicted word.
    11-07-13 02:38 PM
    I hardly flick words. Its faster for me to type it out almost as the flick isnt very relieable at guessing in my experience
    If you don't flick then the bb10 keyboard can't learn. every flick teaches it your preferred words.... only then will it achieve Jedi status.

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    11-07-13 02:42 PM
    I find the flick pretty useless (besides teaching words) unless you absolutely must type with one hand
    11-07-13 03:11 PM
    I don't yet have a Z30 but have played around with a Z10 in a store. I want the keyboard to be good. But it seems to be that the word suggestions are too small to be helpful. I am starting to deal with presbyopia being in my 40s now and I wish Blackberry would allow the option of regular Swiftkey to have that row of suggestions above the keyboard. It's easier to see than those tiny ghost words hovering over keys. Am I alone here? Everyone else younger with perfect near vision? :-p
    11-11-13 02:59 PM
    I don't yet have a Z30 but have played around with a Z10 in a store. I want the keyboard to be good. But it seems to be that the word suggestions are too small to be helpful. I am starting to deal with presbyopia being in my 40s now and I wish Blackberry would allow the option of regular Swiftkey to have that row of suggestions above the keyboard. It's easier to see than those tiny ghost words hovering over keys. Am I alone here? Everyone else younger with perfect near vision? :-p
    You can make it that way if you prefer.

Who actually even uses space button?-img_00000031.png
    Who actually even uses space button?-img_00000032.png

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer and SethDove like this.
    11-11-13 03:16 PM
    I use the space bar all the time to close the keyboard and double tapping for periods. I only flick when I'm one handing it.

I too, am faster just banging it out and letting the auto correct take care of things. I find when flicking I have to stop and think if that's the word I'm looking for.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 03:19 PM
    I use the flick 25% of the time, still very good

Posted from my awesome Z30 on O2 UK with 10.2.0.224
    11-11-13 03:35 PM
    I use the space key /space bar frequently especially whenever I have remotely connected to a *nix server. I don't think BlackBerry 10's auto-completion handles the Bourne Again Shell (bash) scripting language. The two keys I miss on my BlackBerry Z10 is ESCape and TAB; who designs a keyboard-enabled smartphone without these vital keys?
    11-11-13 03:53 PM
    I have to use space button a lot. My keyboard likes to auto-correct "Yo" to "To" and it's ruining my street-cred.
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-11-13 03:56 PM
    Try using not only word flick but also word substitution at the same time. Then try to use any other device or a computer, talk about getting stuck.

Reminds me of that move Idiocracy, once you go out on that fringe it's hard to get back.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 04:30 PM
    I use it a lot as do a majority of ppl I know who constantly use more than one language every day.

It is only or mostly in English speaking countries that people only use one language, most people in other countries speak at least 2 and in many cases mix them during normal conversation.
    11-11-13 04:45 PM
    I flick about 25% of the time. The most used flick is to erase the whole word. The most difficult part for me was to continue typing when I see that I mistyped a letter or two. I used physical keyboard before and always wanted to correct. But the auto correct is so efficient for me (small dictionary) so I always type and then see if it did a good job and if not the I swipe back. It's kind of difficult to read and type at the same time.

And in other languages the auto correct is not that great

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 05:11 PM
    I have to use space button a lot. My keyboard likes to auto-correct "Yo" to "To" and it's ruining my street-cred.
    Flick up Yo from the space bar so that the keyboard learns that Yo is not To. It will learn this very quickly.. but you have to teach it by flicking the word... Yo.

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    11-11-13 08:46 PM