Both BlackBerry-lovers and BlackBerry-hater reviewers have written long reviews and noted some concerns or feature requests (they are mostly very minor and fixable by software update). Also, a bunch of us(ers) have either bought a Z10 or spent a LOT of time playing with it since it was released a week ago and started threads reporting bugs or feature-requests. (My own wishlist is here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-768484/ )

Now, what I am wondering is, when can we expect an OS update from BlackBerry? I am guessing that it'd be within next 30 days (probably a few days sooner than US launch). And I think this update will address most of these things. Is there anybody here (maybe Kevin?) who knows for sure if an OS update is in the cards in near future?

I mean, I am guessing that fixing bugs and addressing top feature-requests will be their TOP most priority right now? Feedback from us - the early adopters - can be used to improve the product before it's launched to a wider market. So, can anybody (in-the-know) confirm if an OS update is going to be made available in next few weeks (before US launch)?
    02-07-13 11:15 PM
    I heard that 10.1 was being released with the Q10. I'm not sure if BlackBerry will be releasing fixes for 10.0.
    02-07-13 11:26 PM
    to be honest, i would say before US launch they will try to fix some of the biggest bugs or at least the ones that are easiest to fix.

they have to be pretty close to perfect for the US launch, so the UK and Canada launch would be a good test run.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    02-07-13 11:29 PM
    They've said the Q10 comes with 10.1 installed so I'd expect 10.1 around the time the Q10 is released.

There might be a bug fix release before then.
    02-07-13 11:29 PM
    They've said the Q10 comes with 10.1 installed so I'd expect 10.1 around the time the Q10 is released.

There might be a bug fix release before then.
    You got it.
    02-07-13 11:32 PM
    The big question is will the os updates for bb10 have to go through the carriers again? Because it was like that for the lte and network enabled playbooks so It would only seem like it has to go through the carrier process again.
    02-07-13 11:34 PM
    There is not any major problems I have found. Just notification bugs.
    02-07-13 11:36 PM
    I would love to see a fix for the google calendar sync crashing because of the bad cal dev mapping.
    02-07-13 11:55 PM
    yeah, a bunch of my friends are ready to buy this device as soon as they are sure that initial bugs have been patched. I hope there is an update in next couple of weeks. If Q10 is going to run on 10.1 then that pretty much guarantees that we'll see an update. I mean, Z10 and Q10 both run the same OS (Q10 is just going to have some extra modules for hardware keyboard) so fixes that make their way into 10.1 should easily make their way to Z10. That's good news.
    02-08-13 09:30 AM
    It not easy to roll updates, carriers have to test and approve them. It's hard to believe that US carriers that are taking so much time to test the z10 for release could test an update in just a few days. Probably updates will take a couple of months to come.
    ubizmo likes this.
    02-08-13 09:42 AM
    They should roll out the updates like Apple does. Makes it much more efficient. Mind you, I wonder whether there is a way to get a hold of the OS, and we can just install it, like we did in legacy devices. I mean if we get the bars we could technically just use DingleBerry to install it
    02-08-13 09:57 AM