.... and you cant convince 200 people to get BBM... so you are left with being forced to use WhatsApp.
    It is easier for 1 person to suit 200 people than 200 people to suit 1 person.
    BigAl_BB9900 and JeepBB like this.
    09-25-16 10:28 AM
    Android WhatsApp won't work either. According to da_koningsberg, the BB10 WA dev, WA servers will block connections coming from BB10, no matter which client you use.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    This I don't believe
    09-26-16 02:15 AM
    The message given by Whatsapp dropping support for BB10 devices end 2016 is rather plain and simple. The android app running under BB10 should also cease to work because Whatsapp has your device information, period.

Of course you can still look at this in 10 different ways but make no mistake about what is crystal clear.
    I dont get this message in the Android version of Whatsapp
    09-26-16 02:18 AM
    Whatsapp doesnt want to spend time anymore on the few left BlackBerry users. Thats why they will stop with their bb10 app at the end of this year. There is no need to bully us by blocking bb10 accounts or whatsoever. Als long as the Android app just works on a BlackBerry, it doesnt cost them any extra effort.
    09-26-16 02:26 AM
    This I don't believe
    So you think the BB10 WA dev was lying?

09-26-16 03:44 AM
    So you think the BB10 WA dev was lying?

This is what he said

WhatsApp ... the verdict?-img_20160924_003741.png
    09-26-16 05:34 AM
    This is what he said

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160924_003741.png 
Views:	574 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	409026
    There you go!
    With the WAA fixer, whatsapp works perfectly. Who knows, in the future it will go bad. But there is no deadline on december 31st.
    So there will be time to wait for the new pkb android BlackBerry. ....if it will arrive... ...lets hope so....
    Last edited by Niels B; 09-26-16 at 07:53 AM.
    09-26-16 07:38 AM
    Here is an tutorial how to install the Whatsapp android app on your bb10 device. Watch the whole video. You dont need to install Google Play store etc. Just look up whatsapp apk on the internet and install Waa Fixer with your Chrome browser.

the 'optimal user experience ' is achieved with the waa fixer. Great stuff!
    09-26-16 07:47 AM
    Just pick your' favourite ;-P
    And get on with it....

WhatsApp ... the verdict?-shit-happenes.jpg

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    09-26-16 10:02 AM
    At this point all we know for certain is that:
    The BB10 version of WhatsApp has a message saying that "After Dec. 31, 2016, you will no longer be able to use WhatsApp on this phone as WhatsApp will no longer support it".
    Some people believe they will be able to use the Android version on BB10 after that.
    WhatsApp says that its severs collect information about which device, OS, and app version is being used.
    The developer has acknowledge that WhatsApp could refuse refuse BB10 connections to its servers.

What we still don't know for certain is how WhatsApp servers will respond to BB10 connections from the Android version of WhatsApp after Dec. 31.
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-26-16 10:52 AM
    Please stop putting words in my mouth. I know if someone misinterprets something and repeats it across enough forum threads, everyone else automatically assumes it to be the truth. However, that doesn't actually make it so.

The screenshot of my post from the Beta Zone forums is accurate, and reflects what I've actually been saying all along.

Also, please stop trying to mince words in messages designed to be generic and easy to read. The target audience of these messages is normal users running supported clients. The Android client has never been officially supported on BlackBerry 10 devices, and thus the official notifications do not make mention of it. If that notification had sufficient detail to cover every last nitpick that might arise in forums such as these, it would be extremely confusing to the average user.
    09-26-16 11:09 AM
    So the android version won't work? Or you don't know? Or can't tell?
    09-26-16 11:12 AM
    Please stop putting words in my mouth. I know if someone misinterprets something and repeats it across enough forum threads, everyone else automatically assumes it to be the truth. However, that doesn't actually make it so.

The screenshot of my post from the Beta Zone forums is accurate, and reflects what I've actually been saying all along.

Also, please stop trying to mince words in messages designed to be generic and easy to read. The target audience of these messages is normal users running supported clients. The Android client has never been officially supported on BlackBerry 10 devices, and thus the official notifications do not make mention of it. If that notification had sufficient detail to cover every last nitpick that might arise in forums such as these, it would be extremely confusing to the average user.
    Sorry haven't really followed the entire thread hope my screenshot didn't make you angry
    Just confirming

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-26-16 11:32 AM
    Sheesh, now you dumb****s have gone and pissed off the one and only Whatsapp developer who is on our side helping us.

From what I understood him to say, the android version will continue to work "as is" however there will be no (please fix this) tech support like he has been supporting us with the BlackBerry version because the android version is for just that: Android platform. So don't expect technical support if you're using a BB 10 OS device.

Simple as that.

 Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.2.2789 T-Mobile with Wi-Fi calling
    09-26-16 01:43 PM

Facts are facts. Opinions are opinions. Wishful thinking is wishful thinking. And yes, it's been proven that if you repeat something that is not factual often enough, people will start to believe that it is true.

There has still been no official unambiguous clearly understood statement from WhatApp as to what their policy will be for BB10 devices running the Android version of their app after December 31, 2016.
    09-26-16 01:51 PM
    Facts are facts. Opinions are opinions. Wishful thinking is wishful thinking. And yes, it's been proven that if you repeat something that is not factual often enough, people will start to believe that it is true.

There has still been no official unambiguous clearly understood statement from WhatApp as to what their policy will be for BB10 devices running the Android version of their app after December 31, 2016.
    Really...? if you still don't get it, read and repeat or read the post above yours for further clarification. There is no reason to clarify something that's not supposed to exist, WA doesn't have a personal vendetta against BB10, they just don't want to waste time and money on it.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-16 02:50 PM
    Time is money. And WA is not making money at the BlackBerry platform. So they are not spending any time on BlackBerry any longer.
    09-26-16 03:46 PM
    Yesterday I took my Curve 9300 out of the drawer and installed WhatsApp successfully. However, when I tried to register my number I got a message that I can only use the last phone number that was registered on it. I used this Curve in many countries with many SIM cards years ago so I don't remember now which one is the correct phone number, and I don't have those SIM cards anymore.

My point is that WhatsApp does collect device information (and phone numbers) and keep them for years. It would be very easy for the WhatsApp developer to add some codes for checking certain devices' IMEI, serial numbers, and OSes and then block the connection on server side.

Posted via my Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-26-16 05:46 PM
    So the android version won't work? Or you don't know? Or can't tell?
    Looks like it works right now. Will it work in the future? No one knows. They have said major changes are coming in security in 2017. If these changes require an Android version beyond 4.3 then it will probably not work with ART. Until the new versions come out next year no one can say if the new Android app will work on BB10.
    09-26-16 06:24 PM
    Sheesh, now you dumb****s have gone and pissed off the one and only Whatsapp developer who is on our side helping us.

From what I understood him to say, the android version will continue to work "as is" however there will be no (please fix this) tech support like he has been supporting us with the BlackBerry version because the android version is for just that: Android platform. So don't expect technical support if you're using a BB 10 OS device.

Simple as that.

 Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.2.2789 T-Mobile with Wi-Fi calling
    How is he 'helping us'? WA has already decided to pull the plug on the BB10 client so there's nothing he can do.

09-26-16 11:48 PM
    Really...? if you still don't get it, read and repeat or read the post above yours for further clarification. There is no reason to clarify something that's not supposed to exist, WA doesn't have a personal vendetta against BB10, they just don't want to waste time and money on it.

Posted via CB10
    You haven't read either 'cause WA and dkonigsberg have said multiple times that the only reason they're discontinuing the BB10 client is because of BlackBerry refuses to open up some needed API's, meaning that's it's not a matter of money.

09-26-16 11:51 PM
    Boring!!!
    09-27-16 03:06 AM
    The Android client has never been officially supported on BlackBerry 10 devices,
    This says it all
    moyah8 likes this.
    09-27-16 03:08 AM
    If WhatsApp does not serve OS10
    Bbm serves all phones. Just tell your contacts to download bbm. My contacts allredy did that and love bbm

Posted via CB10
    I will ask my 352 contacts to download BBM, hopefully 2 of them will do it...

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 03:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    It really seems a personal vendetta against BB10, because EOS is one thing, blocking is another. Blocking BB10 using an emulated Android version is even worse.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 03:29 AM
92 1234