OMG, is this thread still alive?
    Like it was said : you only advertise what a person can buy or order just after watching the ad!
    Anticipation is a good thing for something brand new, in Rim's case the anticipation ads would only highlight the existing products and current bad image.

Everything is going ok for Rim so far, in my opinion. I mean if you take into consideration their current position, image and what they can possibly do.
    Some find it frustrating that there is no public fever about it, but let's be honest, Rim is not just able to do it right now. Let's hope it will change a bit when the phone is out.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-21-13 12:31 AM
    OMG, is this thread still alive?
    Like it was said : you only advertise what a person can buy or order just after watching the ad!
    Anticipation is a good thing for something brand new, in Rim's case the anticipation ads would only highlight the existing products and current bad image.

Everything is going ok for Rim so far, in my opinion. I mean if you take into consideration their current position, image and what they can possibly do.
    Some find it frustrating that there is no public fever about it, but let's be honest, Rim is not just able to do it right now. Let's hope it will change a bit when the phone is out.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    But this is exactly what RIM is going to do on the 30th. The global launch on the 30th is one big global ad showing off BB10 OS and the physical phone to the world. Many of us will still have to wait for awhile before we can buy BB10 afaik.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-21-13 01:00 AM
    That fluff you see on TV (actually you don't see it on TV) is what's going to make or break BB at this point. I've said it over and over on here, if BB relies on in store salesman and in store demos to sell their products then they 100% done and will be non existent within 1-2 years.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Who here is suggesting that RIM is exclusively depending on retail staff and demos? If you think that's all they're doing then you aren't getting out much.

Again, RIM doesn't need to raise brand awareness. They already have one of the most recognizable brands in the world. In a way, that's part of their problem. Many Americans associate them with 1) a phone that's forced on you by your employer, 2) a phone that's desperately uncool and 3) a phone that's much more conservative than the cool, trendy iPhone.

Given that baggage, it's hard to imagine a pitch that RIM can make that will change their image. What will redeem RIM for consumers is simple: a great product. One that works in your hand, not just in the TV ads. One that has all the apps you want (or at least "enough").

Seriously, the pitch is the product itself. After the 30th, they can go full-throttle.
    01-21-13 01:15 AM
    Superbowl is on Feb 3rd. If RIM doesn't have advertisements running during that, they need to give their head a shake.

Perfect opportunity to reach a massive audience 3 days after your product has officially launched. I hope they make some great commercials...their previous commercials have been pretty terrible. No one cares if Tiesto is flying around the world DJing and using his BlackBerry to keep in touch with his friends. Show us what the phone does better than the competition.
    01-21-13 02:49 AM
    Superbowl is on Feb 3rd. If RIM doesn't have advertisements running during that, they need to give their head a shake.

Perfect opportunity to reach a massive audience 3 days after your product has officially launched. I hope they make some great commercials...their previous commercials have been pretty terrible. No one cares if Tiesto is flying around the world DJing and using his BlackBerry to keep in touch with his friends. Show us what the phone does better than the competition.
    I've been hoping that RIM has plans for a Super Bowl ad, but it may need to be more ambitious than just being about the phones, particularly since the phones likely won't be available by game day.

This is a comeback story, pure and simple; the return of a former industry champion that many had left for dead. I think they'll enjoy more success going with that angle than with the phones themselves.
    01-21-13 02:56 AM
    Dday: January 30th...

We're two weeks out...

1) No television ads
    2) No Major Network interviews
    3) Step away from this Site and People still don't know about it.

I shouldn't have to explain my #bb10, #jan30 tags to anyone, but average Joes are clueless about this "big announcement". I thought there was supposed to be some awesome advertising campaign. WHERE THE **** IS IT?
    Clearly announced by F. Boulben :
    Step #1 : use the fan base, the tech press, social medias and the blogosphere to aim curiosity. That's where we are.
    Step #2 : go wild : starts 30rd of January.

Stay calm, all is planned
    jonno_atamaniuk likes this.
    01-21-13 04:45 AM
    As has been said many times, adds that create an interest would make people want to try them. When they find out they can't, well that just solidifies their negative attitude and in a months time (don't really know when) when the phones are available, they have moved on and don't care any more. They have been seeding and that is the smartest way at the moment. Also, this is not a one time event. They don't need everyone on board day one. This is a long term race. H_O_Boomaye brought up movies... well they are around for anywhere from a week to 4 weeks, depending on sales. That's it... to draw a comparison is not logical. I've said it before, RIM is all over the news. I hear almost everyday on the morning and evening news about RIM stock what it's doing. Bloggers are all changing their tune and writing about how great the new OS really is. Celebrities are trying it and tweeting about how impressed they are. Carrier web pages are all (here in Canada) having banners stating "BB10 coming soon". There are hints of the new coming of RIM all over the place. It may not be in your face, but when they do release the campaign in full force, the underlying groundwork has already been laid. It's almost subliminal at this point.... believe it or not, people have been hearing about this for quite some time. Soon the fingers will be snapped, and the masses will "wake up" and realize what's going on.
    _______

Well said. Geez, folks, it's only three more days to launch and another three days to the big Super Bowl ad! I don't see anything wrong with that strategy. And as cjcampbell writes, a lot of things are already taking place that you may not know about.

People, please find that photo of Thor and his pronouncement. Then shut up.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    01-27-13 05:15 PM
    They are marketing just not as much as apple or Microsoft. I am measuring this on North America and Europe not 3rd world nations. Hopefully the product will advertise itself when it hits from users.
    01-27-13 05:31 PM
    This is a comeback story, pure and simple; the return of a former industry champion that many had left for dead. I think they'll enjoy more success going with that angle than with the phones themselves.
    Thorsten said he will be happy in third-place. These are hardly the words of someone with confidence in the "return of a former industry champion".
    01-27-13 06:34 PM
    Clearly announced by F. Boulben :
    Step #1 : use the fan base, the tech press, social medias and the blogosphere to aim curiosity. That's where we are.
    Step #2 : go wild : starts 30rd of January.

Stay calm, all is planned
    That is the marketing strategy for a high school or college product development and marketing course. Point 1 only holds if cutting-edge designs such as the concept BlackBerry Blade and BlackBerry Victory, for example, were slated to be released instead of the me-too designs for BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry X10. Point 2 will be realized on the stock markets as the volatile fluctuations start on January 31st. The advertising campaign should have begun this weekend with teaser ads not showing the actual products, followed up on Wednesday with product advertisements, and then sustained advertising for at least 60 days.
    01-27-13 06:42 PM
    Here in the US, you don't even see stores that will be selling the devices even teasing them. For example, you go to Best Buy's US site and go to the cell phones category and there are ads for the Samsung Galaxy Note II, Galaxy GS III and the Iphone 5. Go to Best Buy Canada's site and go to the same section and BB10 is the lead ad, followed by Samsung and the iPhone 5.
    01-27-13 08:35 PM
    I actually saw a blackberry 10 ad on tv this afternoon before coverage of the pro-bowl. I missed most of it though.
    01-27-13 10:51 PM
    Here in the US, you don't even see stores that will be selling the devices even teasing them. For example, you go to Best Buy's US site and go to the cell phones category and there are ads for the Samsung Galaxy Note II, Galaxy GS III and the Iphone 5. Go to Best Buy Canada's site and go to the same section and BB10 is the lead ad, followed by Samsung and the iPhone 5.
    Day before official launch and I don't see any BB10 announcements or pre-launch on any of the US carriers...it's no doubt that the Canadian carriers are all lined up but let's hope they are not counting on Canada...
    01-29-13 01:30 AM
113 ... 345