Does anyone know when we will receive any of those apps mentioned at the launch.. such as fruit ninja, Skype, where's my water, etc. And instagram? People keep asking me "Does it have Instagram" and I tell them it's coming.. but when?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    omarha likes this.
    02-15-13 03:20 PM
    so as WhatsApp. I seldom use it but our company management has been using this for communication and all BB users have it on their OS5/6/7 phone. Our users has been asking if they can upgrade their phone I told them WhatsApp is not available yet and they were so disappointed.

I personally don't really care if BBM will port to other platform for the time being. Bring in the most popular IM to BB10 ASAP so users won't be switching to other platform.
    02-15-13 03:38 PM
    Your company uses Whatsapp for communication? Eeek.

Expect bigger apps to launch when the phones launch in the US.

To many big devs, the phones haven't "launched" till in the US
    02-15-13 03:40 PM
    What does the huge apps have got anything to do with the US launch?
    02-15-13 05:14 PM
    I agree. There is no big rush for the big name apps until the US launch march/april time frame. Why because to BBRY that is the market they need right now. The rest of us are guinea pigs for the OS. IMO.

omarha likes this.
    02-15-13 05:29 PM
    I agree people asking me all the time when is instagram coming -.-" alot of people would switch but they want instagram & Skype but I tell them it should here in 2 weeks or less lol

02-15-13 06:10 PM
    WhatsApp is expected to be released in the next few weeks, so is Skype.
    02-15-13 06:20 PM
    when their ready.
    02-15-13 07:21 PM
    WhatsApp is expected to be released in the next few weeks, so is Skype.
    source?
    02-15-13 07:58 PM
    I'm guessing with the Q10/10.1/US launch, whichever comes last.
    02-15-13 09:11 PM
    Start bugging the app vendors to show there's a demand ...
    b320 and ESCON like this.
    02-15-13 09:12 PM
    Whatapp actually sent me an email stating the app was coming.... I just would not put a time frame as It could very well be beta... but it does look like it. is..Skype is already announce on the Skype website... so that is a forgone conclusion... would be suprised if Instagram does not show... but who knows... probably another reason for the late US launch could be having these and others lined up for the US launch...... as to why they are not released now is two fold.... first in is an unknown, first generation platform... this will make many devleopers take a "wait and see" stance... the second reason is .... you cannot force a developer to make an app for you.... plain and simple....
    02-15-13 10:02 PM
    id rather have Advance OS and LED then sykpe/instagram/netflix. also a good solid banking app would be nice instead of going to the mobile site
    ive been trying to reach out to app devs but have gotten no luck so far.
    A/OS & LED said they werent until the OS became bigger. Ebay customer service had no idea about the Z10 and OS10 and Groupon same thing.
    02-16-13 11:03 AM
    Advance OS is by far the best of the bunch! I don't understand what they mean by the OS becoming bigger? In regards to what Advance OS does on BBOS, how could BB10 do less?
    02-16-13 11:20 AM
    Advance OS is by far the best of the bunch! I don't understand what they mean by the OS becoming bigger? In regards to what Advance OS does on BBOS, how could BB10 do less?
    they mean bigger as in more popular. they dont want to start coding for a brand new OS if its not going to go anywhere and take their tiem away from the current app on the legendary OS' (not my term BBRY's)

just checked A/OS&LED's FB page and this is his reply to everyone who keeps asking him when hes going to port it over:
    "Im waiting for the Q10 device, also bb10 is limited when it comes to utility apps, it wont be the same features if i do decide to make the transition for my app."

so it looks like we will have to wait a few months to get the app and even then it looks like it wont be as much of a super app as it was.
    02-16-13 11:25 AM
    Ditto...
    source?
    02-16-13 11:37 AM
    Here we go again? Playbook anyone? I had held fast and supported them to everyone and went out and got the damn phone at launch. Put your faith in BlackBerry... Where is NHL Game Center? Season is over a quarter over and news releases were everywhere saying it would be at launch. I want to watch games when I'm out and about. Can on my iPhone, can on a buddies Android, but on my brand new Z10? Nope. Where is Skype? I felt a lot better getting this phone with guarantees they would be there right away and they are not. And don't even get me started on the integrated Twitter app fiasco and lack of response from anyone on that. How is Crackberry not commenting/complaining about this? Does Blackberry want to survive or not? Please don't say talk to the developers as that is BlackBerry's role as far as I'm concerned especially when they are out touting it pre-launch. Z10 is a great product and BB10 is a good OS but that matters not when things are a pain or you have to keep waiting. Playbook is a great device too, but imagine the damage it could have done if at launch it was what it is now. In my opinion Blackberry is now on the thinest ice ever. You have a great product with great initial sales, but first exposure also has to be GREAT. How can I show off what it can do to people when it doesn't have the things to show off?
    omarha likes this.
    02-16-13 01:07 PM
    My question would be... where's the banking apps? CIBC,TDBANK,RBC,SCOTIA BANK ETC. This should have been a giving at the launch date since many people rely on mobile banking. I'm patient... Just don't want to wait 6 to 1 year to see those apps. And if it's the case... so be it. I'm still going for keep my Z10. Love this phone!
    02-16-13 08:28 PM
    Yes, there is an app for TD.
    BlackBerry World - TD (Canada)
    Doesn't work on BB10, plus I'm pretty sure that is just a launcher for their mobile site.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-13 09:48 PM