Whatsapp on Z10 is not yet perfect but still good. Hope they add complete integration with the hub and enable native sharing from other apps.
    03-16-13 12:17 AM
    I am not the developer.

I installed. It worked. Then it stopped working. I got the update. It worked. Then it stopped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled. It worked. And then it stopped. Even if it did work. It still looks like crap and lacks the features of openwhatsapp. The only thing it has is ability to push notifications while closed. I can live with leaving openwhatsapp running.

Openwhatsapp is simply better.

My complaints are not baseless or trivial, but thanks for saying that....

And I'm not complaining... it's a free app. how could anyone complain?? I'm simply stating facts. Whatsapp is a piece of crap. It is a non-functioning app that was released half-baked and untested. I am not the only one that is having the same issues either. Seems that is about 50/50 if it works or doesn't work from what I gather from the many forum posts on the subject. The OP was expressing his anxiousness about not having the official Whatsapp yet and I was simply offering my advice and the reasons for it.

But since you call my 'complaints' baseless and trivial, here are a few screen shots of the app that so many are chomping at the bit to get.

Attachment 141545

Attachment 141549
    And here are a few of my screen shots of the same app that so many are chomping at the but to get

WhatsApp - Still Cant Download-img_00000073.png

WhatsApp - Still Cant Download-img_00000074.png

And I understood what you meant as far as sharing media, I was simply stating that you could do it from within the app.

WhatsApp - Still Cant Download-img_00000075.png

I just want to share with the public that are on the fence about this app that it isn't as terrible as you make it seem to be. I, and many others, have experienced no issues with it in the same way that you, and possibly others as well, have experienced issues with it.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 11:23 AM
    thanks, i already have that version installed in my z10 actually i was looking for 10.0.10.85 or 90 for stl1001, if possible can u please explain the difference between stl1001, stl1002, stl1003 and stl1004 ? if possible and u have a link of any article explaining the said things please paste here
    Thanks again
    The difference is the frequencies each phone supports designed for different regional markets. Please do a search as this has been documented in several places already.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 12:09 PM
    get the latest OS and make sure the SIM is in. I did it on my Z10 and it worked miracles suddenly
    03-17-13 02:32 AM
    Unfortunately that's not the latest upgrade and Whatsapp, for what ever reason is needing the latest OS. I'm in the same situation until I update to 10.0.10 xxx

Posted via CB10
    your answer is not correct, I have the os 10.0.10.261 and it does not allow me to install whatsapp.
    03-20-13 11:42 AM
    Pathetic from BlackBerry. Sorry to say but you ll never get such ridiculous issues with an iphone.

Posted via CB10
    Actually yeah! Google maps disappeared with iOS 6 and there was no way to get it back!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 11:45 AM
    Trust me... you don't want it. It is quite possibly the worst BB10 app on BlackBerry World. Honestly. The GUI looks like it came from BlackBerry OS2. The contacts list doesn't show names. The so called hub integration is pretty hokey. You can't share media to whatsapp from the other native apps. That's just the shortlist of defects with this piece of crap that the whole world was waiting so anxiously for.

Posted via CB10
    The latest update to whatsapp has fixed the contacts issues that people were having after rebooting. Also now whatsapp is now showing up in the share options.

Slowly but surely whatsapp is getting better and better.

Openwhatsapp as good as it was, will not have push notifications as someone mentioned that they don't own the push tech to run Openwhatsapp in the background and that for me is the biggest fail of Openwhatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 02:42 PM
    Pathetic from BlackBerry. Sorry to say but you ll never get such ridiculous issues with an iphone.
    You blame BlackBerry for the fact that a third -party app requires the latest BlackBerry OS to work? Alrighty then!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 05:28 PM
    I have a blackberry curve 8520, i updated my os to 5.0 but i stil cant download watsapp. i keep getting the message: WhatsApp for BlackBerry is available for download from this location. However, no valid BlackBerry browser has been detected. Please use your BlackBerry Browser when visiting this website.

Set your "Browser Identification" to "BlackBerry" under Browser > Options > Browser Configuration > Browser: Internet Browser, save the settings and "Refresh" this page.

Heeeeeeelp plz.
    11-07-13 04:08 AM
34 12