The Q10 is the only AMOLED screen device so far right? When do you think the next AMOLED device will be out?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 12:22 AM
    Dont forget the z30

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 12:28 AM
    I want this too. I like OLED better. Like the one is Samsung's. Very vibrant. The color so deep. It's a matter of preference though. I hoped that Passport would be OLED but apparently it is not.
    09-21-14 01:51 AM
    I want this too. I like OLED better. Like the one is Samsung's. Very vibrant. The color so deep. It's a matter of preference though. I hoped that Passport would be OLED but apparently it is not.
    Perhaps they considered people who want to use it when the sun is out...

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12 likes this.
    09-21-14 03:44 AM
    Perhaps they considered people who want to use it when the sun is out...

Posted via CB10
    I honestly don't see the problem with using OLED while the sun is out. I have used my Samsung Tab, which came with SAMOLED, and I enjoy very much using it. The Z30 too. It's nice to see the display, whatever the condition is, outdoor or indoor. The only problem with OLED is that they tend to suffer from burn-in issues. My Samsung 7.7 suffer from it a bit. There is a very little hint of screen burn-in at the location of notification bar, which is subtly visible when the display is displaying grey color. But no other colors. Perhaps because of the notification bar was grey in color.
    09-21-14 03:48 AM
    There's no problem with viewing z30 screen in direct sunlight, even while wearing sunglasses. That's gotta be a myth some marketers made up
    09-21-14 06:01 AM
    There's no problem with viewing z30 screen in direct sunlight, even while wearing sunglasses. That's gotta be a myth some marketers made up
    Of course there's a huge problem with the z30 in direct sunlight. Anyone who doesn't think there is either needs their eyes checked or are straight out in denial.

Sure with sunglasses the z30 is better to use in sunlight but for people like me who wear glasses all the time, it's a bit difficult wearing sunglasses whilst using the z30.

I live in the uk and we don't get alot of sun but when we do, I loathe having to take out my z30 to use. I have to use one hand to cover the sun out.

I've never been a fan of amoled screens, sure the colours have more depth to them, blacks are blacker but it defeats the point of it if you are squinting or having to use sunglasses to see what's on ur screen.

Perhaps the amoled screens BlackBerry use in the z30 are of poor quality, who knows. But I'm glad the passport isn't using amoled screens.

All this samoled, amoled is all hype made up by Samsung so they can sell more devices. Just like apple and their new fangled sapphire glass and ion strengthened glass.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 06:13 AM
    Lcd screens are more natural than Amoled

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    09-21-14 06:14 AM
    Does the Z10 have an LCD screen, or a "super LCD screen"?
    The difference is, the Super LCD screens have no gap between the screen itself, and the protective glass. But I can't tell just by looking at it, so does anyone know?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 12:40 PM
    Vampires love their AMOLED devices. They work best in low light conditions.

The Khan is AMOLED - Classic is LCD, Passport is LCD. The next AMOLED may be in 2015 - but aside from the Khan - BlackBerry looks to be moving from AMOLED

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12 likes this.
    09-21-14 12:47 PM
    Vampires love their AMOLED devices. They work best in low light conditions.

The Khan is AMOLED - Classic is LCD, Passport is LCD. The next AMOLED may be in 2015 - but aside from the Khan - BlackBerry looks to be moving from AMOLED

Posted via CB10
    And it only is because they wanted to get rid of surplus Q10 parts, probably.
    09-21-14 12:55 PM
    That was my thinking too - good call.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 01:25 PM
    Does the Z10 have an LCD screen, or a "super LCD screen"?
    The difference is, the Super LCD screens have no gap between the screen itself, and the protective glass. But I can't tell just by looking at it, so does anyone know?

Posted via CB10
    The Z10 has an IPS LCD screen. I don't know about the "super" part, but the screen and the touch-surface are the same without another layer on top. When the Z10 screen cracks, the entire surface touch capability is gone. Unlike an iPhone where even when the glass totally shatters, touch still works. At least up to the 4 that I know of. I don't know if that's changed in the 5 or 6.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 01:34 PM
    Of course there's a huge problem with the z30 in direct sunlight. Anyone who doesn't think there is either needs their eyes checked or are straight out in denial.

Sure with sunglasses the z30 is better to use in sunlight but for people like me who wear glasses all the time, it's a bit difficult wearing sunglasses whilst using the z30.

I live in the uk and we don't get alot of sun but when we do, I loathe having to take out my z30 to use. I have to use one hand to cover the sun out.

I've never been a fan of amoled screens, sure the colours have more depth to them, blacks are blacker but it defeats the point of it if you are squinting or having to use sunglasses to see what's on ur screen.

Perhaps the amoled screens BlackBerry use in the z30 are of poor quality, who knows. But I'm glad the passport isn't using amoled screens.

All this samoled, amoled is all hype made up by Samsung so they can sell more devices. Just like apple and their new fangled sapphire glass and ion strengthened glass.

Posted via CB10
    Uhh.. haha so I guess it's only perfecty fine for anyone who doesn't need their eyes checked (or have already had them checked and received a prescription beause of it)
    09-21-14 03:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    I live in Indonesia and I did none of that dude. We got sunshine all year long. ==. I really don't see the problem. I do not squint, nor use hands to block the sunlight. In fact, I'm typing under one now. It's 7.30 in the morning today. And it is set at the lowest brightness level. I'm not in denial at all.
    09-21-14 07:26 PM
    Well like the P9982 from the Z10, the P9983 was always going to be just a rebranded Q10 with more storage and new materials.
    09-22-14 01:16 AM